2011 STi Sedan Build Thread (400+whp) - Page 27
Page 27 of 45 FirstFirst ... 171819202122232425262728293031323334353637 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on 2011 STi Sedan Build Thread (400+whp) within the Builds forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Ok I'm pissed Mr. Januch. I'm on the mega bus going to chicago and I just flipped through 26 pages ...

Ok I'm pissed Mr. Januch. I'm on the mega bus going to chicago and I just flipped through 26 pages of your mods thread on this slow ass wifi looking for some picks of your audio set up, mainly subs, only to find nothing. My neck hurts now! I'm jk'ing, but I'm an audio guy and was curious about ur set up in the trunk.

I know it's not polite to ask but after going through all the stuff u did to this sti, you've got to wonder how much? Like how much was all the parts and labor on the set up while running just 93, before u swapped out all the parts for the new e85 rig.

And yes, ur car is sweet. If I lived closer to u, I would love to see it.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Look into RT Tuning up in Bensalem. Not too far away and have a great rep going right now.
    I already have my shops set, but thanks for the recommendation.

Quote Originally Posted by Agron1979 View Post
    Hey where do you get your work done for your car? I live in South Jersey, but can't find any good high performance installers around here. Just curious, how much have you spent and how many horses are you pushing? Do you have any quarter mile times or estimates?
    Motor is being built at Rallispec in West Berlin, NJ. Tune at EFI logics in Connecticut.

Spent way too much and looking to hit 600+ on this build.

Best time I ran on my last setup was a 12.0 @117.

Looking to hit 10's.

Quote Originally Posted by Amg14 View Post
    Ok I'm pissed Mr. Januch. I'm on the mega bus going to chicago and I just flipped through 26 pages of your mods thread on this slow ass wifi looking for some picks of your audio set up, mainly subs, only to find nothing. My neck hurts now! I'm jk'ing, but I'm an audio guy and was curious about ur set up in the trunk.

I know it's not polite to ask but after going through all the stuff u did to this sti, you've got to wonder how much? Like how much was all the parts and labor on the set up while running just 93, before u swapped out all the parts for the new e85 rig.

And yes, ur car is sweet. If I lived closer to u, I would love to see it.
    Yes, my audio setup is one of a kind. I'll do some audio write-ups soon and post here.

Sorry the cost is confidential. Just know too much was spent and I persuade people to not try and make a subaru fast, it's not cost efficient lol.
    2011 STi----------PTE6266--------Fully Built---------ETS--------E85

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Januch09 View Post

Just know too much was spent and I persuade people to not try and make a subaru fast, it's not cost efficient lol.
    Well...I suppose this depends on what the definition of "fast" is. If you have a clear definition of "fast" from the start and know that I want XXX HP and X times, as opposed to the ever increasing need for more, then you just need to go all out from the on set. Won't be cheap, but neither will anything else. Going piece by piece and slowly building isn't the way to go if you are serious about making a "fast" car (IMO).

Hey man thanks for the info...12 sec quarter is exactly where I want to be at....can you please give me a list of all the parts I would need and how much I will need to spend? if it's not that much trouble, thanks....you're ride is sickening sweet BTW.
    I already have my shops set, but thanks for the recommendation.

Motor is being built at Rallispec in West Berlin, NJ. Tune at EFI logics in Connecticut.

Best time I ran on my last setup was a 12.0 @117.

Looking to hit 10's.

Yes, my audio setup is one of a kind. I'll do some audio write-ups soon and post here.

Sorry the cost is confidential. Just know too much was spent and I persuade people to not try and make a subaru fast, it's not cost efficient lol.

Quote Originally Posted by 11blackSTi View Post
    Well...I suppose this depends on what the definition of "fast" is. If you have a clear definition of "fast" from the start and know that I want XXX HP and X times, as opposed to the ever increasing need for more, then you just need to go all out from the on set. Won't be cheap, but neither will anything else. Going piece by piece and slowly building isn't the way to go if you are serious about making a "fast" car (IMO).
    Yeah, unfortunately, nothing is ever enough for me and I'm always wanting bigger and faster and better. My point was that it's too hard to make a 4cyl turbo make 600+hp without expensive things breaking. Yes, it's been done, but tons and tons of money have been dumped into it and things will always break. Wasn't bashing on subaru in general (I love subaru, I won one lol), that goes for almost any 4cyl turbo (evo, honda, mazda, etc.).

Don't get me wrong, you can make these cars plenty "fast" and "trackable" but that just wasn't enough for me. I had to go more and more, and now I'm paying for it... In the end, I think I'll be pretty satisfied with this build and the power level. We'll see!!

Hey man thanks for the info...12 sec quarter is exactly where I want to be at....can you please give me a list of all the parts I would need and how much I will need to spend? if it's not that much trouble, thanks....you're ride is sickening sweet BTW.
    Shoot me a pm and I'll give you my opinion.

Took a few shots today of the new setup.

Aermotive Fuel Reg

Walboro 465LPH Fuel Pump

ID2000's Injectors

Omni Power 4BAR Map Sensor

Grimmspeed MBCS

AP EL Header Ceramic Coated

Picked up the turbo housing today from powder coat. Powder coated perl white with a top coat to make it look more like subaru perl white. It's not a perfect match, but it should look sick under the hood!

I Support ClubWRX
    Those are some sexy looking parts.

So Jealous! I did a lot of research and that's, IMO, the best exhuast out there for the Subi...
    Got my new Exhaust today! Invidia Q300 Ti-Tips.

Can someone give me some tissues, I'm really drooling a lot at the moment...lol...SO SWEET!!!
    Looks awesome man!

Those are some sexy looking parts.
    Why thank you

So Jealous! I did a lot of research and that's, IMO, the best exhuast out there for the Subi...
    Yes IMO, it is too!

Can someone give me some tissues, I'm really drooling a lot at the moment...lol...SO SWEET!!!
    ahhahaha thanks dude!

So I went from trying to use some of the old parts and getting some new (rods, block, head studs, etc.) to buying all new everything. The Turbo-Tuff I beams that were in the car were scorched up a lot more then I though so I went ahead and just got the brand new Turbo Tuff I-Beams from Manley.

So now, everything in this motor is 100% new now. No excuses this time.

Still got these goodies for sale!

Blouch Dom 4.0XTR $1600

ID1000's $450

Spearco TMIC $850

Couple other parts too.

F/S Thread Here FS: (For Sale) 2011 STi Part-Out!!! - NASIOC

Well took a ride to Rallispec today to drop off all the parts. They now have everything except the Manley Turbo Tuff I-Beams which will be shipped out tomorrow (should be there by Monday). Once they have everything Dave is going to get started on the reassembly right away and hopefully aiming for late next week/weekend for the car to be ready for break-in miles.

On the other hand, I got to see all the damage from the last blow-up.....

Here's some pics

Doesn't look soo bad...

Let's get a little closer look..

yeah it's destroyed

Other then the bad, here's a few shots of the new setup.

New block with Darton Sleeves

Freshly Done Heads

New Cosworth Pistons

New K1 Billet Crank

Agency Power Fuel Rail Kit (not really happy with the products)

Koyo Rad, Samco Rad Hoses and Koyo Rad Cap