2011 STi Sedan Build Thread (400+whp) - Page 28
Page 28 of 38 FirstFirst ... 1819202122232425262728293031323334353637 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on 2011 STi Sedan Build Thread (400+whp) within the Builds forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; It's a good thing you got the upper radiator hose too... it wasn't long after my radiator install that my ...

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    It's a good thing you got the upper radiator hose too... it wasn't long after my radiator install that my fan took out the stock upper radiator hose
    2015 CWP WRX STi on order ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax' Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    The REAL 'WTF Tuning?!' Progenitor
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero | Blobeye Synd. #Tree-Fiddy
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    It's a good thing you got the upper radiator hose too... it wasn't long after my radiator install that my fan took out the stock upper radiator hose
    Well the samco comes as a combo. You get both hoses in the package. So I figured, why not. Now only if the inside was red instead of blue. Thank god ya can't really see that.
    2011 STi----------PTE6266--------Fully Built---------ETS--------E85

Talked to Rallispec today, Manley Turbo Tuff I-Beams and ARP CA625+ Headstuds arrived this morning.

Dave got started right away with building the block. ETA is about 3 days or so. hopefully the car is running by this weekend.

Talked to Rallispec today, Manley Turbo Tuff I-Beams and ARP CA625+ Headstuds arrived this morning.

Dave got started right away with building the block. ETA is about 3 days or so. hopefully the car is running by this weekend.

Good luck with the build....still waiting for my parts, some should arrive on Thursday. I can't wait so excited!

Quote Originally Posted by Agron1979 View Post
    Good luck with the build....still waiting for my parts, some should arrive on Thursday. I can't wait so excited!
    Thanks dude, no doubt!

Quote Originally Posted by Agron1979 View Post
    Thanks dude, no doubt!

Quick question, do you have an eyebrow with your tint on your sti? if you do how did you get around the frit problem by the rear view mirror. (frit = those black dots that are on the window towards the top to act as a sun deterrent such as tint would)

Quote Originally Posted by McBill View Post
    Quick question, do you have an eyebrow with your tint on your sti? if you do how did you get around the frit problem by the rear view mirror. (frit = those black dots that are on the window towards the top to act as a sun deterrent such as tint would)
    That black tint is factory on the sti. It's not actually film tint, it's in the glass itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Januch09 View Post
    That black tint is factory on the sti. It's not actually film tint, it's in the glass itself.
    I see, wish that was the case on the REX's. oh well, looks like ill be waiting until my windshield breaks and I get one without Frit =]

I see, wish that was the case on the REX's. oh well, looks like ill be waiting until my windshield breaks and I get one without Frit =]
    If you find a good tint place, they can do it. There may be a few bubbles but won't be noticeable form the outside, a little noticeable on the inside. Just got to find the right shop..good luck with it man.

Quote Originally Posted by Januch09 View Post
    If you find a good tint place, they can do it. There may be a few bubbles but won't be noticeable form the outside, a little noticeable on the inside. Just got to find the right shop..good luck with it man.
    Thanks man, I may just hold off for now. I've seen it done on cars with this frit stuff and it looks like crap. As much as I would want it, It's just not worth it to me to chance it looking bad.

Thanks man, I may just hold off for now. I've seen it done on cars with this frit stuff and it looks like crap. As much as I would want it, It's just not worth it to me to chance it looking bad.
    Yeah I don't blame ya man.

Had to order a few more fittings and lines for hooking all the fuel system together. I thought everything was a kit, little did I know....

New fuel fittings and lines ordered. ETS shipped out a bracket that was missing for the up-pipe and tuner will be sending me a break-in tune! Seems like it's coming together.....

I'm going to lose my mind if it's not done by this week.