2011 STi Sedan Build Thread (400+whp) - Page 33
Page 33 of 44 FirstFirst ... 232425262728293031323334353637383940414243 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on 2011 STi Sedan Build Thread (400+whp) within the Builds forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Sensors finally came! Also my JCS 3 gauge A-pillar pod arrived too. There pod fits perfect and matches very well ...

Sensors finally came! Also my JCS 3 gauge A-pillar pod arrived too. There pod fits perfect and matches very well with my STi trim. Very happy with their product.

Tune scheduled for Wednesday!!!
    2011 STi----------PTE6266--------Fully Built---------ETS--------E85

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Good luck dude, and I hope everything goes well at EFI

Quote Originally Posted by Agron1979 View Post
    Good luck dude, and I hope everything goes well at EFI
    Thanks, but I'll actually be at THE SHOP CT. Mikey tunes there also and it's about an hour closer to where I live.

Well today's the big day! Heading to Connecticut around 2 for my tune.

We'll be doing pump gas and (Newark Airport) E85 tuning. I'm bringing the GO-PRO and my Cannon for video footage. Hopefully get some real nice results and no problems!

Keep me in your prayers! lol

My man!!! Good luck with everyrhing...

Amped to see your results man. Goodluck!
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

I Support ClubWRX
    I'm excited to see the videos and the numbers .
    -Noah

2009 Spark Silver Metallic Sedan - Stage 2+

Stink-Eye Mob #91

Help Me with My Build Thread : http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...wrx-sedan.html

Not so good. Ran into problems and need some stuff checked tomorrow. I'll let you all know when I figure out what's wrong.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Januch09 View Post
    Not so good. Ran into problems and need some stuff checked tomorrow. I'll let you all know when I figure out what's wrong.
    Sorry to hear that. Hope it gets sorted quickly.
    -Noah

2009 Spark Silver Metallic Sedan - Stage 2+

Stink-Eye Mob #91

Help Me with My Build Thread : http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...wrx-sedan.html

Ouch.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Nooo you gotta get this beast on the road before winter comes!
    2012 DGM WRX - Stage Two 93 - Stink Eye Mob #908
    The Epic Life of Emily the WRX

Compression test came back fine. 5-10 psi difference in the cylinders. Going to do a leak down test tomorrow and check the oil for any metal particles.

Compression test is a good sign...

Well, here's the deal. Since day 1 the car was blowing out blue smoke. Didn't really think anything of it, just thought it was the fresh motor getting everything out and the rings trying to set properly. On the dyno, the car was making real nice healthy power. In the beginning, we were having a very minor misfire in cylinder 2 at idle especially. Once the car warmed up, it would go away. We put E85 in to see how the car reacted to it and see what the car wanted. Blue smoke dissipated a little but was still there under boost. Note, the car did not blow out any blue smoke at idle, only under boost. Then the car started acting weird, we were loosing boost and power on the same tune it was previously ran on. We would lose almost 4-5 psi per pull. Once we saw the blue smoke wasn't going away and we were losing boost, we called it a night and I left the car at "The Shop CT' for testing.

(Note: when we called it a night, the IDC's and fuel pump capability were extremely low. Not even closed to the upper percentages. The car seemed to want more but we were staying conservative.)

They've done a compression test so far and it came back pretty damn good. 130-140 psi in each cylinder, cylinder 2 being one of the higher psi cylinders, which kind of babbles me.

Today I should get back the results of the oil seeing if there is any metal shavings in it or not. Also they will be doing a leak down test and possibly a few other minor tests to see where the oil is coming from.

I have accepted the fact that a 600whp Subaru isn't something that is going to last or hold the power safely, but this motor has 1000k miles on it, maybe 100 miles of it being pushed even remotely hard. I'm at a stump right now, but we shall see what happens. Hopefully I get results back today and I'll try to keep you guys updated.

I posted this because I know you guys are interested, but I'm not really looking for advice right now. Feel free to post as you want, but don't expect me to respond to "Well you should of went here, should of went with this, etc".

I am extremely frustrated with this car right now and can't see myself having to spend the money again to rebuild this motor if something is wrong.

-Frank

Seems like the problem was there from the start...so hopefully the shop owns up to it to make it right...