2011 STi Sedan Build Thread (400+whp) - Page 12
Page 12 of 43 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on 2011 STi Sedan Build Thread (400+whp) within the Builds forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Just as a reference: With crappy launches (2.1 60ft times), I ran 13.1 last night. Sent from my Android using ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Just as a reference: With crappy launches (2.1 60ft times), I ran 13.1 last night.

Sent from my Android using Forum Runner
    * * PART-OUT IN PROGRESS. SEE FIRST POST. EMAIL REASONABLE OFFERS TO GREG.LOKEY@GMAIL * *

Greg

Build Thread
    ProTuned Stage 3ish '11 WRX Ltd HB (SWP) ~ 354 awhp 404 ft-lb tq on E85
    Friends don't let friends drive Mitsubishis.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by lokey View Post
    Just as a reference: With crappy launches (2.1 60ft times), I ran 13.1 last night.

Sent from my Android using Forum Runner
    Yeah I know but you can't compare our cars. Two totally different setups and you got a 5 speed.
    2011 STi----------PTE6266--------Fully Built---------ETS--------E85

Just finished up with the coils. Very happy with the wheel gap gone and how the car drives and sits! Yes, very stiff and I feel all the little bumps, but damn, the car handles a thousand times better! Time for an alignment, winter tires, roof rack and some 15mm spacers for the winter setup. Hopefully early next spring the new wheels, tires, and skirts combo will be on the car! But in the mean time, still gotta sort out all the motor and mechanical problems YOLO!

I didn't have the patience to read all 12 pages but I noticed you didn't have any suspension or braking mods listed yet along with the power mods. So what have you done with those two areas?
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

2011 STi Sedan Build Thread (400+whp)

Quote Originally Posted by teflon_jones View Post
    I didn't have the patience to read all 12 pages but I noticed you didn't have any suspension or braking mods listed yet along with the power mods. So what have you done with those two areas?
    Are you serious? Literally in the post before yours he states that he is done with coils.

2011 STi Sedan Build Thread (400+whp)

And he has brembos stock so I think he's good

Hahahah thank you for informing him, but lets not return these threads into arguments hahaha. Uhm yeah, yesterday I did BC BR coilovers but tbh the ride is way too stiff for me so who knows how long thats goign to be staying. Will be doing sways, end links in the future, and going to be doing a brake upgrade kit, when I feel it's totally necessary. My stock Brembos, with warrantied pads, have been doing me just fine lately. But I do plan on doing vented & slotted rotors with ss lines and some better pads with some good brake fluid.

Okay well here's the coilovers! Just some quick iPhone shots! Deff need spacers and winter tires!!! I'm thinking 15mm spacers will do me just fine and rolling the fenders. Anyone know of any good spacers? Either post a link or PM me please.

Quote Originally Posted by wrx50 View Post
    Are you serious? Literally in the post before yours he states that he is done with coils.
    Take a chill pill... That doesn't tell me any more than he put on coilovers.
    Quote Originally Posted by wrx50 View Post
    And he has brembos stock so I think he's good
    With the upgraded HP you think they're fine no changes needed? Um ok...

Quote Originally Posted by Januch09 View Post
    Hahahah thank you for informing him, but lets not return these threads into arguments hahaha. Uhm yeah, yesterday I did BC BR coilovers but tbh the ride is way too stiff for me so who knows how long thats goign to be staying. Will be doing sways, end links in the future, and going to be doing a brake upgrade kit, when I feel it's totally necessary. My stock Brembos, with warrantied pads, have been doing me just fine lately. But I do plan on doing vented & slotted rotors with ss lines and some better pads with some good brake fluid.
    Thanks for the response. Sounds like a good plan. I wouldn't bother with a brake upgrade unless you're going to do some serious track time. I also wouldn't bother with the stainless lines. I've done a good bit of track time in my STI with only upgraded fluid (ATE Superblue) and the brakes do great on the track with only some spotty issues with fade, but 99% of the time they work awesome. They do have some serious issues with lifespan so after the warranty period I'd highly recommend changing to something aftermarket that lasts more than 15k miles like some DBA rotors and Ferodo pads.

The suspension is amazing from the factory and vastly improved over previous STI. The only thing I've wanted to change is the sways to dial out some understeer and make it more neutral at least and in my case I'd prefer some oversteer instead. I've had some guys that race Porsche GT3 in my car on the track and they've been amazed how good the suspension is from the factory.
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

I Support ClubWRX

Re: 2011 STi Sedan Build Thread (400+whp)

Just a note and also a disclaimer I didn't read the whole thread... I really liked my stainless lines, especially considering the price. It's like shifter bushings in the sense that you notice the nice change every place you go. Just kills that pedal 'bounce' you get.

I'd only do a bbk if you are planning to track the car a lot. A bbk will pay for itself quickly over the brembos when you start going through pads frequently. The bembo sized pads are extremely expensive compared to larger and more commonly used sizes found in bbks.
    You'll mainly want a set of good pads for track use.. I like my ferodo ds2500s but I take them off the day I get home from the track due to the squeal I get. Good fluid and a fresh bleed I'd consider a safety precaution.

Also, keep in mind your brake wear & tear will be defined by your tires. The stickier and wider your tires contact path... The harder the brakes can work without locking up the tires or kicking in the abs. Loosely translated... I wouldn't dare run wider tires or slicks on my brembos at the track. They were already leaking fluid and streaming with my stock bbs wheels and re11s.

Outside or track use... Get comfortable quiet pads that modulate nicely and I like the lines. I personally can't stand brake squeal. Pads that don't dust are a nice perk, too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    He was throwing balloons filled with sulfuric acid and shrapnel at the swat team. They finally had to take him down with rubber bullets.
    2011 STi Build Log
    -Part 1 - Reading, Data Logging, and Analyzing Data
    -Part 2 - Turbocharger 101 & Basic Boost Control
    -Part 3 - EcuFlash, Experimental Defintions, and a Drive By Wire Intro

Re: 2011 STi Sedan Build Thread (400+whp)

Your running pump gas ? No meth hell I have the same mods a little more actually and I'm only making404

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by teflon_jones View Post
    Take a chill pill... That doesn't tell me any more than he put on coilovers.

With the upgraded HP you think they're fine no changes needed? Um ok...

Thanks for the response. Sounds like a good plan. I wouldn't bother with a brake upgrade unless you're going to do some serious track time. I also wouldn't bother with the stainless lines. I've done a good bit of track time in my STI with only upgraded fluid (ATE Superblue) and the brakes do great on the track with only some spotty issues with fade, but 99% of the time they work awesome. They do have some serious issues with lifespan so after the warranty period I'd highly recommend changing to something aftermarket that lasts more than 15k miles like some DBA rotors and Ferodo pads.

The suspension is amazing from the factory and vastly improved over previous STI. The only thing I've wanted to change is the sways to dial out some understeer and make it more neutral at least and in my case I'd prefer some oversteer instead. I've had some guys that race Porsche GT3 in my car on the track and they've been amazed how good the suspension is from the factory.
    Let's not fight lol!

And I think that I'm just going to wind up doing better brakes and ss lines and better fluid to start. My stock rotors are fine. As far as stock pads go, eh theyr alright but I deff want to upgrade them!

For me, stock suspension just isn't good enough. Now that I did coils, I'm going to buy end links and f/r sways to finish it up.

Still got a lot of other plans for the car though!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Heide264 View Post
    Just a note and also a disclaimer I didn't read the whole thread... I really liked my stainless lines, especially considering the price. It's like shifter bushings in the sense that you notice the nice change every place you go. Just kills that pedal 'bounce' you get.

I'd only do a bbk if you are planning to track the car a lot. A bbk will pay for itself quickly over the brembos when you start going through pads frequently. The bembo sized pads are extremely expensive compared to larger and more commonly used sizes found in bbks.
    You'll mainly want a set of good pads for track use.. I like my ferodo ds2500s but I take them off the day I get home from the track due to the squeal I get. Good fluid and a fresh bleed I'd consider a safety precaution.

Also, keep in mind your brake wear & tear will be defined by your tires. The stickier and wider your tires contact path... The harder the brakes can work without locking up the tires or kicking in the abs. Loosely translated... I wouldn't dare run wider tires or slicks on my brembos at the track. They were already leaking fluid and streaming with my stock bbs wheels and re11s.

Outside or track use... Get comfortable quiet pads that modulate nicely and I like the lines. I personally can't stand brake squeal. Pads that don't dust are a nice perk, too.
    I agree with most of that! Except I want to invest in a brake pad thats going to be great on the street and still be aggressive for the track! All these things will be done fairly soon

Quote Originally Posted by devyn339 View Post
    Your running pump gas ? No meth hell I have the same mods a little more actually and I'm only making404

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2
    Yupp pump 93!
    What more mods can you have lol?!?! Cams & Oil Pick-up? That's really the only thing I didn't do.

Anyone else who has a built motor and a similar setup than mine have severe carbon build up? My shop keeps telling me this is normal to have severe carbon build up and to eat oil frequently! What are your takes on that? I understand a built motor is going to produce carbon more and eat a little oil, but damn, this much carbon for just a 2-3 minute startup? And it's eating oil like crazy but no leaks or anything dripping on the ground.