2011 STi Sedan Build Thread (400+whp) - Page 35
Page 35 of 43 FirstFirst ... 25262728293031323334353637383940414243 LastLast

This is a discussion on 2011 STi Sedan Build Thread (400+whp) within the Builds forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Here's a bit of an update. Went to head games yesterday and saw the actual damage on the heads. Heads ...

Here's a bit of an update. Went to head games yesterday and saw the actual damage on the heads.

Heads were starved of oil due to the spun bearing and lack of oil pressure after that. Almost everything was scored up from my recollection of metal that went through the heads. Cams and buckets are ruined. Guides were crooked/bent, scoring on the heads itself, etc.

Valves were fine, springs were fine, port was fine.

So after a long chat with Dave at Headgames, we decided to redo the heads mostly.
    -New GSC S2 Camshafts
    -New Beehive Springs and Retainers
    -New Guides
    -New Valve Seals
    -Plus the obvious cleaning and water tank work

Heads should be done within the day or so and shipped back to Rallispec.

As far as the motor goes:
    -Cosworth Rings
    -OEM Heat-Treated Crank
    -Pauter X-Beam Rods
    -King Main & Rod Bearings
    -Cosworth High Performance Head Gaskets .78mm
    -OEM Engine Gasket Kit
    -Deglaze Cylinder Walls

Still no word from PTE about the turbo. Kinda getting aggravated about that.

Other then that, everything should be coming back together shortly.
    2011 STi----------PTE6266--------Fully Built---------ETS--------E85

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Man good luck with everything bro...I'm still trying my best to sell my parts, down to some little stuff, the invidia catted Downpipe, the uppipe, tial 38mm red, and the crosspipe. Almost there with my downpayment money so I got my fingers crossed. Again, good luck with everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Agron1979 View Post
    Man good luck with everything bro...I'm still trying my best to sell my parts, down to some little stuff, the invidia catted Downpipe, the uppipe, tial 38mm red, and the crosspipe. Almost there with my downpayment money so I got my fingers crossed. Again, good luck with everything.
    Same to you dude. Thanks

BTW, if anyone has a hookup with Pauter Rods, please let me know!

Is that all still out of pocket though or was it somehow linked to an incorrect build since you barely made it through break in?
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens don’t wear hats" -Ying

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Is that all still out of pocket though or was it somehow linked to an incorrect build since you barely made it through break in?
    All out of pocket…. No one took responsibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Januch09 View Post
    All out of pocket…. No one took responsibility.
    Now that's some bull****...
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens don’t wear hats" -Ying

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Now that's some bull****...
    Tell me about it….

So far none can really get their hands on Pauter X-Beam rods. They are in production right now for a new batch and are going to take at least 3 weeks…sigh.

Second choice is going to be Manley Turbo Tuff I-Beams

So far none can really get their hands on Pauter X-Beam rods. They are in production right now for a new batch and are going to take at least 3 weeks…sigh.

Second choice is going to be Manley Turbo Tuff I-Beams

Just got an email from Grant at PTE. The turbo was shipped out today!

Here's what the issue was:

"Oil feed pin was removed by someone and o-ring was changed to green air-conditioning style"

Not exactly sure who removed that but obviously this was an issue.

PTE covered everything and replaced the wrong O-ring and pin and also paid for shipping which is much appreciated. It did take a long time for them to respond to me, but once they finally responded, it was checked over and fixed within a day and shipped out within a few hours after.

Also, Manley Turbo Tuff Rods w/ ARP CA625+ Bolts were ordered and should be shipped to Rallispec early next week! Turbo should be here early next week also. Heads should be at Rallispec early next week too.

Once the turbo comes in, I'll take a trip to Rallispec and give him my turbo. i also have to drain my gas tank of the E85 and bring 5 gallons of pump gas so that we can start the car up on the break-in tune. Mikey doesn't want to break the car in on E85 which is understandable.

"Oil feed pin was removed by someone and o-ring was changed to green air-conditioning style"

PTE covered everything and replaced the wrong O-ring and pin and also paid for shipping which is much appreciated. It did take a long time for them to respond to me, but once they finally responded, it was checked over and fixed within a day and shipped out within a few hours after.

Also, Manley Turbo Tuff Rods w/ ARP CA625+ Bolts were ordered and should be shipped to Rallispec early next week! Turbo should be here early next week also. Heads should be at Rallispec early next week too.

Once the turbo comes in, I'll take a trip to Rallispec and give him my turbo. i also have to drain my gas tank of the E85 and bring 5 gallons of pump gas so that we can start the car up on the break-in tune. Mikey doesn't want to break the car in on E85 which is understandable.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Januch09 View Post

Awesome. Hope she gets back up and running fairly soon...Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by 11blackSTi View Post
    Awesome. Hope she gets back up and running fairly soon...Good luck!
    Thanks dude.

Okay, so the biggest question I have for my build is..

What new battery do I get? lmao

Optima yellow top or red top ahahahha

Any good suggestions anyone?