2011 STi Sedan Build Thread (400+whp) - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on 2011 STi Sedan Build Thread (400+whp) within the Builds forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Okay every, last night I was rather grumpy ahahhaa, got into a fight with someone and sort of took my ...

Okay every, last night I was rather grumpy ahahhaa, got into a fight with someone and sort of took my frustration out on you all. I apologize . I do appreciate all the criticism. But I am one who takes things personally, IDK WHY?!? lol So if your gunna try to help me, please be productive and not try to make me look like a fool. I am still fairly new to the "tuner world" and need to learn a lot more. After this giant chat I have done a lot of research on breaking and suspension! And believe me I am considering E85. Thing thats sucks is, NJ has like 4 E85 dealers in the whole state lol. Luckily I have 2 within 30-40 min of me. But still, do I wanna be gone for and hr and half just to get fuel. Eh, not really. So I'm thinking of keeping 55 gallon drums of it at my local shop or closer. But I'm def waiting til winter is over to run E85. Cuz if I'm going to run E85, I wanna beef up my fueling system! Bigger fp, fuel rails, fuel reg, maybe bigger injectors. Etc.
    2011 STi----------PTE6266--------Fully Built---------ETS--------E85

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    I actually like the interior lights like that...I wanna do that to my car, but my interior is so dirty and ****ty, it's pointless right now

Nice build and great pics. Where in NJ are you located?

For the record, a shaking head emoticon is simply a shaking head emoticon. Nowhere does it say "you're stupid!"
    Located in Central Jersey! And i took it as a shaking head= "omg what an idiot" just like if someone was to shake their head at you walking on the streets. But it's over now, so lets drop it

Lets get back to talking about my thread and not be "emotional"

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Januch09 View Post
    What are you talking about? Are u retarded with braking? STi Brembos? True, they needa be upgrade And suspension. What does suspension have to do with anything? So basically my car doesn't work properly if I don't do suspension and brakes! Wow! Well anyways I do plan on doing suspension just not yet! And the brakes do not need to be touched!

Do you drive your car? That has everything to do with suspension.. and no, your car will not work properly if you don't do suspension and brakes. When a car has a serious deficiency in either of those areas it becomes unsafe to drive, and the more power you have obviously the better handling and braking is required to stay safe on the road. There is a reason that race teams slowly increase the power output of the car over time while working out suspension issues, it's called safety. Just look at what Turn in Concepts and 3MI Racing are doing with their time attack STi right now. They could easily just tune in more power, but the car would be unsafe to drive and actually be slower around the track if they did so without addressing the handling decencies first.

Now if you just drag race your car and trailer it to the track, that's a different story. I don't recall if you ever said what the car was used for..

I think the Brembos with some better pads can be fine for street use, they will exceed the grip level of the tires. If you plan on racing, then you might want to think about upgrading them.

Quote Originally Posted by MainFrame View Post
    Do you drive your car? That has everything to do with suspension.. and no, your car will not work properly if you don't do suspension and brakes. When a car has a serious deficiency in either of those areas it becomes unsafe to drive, and the more power you have obviously the better handling and braking is required to stay safe on the road. There is a reason that race teams slowly increase the power output of the car over time while working out suspension issues, it's called safety. Just look at what Turn in Concepts and 3MI Racing are doing with their time attack STi right now. They could easily just tune in more power, but the car would be unsafe to drive and actually be slower around the track if they did so without addressing the handling decencies first.

Now if you just drag race your car and trailer it to the track, that's a different story. I don't recall if you ever said what the car was used for..

I think the Brembos with some better pads can be fine for street use, they will exceed the grip level of the tires. If you plan on racing, then you might want to think about upgrading them.
    I am using the car for drag racing. Never have autox'd it! But I do plan on it, just like I do plan on doing suspension and now braking since evey1 has told me it is 100% necessary!

If every1 would read my mod list first, they would see the future possibilities. And yes, I now know that it's not something that I should wait to do. It's something that needs to be done asap or else I'm not only not letting the car exceed to it's fullest potential, but making the car a bit unsafe for those power levels. Believe me, I have every intention on doing all those mods but I just spent a fortune on building this motor and wanna let my bank account recuperate before I empty it again

Future possibilities:

-KW/RaceComp/Tein Coilovers
    -Perrin/Eibach Sway Bars (25mm Front / 22mm Rear)
    -Kartboy End Links
    -Sweet Wheels 18x9.5+38
    -Big meaty tire
    -Rolled Fenders
    -ForceWorkz Skirt Extensions
    -Stainless steel brake lines
    -Appropriate brake fluid

I Support ClubWRX
    Future possibilities:

-Kartboy End Links
    -Sweet Wheels 18x9.5+38
    -Big meaty tire
    -Rolled Fenders
    -Appropriate brake fluid
    Solid list. As long as you're doing SS lines and brake fluid (I use ATE SuperBlue myself), you might as well throw in pads, since you'll have everything apart anyway. I would get a streetable pad that doesn't require a lot of warm-up, especially since you're in NJ, with relatively cold winters. I would recommend against jumping straight to a race pad.
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.3810-23

The pursuit of knowledge is hopeless and eternal... Hooray!!! - Professor Farnsworth

Quote Originally Posted by Rambo View Post
    Solid list. As long as you're doing SS lines and brake fluid (I use ATE SuperBlue myself), you might as well throw in pads, since you'll have everything apart anyway. I would get a streetable pad that doesn't require a lot of warm-up, especially since you're in NJ, with relatively cold winters. I would recommend against jumping straight to a race pad.
    Any recommendations on specific brand? And links to where I can find them for a good price? I agree, might as well do brake pads also!

I Support ClubWRX
    Any recommendations on specific brand? And links to where I can find them for a good price? I agree, might as well do brake pads also!
    Not really, I have Hawk HPS pads (a great steetable "sport" pad), for what it's worth, but there are better options out there. I also don't have an STI, so other members can chime in on that front. There are plenty of threads around here on the topic as well.
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.3810-23

The pursuit of knowledge is hopeless and eternal... Hooray!!! - Professor Farnsworth

Quote Originally Posted by Rambo View Post
    Not really, I have Hawk HPS pads (a great steetable "sport" pad), for what it's worth, but there are better options out there. I also don't have an STI, so other members can chime in on that front. There are plenty of threads around here on the topic as well.
    Yupp, I gotta do my research! I just did a lot of research on the stop tech street performance braking. i priced out a whole kit minus rotors for $250. Which is not bad at all and will make a huge difference! Thats ss lines, front & rear pads, and Stoptech STR660 Brake Fluid DOT 4 500ml. Anyone got any opinion on this setup I just stated?

Located in Central Jersey! And i took it as a shaking head= "omg what an idiot" just like if someone was to shake their head at you walking on the streets. But it's over now, so lets drop it

Lets get back to talking about my thread and not be "emotional"
    Gotcha...yeah I'm in NJ as well (down south)...I know this retarded state all too well!

You never answered my questions on the interior lights. What all did you go with to get that result? Looks good.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

Yupp, I gotta do my research! I just did a lot of research on the stop tech street performance braking. i priced out a whole kit minus rotors for $250. Which is not bad at all and will make a huge difference! Thats ss lines, front & rear pads, and Stoptech STR660 Brake Fluid DOT 4 500ml. Anyone got any opinion on this setup I just stated?
    That will be a great setup over the OEM pads. SS lines are awesome, and better fluid in them helps. I would consider a little bit better of a pad than just the Stoptechs though. Hawk HPS, Ferrodo 2500s, or EBC Greenstuffs would be better options with your power. You probably won't need new rotors for awhile (30k miles or so), so good move laying off.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter

If every1 would read my mod list first, they would see the future possibilities. And yes, I now know that it's not something that I should wait to do. It's something that needs to be done asap or else I'm not only not letting the car exceed to it's fullest potential, but making the car a bit unsafe for those power levels. Believe me, I have every intention on doing all those mods but I just spent a fortune on building this motor and wanna let my bank account recuperate before I empty it again

Future possibilities:

-Kartboy End Links
    -Sweet Wheels 18x9.5+38
    -Big meaty tire
    -Rolled Fenders
    -Appropriate brake fluid
    For Coilovers check out Feal, they make bad ass coilovers
    2012 DGM 5 DOOR WRX
    Mods: Stage 2+
    "I live my life a twelve year old at a time. For those ten seconds or less, I'm free."
    Official ClubWRX Creeper

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX

Re: 2011 STi Sedan Build Thread (400+whp)

Take your sales pitch and GTFO.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

Quote Originally Posted by maus View Post
    For Coilovers check out Feal, they make bad ass coilovers
    I just picked up a set. Not on the car yet, but highly recommend them based on everything I've read, as well as Feal's reputation for other suspension work. I'd get Tein off your list if you're DDing. RCE Tarmacs and KWs though are at the top of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    Take your sales pitch and GTFO.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    I just picked up a set. Not on the car yet, but highly recommend them based on everything I've read, as well as Feal's reputation for other suspension work. I'd get Tein off your list if you're DDing. RCE Tarmacs and KWs though are at the top of the game.

I've heard mixed feeling on almost every coils except KW's and Racecomp (heard nothing but good things of the 2). And as for the lights, Everything red you see is all LED's, whether its single 194 bulbs or 24" LED strips! I put new HID bulbs in, 6k and I also put in 6k for light LED's and 6k turn signals. Yeah I'm not gunna jump right into getting braking! I'm gunna do my research and ask people questions before I rush in and buy something that may not be necessary!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.