2011 STi Sedan Build Thread (400+whp) - Page 29
+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 50 FirstFirst ... 192021222324252627282930313233343536373839 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on 2011 STi Sedan Build Thread (400+whp) within the Builds forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; New fuel fittings and lines ordered. ETS shipped out a bracket that was missing for the up-pipe and tuner will ...

New fuel fittings and lines ordered. ETS shipped out a bracket that was missing for the up-pipe and tuner will be sending me a break-in tune! Seems like it's coming together.....

I'm going to lose my mind if it's not done by this week.
    2011 STi----------PTE6266--------Fully Built---------ETS--------E85

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Motor is in the car as well as turbo setup! Just need some more buttoning up and a break-in tune and I'll be putting some break-in miles on her!

Does anyone know what has to be done to make the walbro 465 fuel pump fit? It doesn't seem to fit and I'm not sure how to modify it. Any help would be nice.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Januch09 View Post
    Does anyone know what has to be done to make the walbro 465 fuel pump fit? It doesn't seem to fit and I'm not sure how to modify it. Any help would be nice.
    Supposedly, "it won't." Walbro 465 fitment - NASIOC

.....okay, so it will? - http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show...3&postcount=23
    * * PART-OUT IN PROGRESS. SEE FIRST POST. EMAIL REASONABLE OFFERS TO GREG.LOKEY@GMAIL * *

Greg

Build Thread
    ProTuned Stage 3ish '11 WRX Ltd HB (SWP) ~ 354 awhp 404 ft-lb tq on E85
    Friends don't let friends drive Mitsubishis.

Quote Originally Posted by lokey View Post
    Supposedly, "it won't." Walbro 465 fitment - NASIOC

.....okay, so it will? - NASIOC - View Single Post - Walbro 465 fitment
    Yeah, I read both of those too lol. So it will work if I leave the bottom part off? But is that okay to leave off?

I Support ClubWRX
    Yeah, I read both of those too lol. So it will work if I leave the bottom part off? But is that okay to leave off?
    I don't like the idea myself...
    * * PART-OUT IN PROGRESS. SEE FIRST POST. EMAIL REASONABLE OFFERS TO GREG.LOKEY@GMAIL * *

Greg

Build Thread
    ProTuned Stage 3ish '11 WRX Ltd HB (SWP) ~ 354 awhp 404 ft-lb tq on E85
    Friends don't let friends drive Mitsubishis.

Quote Originally Posted by lokey View Post
    I don't like the idea myself...
    I just got an email from Rallispec saying they got it, so I guess cool. I'll see how it made it work and share with everyone.

Okay so update:

Car was running Friday. No leaks, no problems. Break-in tune needs a little adjusting so I can safely break the car in on that tune. Also found out ETS doesn't provide a bung on the down-pipe for AFR. So we are drilling a hole in the down-pipe and adding a bung so we have AFR gauge working. Other then that, that car seems to be pretty good.

Hopefully the down-pipe gets finished tomorrow and the new tune put in and I'll go pick it up and start breaking in!

The fun part begins....

Welp, I got the car today. Everything is good except for a couple things.

1. Small oil leak coming from the valve cover at the bottom on the passenger side. Noticed some smoke coming from the header, stuck my hand down there and whatta ya know? It's a very tiny little leak dripping onto the header. I'm thinking the gasket got folder or ripped or didn't seal properly. The car will be going back to get that fixed ASAP!

2. The turbo oil line was rubbing against the hotside of the turbo, so I'm going to metal zip-tie it away form that and put a rubber grommet around it so it doesn't cut through anything.

3. The coolant line to the Crawford AOS is a little too long and is pretty close to the turbo, so I'm going to cut about an inch or two of it and get it away from the hot turbo.

4. The fuel pump wasn't hard wired, I guess he forgot to do that. So I'll be hardwiring it when I get a chance.

5. The electronic boost controller was replaced by the manual boost controller instead of running both which is what I wanted for "hybrid" setup. So I'll be adding the GrimmSpeed EBCS that I already have to the Grimmspeed MBCS to complete the hybrid setup. Not exactly sure how to do it, or how it works, but any input from you guys would be nice.

6. Lastly, the tune needs some adjustments. Will be meeting up with STi Mikey some time next week for him to give me a solid break-in tune rather then him try to guess what needs to be changed with out and data or having the car in front of him. I wanna make sure the car is broken in properly and safely.

Other then those few problems everything seems fine! Dave did an awesome job with the motor build and the fuel setup and everything else. It's pretty common for someone to forget a thing or two when your doing 100 things to a car at once. The new setup has roughly 150 miles on it and seems to be holding pretty strong. Grant it, it is only 100 mile but the drivability of the car is amazing compared to my previous builds. Overall I'm pretty satisfied as long as I can get all those things fixed in the next week. I want to tune the car in the same condition that I broke it in as. Hopefully the oil issue is fixed by next week as well as the few smaller things.

I'll keep everyone updated with what goes on. Any input on the "Boost Controlling Hybrid Setup" is welcome!

P.S. Pics soon to come!

I Support ClubWRX

Quote Originally Posted by 11blackSTi View Post
    Sweet! Thanks dude! Hopefully I can give it a shot today!

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    I want to give one cautionary warning... there is a downside to running Hybrid BCS. If plumbed properly, you will have a small vacuum leak at idle.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    I want to give one cautionary warning... there is a downside to running Hybrid BCS. If plumbed properly, you will have a small vacuum leak at idle.
    How so? Please explain. I'm not familiar with hybrid setup. I went with it because my tuner and builder recommended it and I heard a little better spool comes out of it.

Got my new Exhaust today! Invidia Q300 Ti-Tips.

Did your tips turn different color over time?

Quote Originally Posted by blee5192 View Post
    Did your tips turn different color over time?
    They got a bit darker from carbon build up but as soon as I polish them, they come right back.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.