2011 STi Sedan Build Thread (400+whp) - Page 31
Page 31 of 44 FirstFirst ... 212223242526272829303132333435363738394041 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on 2011 STi Sedan Build Thread (400+whp) within the Builds forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by anpato How much boost are you running, the stock recircs are good till about 20-21psi. And Idk ...

Quote Originally Posted by anpato View Post
    How much boost are you running, the stock recircs are good till about 20-21psi.
    And Idk what setup your running making 400whp with only 21psi of boost using a stock bpv.

Quote Originally Posted by Agron1979 View Post
    Congrats on finally getting the car back and good luck with everything in CT and don't forget to post new dyno results.....
    Thanks man!

I just got back from The Shop CT and Mikey did an awesome job on my "break-in" tune. The drivability is fantastic! Car seems to be extremely healthy also.

I do have one concern. The car is smokey a little bit of very light blue smoke. Yes, oil. But the oil level is fine, the car seems totally healthy. I'm thinking maybe oil is gunked up in the catback from the last motor that spun a bearing. Any input?
    2011 STi----------PTE6266--------Fully Built---------ETS--------E85

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I just got back from The Shop CT and Mikey did an awesome job on my "break-in" tune. The drivability is fantastic! Car seems to be extremely healthy also.

I do have one concern. The car is smoking a little bit of very light blue smoke. Yes, oil. But the oil level is fine, the car seems totally healthy. I'm thinking maybe oil is gunked up in the catback from the last motor that spun a bearing or the Crawford AOS is hooked up improperly. Any input?

Here's a couple quick shots of my setup from yesterday. THE SHOP CT

oh god... need to change pants...

That's my man...he definitely knows how to hook up a rex. Thing is sweet man!!!

Quote Originally Posted by i8buffalowings View Post
    oh god... need to change pants...
    Bahahhahahaha I'll take that as a compliment....

Quote Originally Posted by Agron1979 View Post
    That's my man...he definitely knows how to hook up a rex. Thing is sweet man!!!
    Thank you! It's still a work in progress.

Just went outside during sunset to take a few pics. I'm no pro at using my DLSR, nor am I a great editor, so don't judge.

This is one mean sti. Very clean. This is a weird question but whats the aos mount to on rotated setups? The pitch stop?
    2011 Wrx DGM TP Stage 3
    Stink-eye mob #3737

Looks good man. That is a HUGE intercooler!
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Quote Originally Posted by teddy37 View Post
    This is one mean sti. Very clean. This is a weird question but whats the aos mount to on rotated setups? The pitch stop?
    Dave at Rallispec made a custom bracket to make it mount to the pitch stop. It came out really good and I'm super happy with the mounting because it's the highest possible spot.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Looks good man. That is a HUGE intercooler!
    Thanks dude, and yeah it fills up the whole front end pretty well. lol Now hopefully it performs as well as it looks! I have a lot of faith in ETS!

I love your attention to the small things, such as coating the cold side of the Turbo and painting the alternator cover. Well done sir.

I Support ClubWRX
    Great work on this build man. Looks beautiful. Can't wait to hear what the numbers are after break in!

Quote Originally Posted by A265 View Post
    I love your attention to the small things, such as coating the cold side of the Turbo and painting the alternator cover. Well done sir.
    It's the little things that make a difference. lol Thanks man!

Quote Originally Posted by 11blackSTi View Post
    Great work on this build man. Looks beautiful. Can't wait to hear what the numbers are after break in!
    Thanks dude! So far the car made 400 on 17psi. We plan on going for 30-35psi on E85. As long as we have no limitations.

Anyone have nay issues with the front O2 sensor going bad (low voltage)? I get a code about every 50 or so miles saying: P0137 O2 Sensor Circuit Low Voltage (Bank 1 Sensor 2). Ever since the code popped the car is running pretty ****ty and it almost feels like the old tune is back on the car. I understand a bad O2 sensor will make the car run a bit off but my whole fueling and what not seems totally different and off.

Also, the blue smoke doesn't seem to be appearing anymore, so I'm guessing it was either gunked up oil from last motor in the mufflers, rings weren't fully set, or I'm just not seeing the smoke from where I'm sitting. From what I've read, PTE turbos have been known for the seals not working properly and letting oil pass into the exhaust side causing blue smoke. So I'll keep a good eye on it, worst case scenario, I'll contact ETS and PTE and go from there.

Anyone have nay issues with the front O2 sensor going bad (low voltage)? I get a code about every 50 or so miles saying: P0137 O2 Sensor Circuit Low Voltage (Bank 1 Sensor 2). Ever since the code popped the car is running pretty ****ty and it almost feels like the old tune is back on the car. I understand a bad O2 sensor will make the car run a bit off but my whole fueling and what not seems totally different and off.

Also, the blue smoke doesn't seem to be appearing anymore, so I'm guessing it was either gunked up oil from last motor in the mufflers, rings weren't fully set, or I'm just not seeing the smoke from where I'm sitting. From what I've read, PTE turbos have been known for the seals not working properly and letting oil pass into the exhaust side causing blue smoke. So I'll keep a good eye on it, worst case scenario, I'll contact ETS and PTE and go from there.