2011 STi Sedan Build Thread (400+whp) - Page 37
Page 37 of 44 FirstFirst ... 272829303132333435363738394041424344 LastLast

This is a discussion on 2011 STi Sedan Build Thread (400+whp) within the Builds forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Harness bar came in today from Cipher Auto! Looks great and very strong and sturdy. Hopefully installation goes well and ...

Harness bar came in today from Cipher Auto! Looks great and very strong and sturdy. Hopefully installation goes well and fitment is nice. Contemplating powder coating it white to match the other white interior pieces. I think that'll look real good! Seats should be here next week along with brackets and NRG harnesses and harness pads.

As for the car, hopefully next week. This is taking way longer then I expected.

Here's a few pics of the harness bar.

2011 STi----------PTE6266--------Fully Built---------ETS--------E85

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Harness bar came in today from Cipher Auto! Looks great and very strong and sturdy. Hopefully installation goes well and fitment is nice. Contemplating powder coating it white to match the other white interior pieces. I think that'll look real good! Seats should be here next week along with brackets and NRG harnesses and harness pads.

As for the car, hopefully next week. This is taking way longer then I expected.

Here's a few pics of the harness bar.

More goodies came in today!

Cipher Auto Leather, black material and red stitching seats with adjustable rails and reclinable backs.

NRG 5 Point 3" Red Harnesses with cam locks

NRG 3" Black Harness Pads

Overall, I'm very happy with how the seats came out and they are actually a lot better quality then I thought. i would definitely recommend them especially for the fact that they are a fraction of the price of a typical name brand seat (Recaro, Bride, Status, etc.)

I've came to the conclusion that I'm going to powder coat the harness bar sep to match the exterior and other interior parts. Should look real good with the black, red and white theme.

Also, considering sending my seats out to a friend who is very good with sewing and making custom fit materials like that. I want to do all genuine leather with genuine alcantara inserts and a red STi emblem embroidered into the head rest.

Okay, I'll shut up, here's some pictures.

More goodies came in today!

Cipher Auto Leather, black material and red stitching seats with adjustable rails and reclinable backs.

NRG 5 Point 3" Red Harnesses with cam locks

NRG 3" Black Harness Pads

Overall, I'm very happy with how the seats came out and they are actually a lot better quality then I thought. i would definitely recommend them especially for the fact that they are a fraction of the price of a typical name brand seat (Recaro, Bride, Status, etc.)

I've came to the conclusion that I'm going to powder coat the harness bar sep to match the exterior and other interior parts. Should look real good with the black, red and white theme.

Also, considering sending my seats out to a friend who is very good with sewing and making custom fit materials like that. I want to do all genuine leather with genuine alcantara inserts and a red STi emblem embroidered into the head rest.

Okay, I'll shut up, here's some pictures.

Got word today that my car is running and sounds/looks great. One issue they ran into was a problem with the AC belt. Not exactly sure what went wrong, but they ordered a new one from Subaru and will have it tomorrow. So it looks like I'll be picking it up tomorrow and trailering it home. Hopefully JR is around so I can trailer my car to Prime Motoring to make any adjustments to my break-in tune so that it's perfect.

I'll have updates more frequently for you guys. I got a real good feeling about this one…………..

Got word today that my car is running and sounds/looks great. One issue they ran into was a problem with the AC belt. Not exactly sure what went wrong, but they ordered a new one from Subaru and will have it tomorrow. So it looks like I'll be picking it up tomorrow and trailering it home. Hopefully JR is around so I can trailer my car to Prime Motoring to make any adjustments to my break-in tune so that it's perfect.

I'll have updates more frequently for you guys. I got a real good feeling about this one…………..

Welp, looks like we're already starting with this ****. Cars not done.

We decided that Dave was going to do my break-in tune that way he knows the car left his shop safe and running perfect. The tune was suppose to be done yesterday and I've called several times, no answer, left voicemails, no answer, emails, no answer. Been calling for two days now and still nothing.

Talk about getting your hopes up….

Welp, looks like we're already starting with this ****. Cars not done.

We decided that Dave was going to do my break-in tune that way he knows the car left his shop safe and running perfect. The tune was suppose to be done yesterday and I've called several times, no answer, left voicemails, no answer, emails, no answer. Been calling for two days now and still nothing.

Talk about getting your hopes up….

Damn...sorry to hear

Time to pay a visit...with a crowbar.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens don’t wear hats" -Ying

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Damn...sorry to hear

Time to pay a visit...with a crowbar.

LOLOL So frustrating.

And more problems…

According to Rallispec, the car has a small oil leak coming from the junction between the front upper cam cap (passenger side) and the corresponding head surface. There could be a defect in the cam cap or head or their mating surfaces. Could be a small hairline crack in the head, could be from the grinding of the cam cap, could be that the two mating surfaces are not 100% flat.

Now with that said, does anyone have any experience with such an issue? What exactly would the fix be? They tried silicone and that didn't work properly. So new heads? Can a machine shop fix it?

Any info would help.

Thanks guys

Sucks about the issue, however it's good that they found it now rather than later.

Quote Originally Posted by A265 View Post
    Sucks about the issue, however it's good that they found it now rather than later.
    Well I mean the only way it was found was that the car was smoking, so it was pretty clear there was an issue from the start. But yeah, better now then later.

That sucks man. I have been following your build, hopefully they get things straightened out sooner than later. I am so jelous of your car lol. Mine will get there one day. In about 3-4 years from now lol. Love the seats by the way!
    2011 WRB WRX hatchback---Stage 2
    Stink-Eye Mob #301
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...ld-thread.html <----Build Thread

Quote Originally Posted by WRX-maniac View Post
    That sucks man. I have been following your build, hopefully they get things straightened out sooner than later. I am so jelous of your car lol. Mine will get there one day. In about 3-4 years from now lol. Love the seats by the way!
    Thanks dude! Keep posted and good luck with yours! enjoy it as much s you can!