Subaru WRX Forum banner

Januch09's 2011 STi Build (PTE6266)

155K views 853 replies 60 participants last post by  Januch09 
#1 · (Edited)
Januch09's 2011 STi Build (PTE6466)

Frank’s 2011 STi Limited (SWP Sedan) Build

Link to full build: Frank's 2011 STi Sedan Full Build

Hey guys just a little background. I have an 2011 STi sedan with roughly 20k miles on it. Currently on motor number 6. Not going to get into why I've been through that many motors or anything, so basically I'm starting fresh on this one.

Here's the specs:

Short Block:
Built by Prime Motoring in East Rutherford NJ
-New EJ257 Case Halves
-Darton Sleeves O-ringed
-OEM Nitraded Crankshaft
-Cosworth 99.5 / 8.2:1 CR Pistons
-Cosworth Oversized Headgasket
-Manley Turbo Tuff I-Beams w/ ARP Bolts
-King XPG Main and Rod Bearings
-Killer B Oil Pick-Up & Baffle
-11mm High Volume Oil Pump

Heads:
Built By Headgames
-Pocket Port
-O-Ringed
-Ferrea Exhaust and Intake Valves +1mm
-Ferrea Guides & Locks
-GSC Beehive Springs & Retainers
-GSC S2 (272) Camshafts
-Cosworth Head Gasket
-ARP CA625+ Headstuds
-Denso IKH24 Spark Plugs (2 steps colder)

Fueling:
-ID2000 Injectors
-DW65c Fuel Pump In Tank
-Radium Engineering Fuel Surge Tank w/ 2 walboro 485 submerged
-Vibrant -6an feed and return lines w/ vibrant fittings
-Aeromotive Fuel Regulator (red)
-Agency Power Fuel Rails (red)
-Aeromotoive inline fuel filter 6 Micron

Induction/Turbo/Cooling:
-ETS Rotated Turbo Kit
-Precision Gen2 6466 V-Band Turbo, hot side ceramic coated, compressor cover powder coated Perl White
-ETS Black Anodized FMIC 4’’ Core, 3’’ Black Piping (AIT bung and tial flange) (white powder coated clamps) (speed density)
-AEM AIT Sensor
-Tial QR BOV
-Grimmspeed Electronic Boost Controller
-Crawford FMIC Rotated AOS
-Koyo Radiator & Cap
-Samco Radiator Hoses (black)

Exhaust:
-Killer B Holy Header (ceramic coated)
-ETS Rotated Up-pipe w/ Tial 44mm EWG (red)
-ETS Catless Rotated Down-pipe
-Invidia Q300 Rolled Titanium Tips CBE (kartboy extra long exhaust hangers)

Drivetrain:
-Clutchmaster FX400 6-Puck Clutch
-Kartboy STS w/ all Bushings

Gauge Setup:
+SMY Clustermaker
-AEM Air/Fuel Ratio Wideband Gauge
-AEM Boost Gauge
+JCS 3 Gauge A-Pillar Pod
-AEM Oil Pressure Gauge
-AEM Fuel Pressure Gauge
-3rd hole closed for now but eventually ECR Gauge

Tuning:
Pro-Tuned by JR @ Prime Motoring
*Pump Gas- 450whp/420wtq
*E85- 575whp/540wtq

Wheels/Tires/Suspension/Brakes:
-Airlift V2 Performance Air Ride Kit w/ Dual Viaar 380c Compressors, single 5 gallon tank & water traps (tank paint matched)
-Whiteline Front and Rear 24mm Adjustable Sway Bars
-Kartboy Front and Rear Endlinks
-Whiteline Steering Rack Bushings
-Whiteline Rear Dif Positive Power Kit Bushings
-Whiteline Rear Positive Traction Kit
-SBC Rear Control Arms
-18x9.5+30 Enkei Kojins (Powder Coated Copper)
-Sumitomo HTZIII 265/35/18
-Muteki SR34 Neo-Chrome Closed End Lugnuts
-Hubcentric Rings 56.1 to 76
-Stoptech Drilled & Slotted F&R Rotors
-Hawk HPS Pads
-Stoptech SS Lines
-Grimmspeed master Cylinder Brace
-Motul SP600 Brake Fluid

My PTE6266 vs. my old Blouch Dom4.0XTR

See less See more
#3 ·
not running E85 yet. Maybe by next summer, I'll beef up the fueling a little more and run E85 as my daily ;). Thing that sucks about E85 for me is, there ar literally only like 4 E85 stations in NJ. Luckily I live 20 min from 2 of them. But still don't know if I wanna run it all the time.

#5 ·
idk I dont tune my own car lol. It's getting retuned by Jr in a couple days, so we'll see what happens. It made over 400whp on pump before I did the TGV deletes so well see what it actually makes soon.

#16 ·
That's a lot of engine mods without any braking or suspension mods to support them. You're WAY overdue for upgrades to both of those areas... :shakehead:

#18 ·
What are you talking about? Are u retarded with braking? STi Brembos? True, they needa be upgrade :confused: And suspension. What does suspension have to do with anything? So basically my car doesn't work properly if I don't do suspension and brakes! Wow! Well anyways I do plan on doing suspension just not yet! And the brakes do not need to be touched!

#21 ·
2011 STi Sedan Build Thread (400+whp)

This is a public forum man and I can't say for certain since I'm not Scott but he wasn't meaning anything of the "stupid" sorts. I see that you originally stated you wanted to upgrade and we aren't here to tell you what to do with your car, we can only suggest and say what is good and bad. It just sucks when us long time
Members of the forum see so many nice cars totaled because the easily upgradable power gets done before the stuff to back up that new power. Good luck on the car, it's off to a good start

#22 ·
This is a public forum man and I can't say for certain since I'm not Scott but he wasn't meaning anything of the "stupid" sorts. I see that you originally stated you wanted to upgrade and we aren't here to tell you what to do with your car, we can only suggest and say what is good and bad. It just sucks when us long time
Members of the forum see so many nice cars totaled because the easily upgradable power gets done before the stuff to back up that new power. Good luck on the car, it's off to a good start
I appreciate the constructive criticism from anyone. But it just aggravates the s*** out of me when people comment and say things in manners that they are trying to make the person look stupid. Which I know he clearly was no matter what you or he says! But listen, I'm not going back and forth with you and him like we are 12 years old! My point is if you can''t say something in a helpful matter don't say it at all! But otherwise, thanks for the information.

#24 ·
Did your tuner recommend the pistons? I'm just curious. As Mainframe said... you should really look to run e85 with that compression level. You'd also pick up a ton of power =D.

On the brakes note... I wouldn't be tracking your car with the brembos. They'll be toast with that much power behind them. I think the brembo's are fairly safe for daily driving... However, If you are using that 400+whp on the street and braking from some higher speeds than you should, I'd highly recommend some brake pads to take the heat. Those stock pads fade quickly and somewhat unpredictably.

Lines are great though - fairly cheap as well. Just gotta do a bleed along with them.

Nice build though!

#26 ·
I agree it is important. However. If you look at his thread posts better than 90% if them are implying someone is not modding their car in a manner that he approves of. He comes off a bit facetious and reminds me of uncle Scotty on nasioc. Just saying
It's not my car. As long as they aren't those stupid retrofitted & improperly aimed HIDs or tinted taillights (Stuff that is a direct safety concern to others), it's his build. Those were my thoughts of the build.

Getting feedback like that is required sometimes. It's pretty clear that the OP thought very highly of his brakes - maybe he doesn't realize they aren't anything great when you are pushing 400whp of 'go fast'. Last thing anybody wants him to learn first hand is brake fade.

I personally would rather have more negative feedback in my build thread. Points out stuff I didn't recognize.

#30 ·
I actually like the interior lights like that...I wanna do that to my car, but my interior is so dirty and ****ty, it's pointless right now :rotfl:

Nice build and great pics. Where in NJ are you located?

For the record, a shaking head emoticon is simply a shaking head emoticon. Nowhere does it say "you're stupid!" :)

#32 ·
Located in Central Jersey! And i took it as a shaking head= "omg what an idiot" just like if someone was to shake their head at you walking on the streets. :) But it's over now, so lets drop it :)

Lets get back to talking about my thread and not be "emotional" :wiggles:

#31 ·
Okay every, last night I was rather grumpy ahahhaa, got into a fight with someone and sort of took my frustration out on you all. I apologize :). I do appreciate all the criticism. But I am one who takes things personally, IDK WHY?!? lol So if your gunna try to help me, please be productive and not try to make me look like a fool. I am still fairly new to the "tuner world" and need to learn a lot more. After this giant chat I have done a lot of research on breaking and suspension! And believe me I am considering E85. Thing thats sucks is, NJ has like 4 E85 dealers in the whole state lol. Luckily I have 2 within 30-40 min of me. But still, do I wanna be gone for and hr and half just to get fuel. Eh, not really. So I'm thinking of keeping 55 gallon drums of it at my local shop or closer. But I'm def waiting til winter is over to run E85. Cuz if I'm going to run E85, I wanna beef up my fueling system! Bigger fp, fuel rails, fuel reg, maybe bigger injectors. Etc.

#35 ·
If every1 would read my mod list first, they would see the future possibilities. And yes, I now know that it's not something that I should wait to do. It's something that needs to be done asap or else I'm not only not letting the car exceed to it's fullest potential, but making the car a bit unsafe for those power levels. Believe me, I have every intention on doing all those mods but I just spent a fortune on building this motor and wanna let my bank account recuperate before I empty it again ;)

Future possibilities:

-KW/RaceComp/Tein Coilovers
-Perrin/Eibach Sway Bars (25mm Front / 22mm Rear)
-Kartboy End Links
-Sweet Wheels 18x9.5+38
-Big meaty tire ;)
-Rolled Fenders
-ForceWorkz Skirt Extensions
-Stainless steel brake lines
-Appropriate brake fluid

#36 ·
Future possibilities:

-KW/RaceComp/Tein Coilovers
-Perrin/Eibach Sway Bars (25mm Front / 22mm Rear)
-Kartboy End Links
-Sweet Wheels 18x9.5+38
-Big meaty tire ;)
-Rolled Fenders
-ForceWorkz Skirt Extensions
-Stainless steel brake lines
-Appropriate brake fluid
Solid list. As long as you're doing SS lines and brake fluid (I use ATE SuperBlue myself), you might as well throw in pads, since you'll have everything apart anyway. I would get a streetable pad that doesn't require a lot of warm-up, especially since you're in NJ, with relatively cold winters. I would recommend against jumping straight to a race pad.

#46 ·
There's really no reason to run coilovers on the street. Seriously, there isn't. If ride height is your goal there are other methods for that. Cheap coilovers ride like ****hole and dropping the car past one inch is actually detrimental to handling since it seriously pushes the geometry out of its sweet spot.

Coilover's main purposes are ease of changing springs for better rates and the ability to corner weight the car properly. They're not for ride height.. they're not for "stance" .. well, at least the good ones aren't.

#47 ·
It sounds like the OP intends to regularly track the car, Shawn. Also, the brands listed (KW, etc) are definitely the good stuff. Ordinarily, I'd completely agree with you on coilovers, but I think the OP is considering them for the right reasons (i.e. track setups, not stance).

#49 ·
I haven't heard tein in reference to "good" ever.. usually the bar is set right around the $1800+ range for "good" coilovers.

Problem I see routinely is that people buy coilovers because they're cheaper than a good set of struts and springs. Which for drag racing/street use will be absolutely fine. Hell the STI actually has decent dampening vs the wrx.. so where we wrx folks have to upgrade everything the OP can get away with just a set of good springs. Now if he wanted to get serious about road course stuff then yeah a $2k+ set of coilovers would be justified.. but for steet/drag.... nah man why spend that much cash?

Racecomp Engineering : Home Page : 410-846-5407

OP: Call and talk to Myles.. he'll set you straight. ;)

#50 ·
I do plan on autox the car! I wanted to get my power mods straight before I start road coursing it! (by power mods I mean hp) :) I rode in a buddies STi and he had KW V3's and that car drove 1000x better than mine did. Not just handling but even just when cruising the car was smoother and a more comfortable ride imo. Grant it, I was in the passenger seat so that may be why, but I know that car drove better than mine! And I want coils also so I can adjust ride height depending on season! Winter setup I want like stock location and stock wheels. Summer/fall setup, bring er down an inch or so and a nice meaty tire with some nice 18x9.5+38 wheels!

#52 ·
Re: 2011 STi Sedan Build Thread (400+whp)

Keep in mind... height adjustment effects toe in our cars fairly significantly. Plan on getting touch up alignments when you adjust the height.

#54 ·
Keep in mind... height adjustment effects toe in our cars fairly significantly. Plan on getting touch up alignments when you adjust the height.
What do you mean by toe? Sorry no very knowledgable when it comes to suspension! And I know that it's necessary to do an alignment when I change suspension, well coils at least.

#60 ·
I knew I saw the car before when I saw it at the shop. Hope its working out well for you.

#62 ·
Yup at Nightshft (or land of Evo's) I was there a few times this month using the Dyno. I recognized the sticker on the rear passengers window

#66 ·
Im in the Hillside but usually can be seen in morris county area

#68 ·
Awesome day at EVO vs STi day!!!! Finished 4th overall in my class and was the only Subie to make it past the 2nd round. Got be by a fast ass EVO in the Semi's. But overall still had a real fun day!! Had some boost problems with my car that I couldn't get sorted, so the car cut out every pass at the top of fourth gear. Best time was a 12.5@113mph. Hopefully with the car running good and some cool weather, I can get into the 11's!

Me getting spanked by the EVO and him sand baggin it for the next round! (click the link)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.