2011 STi Sedan Build Thread (400+whp) - Page 36
+ Reply to Thread
Page 36 of 50 FirstFirst ... 262728293031323334353637383940414243444546 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on 2011 STi Sedan Build Thread (400+whp) within the Builds forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Okay, so the biggest question I have for my build is.. What new battery do I get? lmao Optima yellow ...

Okay, so the biggest question I have for my build is..

What new battery do I get? lmao

Optima yellow top or red top ahahahha

Any good suggestions anyone?
    2011 STi----------PTE6266--------Fully Built---------ETS--------E85

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Red top, can't tell you how many cars I've seen come into my job with yellow tops going flat or causing other issues.
    2013 SWP WRX Sedan
    Hillside, NJ
    Invidia Catless Downpipe, Custom Short Ram Intake, Self Tuned Using ECU Flash, Romraider and Tactrix

Quote Originally Posted by anpato View Post
    Red top, can't tell you how many cars I've seen come into my job with yellow tops going flat or causing other issues.
    Really?!? Hmmm, it seems like on all the forums I've posted this question in, everyone is saying red top is the way to go. Weird because the red top is the cheaper battery. W.e. works for me! Thanks man

No problem! Hope to see this beast on the road soon!
    2013 SWP WRX Sedan
    Hillside, NJ
    Invidia Catless Downpipe, Custom Short Ram Intake, Self Tuned Using ECU Flash, Romraider and Tactrix

Quote Originally Posted by anpato View Post
    No problem! Hope to see this beast on the road soon!
    You and me both! Thanks man!

Turbo came in the mail today! Checked it over and everything looks perfect! Other then the long waiting process with PTE, they really did an awesome job as far as warranty goes. They didn't have to warranty my issue but they went ahead and did anyways knowing my situation. Big thanks to them.

Manley Turbo Tuff I-Beams w/ ARP CA625+ Bolts were received by Rallispec today and I also want to thank Manley Performance very much for hooking me up with an awesome deal on a new set of rods!

I'll be taking a trip to head games tomorrow morning to pick up my basically brand new heads. New guides, buckets, cams, springs, mill, etc. Big thanks to them also for hooking me up with discounts and warranty!

Other then that, I'll be taking a trip to Rallispec tomorrow to drop off the Turbo, heads and front bumper as well as some pump gas and a few gas cans for them to empty my tank of E85.

I'll be utilizing the same break-in pump gas tune as before from Mikey to break the car in.

Hopefully Rallispec can get my motor back together quickly and I can start the process of break-in yet again. 1000miles/oil change/tune.

Just ordered a new redtop from amazon. $140 shipped.

Maybe they should look over that break in tune before using the same one...
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Maybe they should look over that break in tune before using the same one...
    The break-in tune is fine. The break-in tune was done on the dyno on gate pressure.

Guys, check out my fs thread. Have a lot of stuff for sale and I need to clear out the garage. Make some offers.

Full exhaust, turbo setup, EWG, DP, TMIC, fueling F/S

Guys, check out my fs thread. Have a lot of stuff for sale and I need to clear out the garage. Make some offers.

Full exhaust, turbo setup, EWG, DP, TMIC, fueling F/S

Just bored and wanted bs.

Nothing special going on. I made my new break in tune with JR. I had to send the injectors out to ID to get them bench flow tested and cleaned. Heads are done. Turbo is done. Motor should be getting started early next week, hopefully. Other then that, just waiting on assembly and what not.

As soon as I get it back up and running, I'll give an update.

Just bored and wanted bs.

Nothing special going on. I made my new break in tune with JR. I had to send the injectors out to ID to get them bench flow tested and cleaned. Heads are done. Turbo is done. Motor should be getting started early next week, hopefully. Other then that, just waiting on assembly and what not.

As soon as I get it back up and running, I'll give an update.

Ordered a couple new goodies this week! Spice up the interior a little.

Just got confirmation from Andrew @ T1 Race Development/Injector Dynamics that my injectors are done and being shipped back tomorrow.

Good thing I sent them in because they were a bit gunked up from sitting with E85 in them. Should be back at Rallispec mid next week. Now hopefully Rallispec can get my car back together and running! I'm ready to have it back now!

Here's the flow bench test results. Ready to rock!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.