2011 STi Sedan Build Thread (400+whp) - Page 2
Page 2 of 47 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 692

This is a discussion on 2011 STi Sedan Build Thread (400+whp) within the Builds forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; That's a lot of engine mods without any braking or suspension mods to support them. You're WAY overdue for upgrades ...

  1. #16
    Registered User teflon_jones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    8000' up in Colorado
    Posts
    6,753
    That's a lot of engine mods without any braking or suspension mods to support them. You're WAY overdue for upgrades to both of those areas...
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #17
    Registered User wrx50's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    372

    2011 STi Sedan Build Thread (400+whp)

    I vote Teflon jones off the island

  4. #18
    Registered User Januch09's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    782
    Quote Originally Posted by teflon_jones View Post
    That's a lot of engine mods without any braking or suspension mods to support them. You're WAY overdue for upgrades to both of those areas...
    What are you talking about? Are u retarded with braking? STi Brembos? True, they needa be upgrade And suspension. What does suspension have to do with anything? So basically my car doesn't work properly if I don't do suspension and brakes! Wow! Well anyways I do plan on doing suspension just not yet! And the brakes do not need to be touched!
    2011 STi----------PTE6266--------Fully Built---------ETS--------E85

  5. #19
    Moderator T0rque's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Medford, Oregon
    Posts
    25,518
    I Support ClubWRX

    2011 STi Sedan Build Thread (400+whp)

    Quote Originally Posted by Januch09 View Post
    What are you talking about? Are u retarded with braking? STi Brembos? True, they needa be upgrade And suspension. What does suspension have to do with anything? So basically my car doesn't work properly if I don't do suspension and brakes! Wow! Well anyways I do plan on doing suspension just not yet! And the brakes do not need to be touched!
    You need to check your tone, that is not how we speak to members of our forum. If you wish to speak to people in such a manner I suggest you click the sign off button. I stand behind his statement as it being true. A well rounded car is not flat out horsepower it stops and turns as good as it goes. Your car sir must go great but do some research prior to thinking those brembos are great. In fact in 2008 Subaru stopped using German made brembos. They are still brembo brand but they are not as good as they are hyped up to be. At your power levels it is recommended to have some stainless steel brake lines and a good set of pads with some quality brake fluid. Also after 2008 Subaru took a look at wanting to get more of a buyers market then they previously had so the spring rates, struts and away bars along with other chassis rigidity has gone away for more creature comfort and less harsh feel.

    Again he was simply suggesting and you personally lashed out at him which is against the rules of the forum. Please take a moment to read the rules and forum guidelines.

    Let this be a warning to everyone posting in here. Play nice


    Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

  6. #20
    Registered User Januch09's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    782
    Quote Originally Posted by T0rque View Post
    You need to check your tone, that is not how we speak to members of our forum. If you wish to speak to people in such a manner I suggest you click the sign off button. I stand behind his statement as it being true. A well rounded car is not flat out horsepower it stops and turns as good as it goes. Your car sir must go great but do some research prior to thinking those brembos are great. In fact in 2008 Subaru stopped using German made brembos. They are still brembo brand but they are not as good as they are hyped up to be. At your power levels it is recommended to have some stainless steel brake lines and a good set of pads with some quality brake fluid. Also after 2008 Subaru took a look at wanting to get more of a buyers market then they previously had so the spring rates, struts and away bars along with other chassis rigidity has gone away for more creature comfort and less harsh feel.

    Again he was simply suggesting and you personally lashed out at him which is against the rules of the forum. Please take a moment to read the rules and forum guidelines.

    Let this be a warning to everyone posting in here. Play nice
    Simply by him adding the shaking head face made his comment mean that he was implying I was stupid! So I think its fair that if he tries to make me look dumb that I try and back myself up. And my stock brembos have been doing me just fine And like I said, I am planning on doing suspension, just waiting to finish my power mods! My point is, if he would have left out the shaking head symbol and simply just said "you should think about doing suspension and brake mods" rather than make it seem like he is the ultimate subie person where evey1 else's car is crap compared to his! Thats all I was trying to point out! I don't understand why ppl can't just leave nice comments that actually help people rather than aggravate them!
    2011 STi----------PTE6266--------Fully Built---------ETS--------E85

  7. #21
    Moderator T0rque's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Medford, Oregon
    Posts
    25,518
    I Support ClubWRX

    2011 STi Sedan Build Thread (400+whp)

    This is a public forum man and I can't say for certain since I'm not Scott but he wasn't meaning anything of the "stupid" sorts. I see that you originally stated you wanted to upgrade and we aren't here to tell you what to do with your car, we can only suggest and say what is good and bad. It just sucks when us long time
    Members of the forum see so many nice cars totaled because the easily upgradable power gets done before the stuff to back up that new power. Good luck on the car, it's off to a good start


    Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

  8. #22
    Registered User Januch09's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    782
    Quote Originally Posted by T0rque View Post
    This is a public forum man and I can't say for certain since I'm not Scott but he wasn't meaning anything of the "stupid" sorts. I see that you originally stated you wanted to upgrade and we aren't here to tell you what to do with your car, we can only suggest and say what is good and bad. It just sucks when us long time
    Members of the forum see so many nice cars totaled because the easily upgradable power gets done before the stuff to back up that new power. Good luck on the car, it's off to a good start
    I appreciate the constructive criticism from anyone. But it just aggravates the s*** out of me when people comment and say things in manners that they are trying to make the person look stupid. Which I know he clearly was no matter what you or he says! But listen, I'm not going back and forth with you and him like we are 12 years old! My point is if you can''t say something in a helpful matter don't say it at all! But otherwise, thanks for the information.
    2011 STi----------PTE6266--------Fully Built---------ETS--------E85

  9. #23
    Registered User lytlec's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Central PA
    Posts
    4,302

    2011 STi Sedan Build Thread (400+whp)

    Brakes and suspension are very important. My tuner actually told me if I decide to go bigger turbo he would want to make sure I get bigger brakes first.
    <-------- Taylor Swift.
    2006 WRX 330whp. 300wtq. Slow.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #137
    First Mods...what to do.
    Subaru Guide

  10. #24
    Registered User Heide264's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    4,170
    I Support ClubWRX
    Did your tuner recommend the pistons? I'm just curious. As Mainframe said... you should really look to run e85 with that compression level. You'd also pick up a ton of power =D.

    On the brakes note... I wouldn't be tracking your car with the brembos. They'll be toast with that much power behind them. I think the brembo's are fairly safe for daily driving... However, If you are using that 400+whp on the street and braking from some higher speeds than you should, I'd highly recommend some brake pads to take the heat. Those stock pads fade quickly and somewhat unpredictably.

    Lines are great though - fairly cheap as well. Just gotta do a bleed along with them.

    Nice build though!
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    He was throwing balloons filled with sulfuric acid and shrapnel at the swat team. They finally had to take him down with rubber bullets.
    2011 STi Build Log
    -Part 1 - Reading, Data Logging, and Analyzing Data
    -Part 2 - Turbocharger 101 & Basic Boost Control
    -Part 3 - EcuFlash, Experimental Defintions, and a Drive By Wire Intro

  11. #25
    Registered User wrx50's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    372

    2011 STi Sedan Build Thread (400+whp)

    I agree it is important. However. If you look at his thread posts better than 90% if them are implying someone is not modding their car in a manner that he approves of. He comes off a bit facetious and reminds me of uncle Scotty on nasioc. Just saying

  12. #26
    Registered User Heide264's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    4,170
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by wrx50 View Post
    I agree it is important. However. If you look at his thread posts better than 90% if them are implying someone is not modding their car in a manner that he approves of. He comes off a bit facetious and reminds me of uncle Scotty on nasioc. Just saying
    It's not my car. As long as they aren't those stupid retrofitted & improperly aimed HIDs or tinted taillights (Stuff that is a direct safety concern to others), it's his build. Those were my thoughts of the build.

    Getting feedback like that is required sometimes. It's pretty clear that the OP thought very highly of his brakes - maybe he doesn't realize they aren't anything great when you are pushing 400whp of 'go fast'. Last thing anybody wants him to learn first hand is brake fade.

    I personally would rather have more negative feedback in my build thread. Points out stuff I didn't recognize.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    He was throwing balloons filled with sulfuric acid and shrapnel at the swat team. They finally had to take him down with rubber bullets.
    2011 STi Build Log
    -Part 1 - Reading, Data Logging, and Analyzing Data
    -Part 2 - Turbocharger 101 & Basic Boost Control
    -Part 3 - EcuFlash, Experimental Defintions, and a Drive By Wire Intro

  13. #27
    Moderator T0rque's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Medford, Oregon
    Posts
    25,518
    I Support ClubWRX

    2011 STi Sedan Build Thread (400+whp)

    Quote Originally Posted by wrx50 View Post
    I agree it is important. However. If you look at his thread posts better than 90% if them are implying someone is not modding their car in a manner that he approves of. He comes off a bit facetious and reminds me of uncle Scotty on nasioc. Just saying
    That's his opinion and he is entitled to it. He has been talked to just as you all have. No more personal attacks. This is a build thread, keep on topic please


    Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

  14. #28
    and the Funky Bunch Calvinball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Philly Area
    Posts
    5,975
    Quote Originally Posted by wrx50 View Post
    He comes off a bit facetious
    You think he's funny??

    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

  15. #29
    Registered User wrx50's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    372

    2011 STi Sedan Build Thread (400+whp)

    Haha. Yeah maybe a little Calvin 😉

    That's what I get for replying while sleeping lol

  16. #30
    Pro Manscaper Mikie13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Palmyra, NJ
    Posts
    20,831
    I actually like the interior lights like that...I wanna do that to my car, but my interior is so dirty and ****ty, it's pointless right now

    Nice build and great pics. Where in NJ are you located?

    For the record, a shaking head emoticon is simply a shaking head emoticon. Nowhere does it say "you're stupid!"
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •