Subaru WRX Forum banner

Januch09's 2011 STi Build (PTE6266)

155K views 853 replies 60 participants last post by  Januch09 
#1 · (Edited)
Januch09's 2011 STi Build (PTE6466)

Frank’s 2011 STi Limited (SWP Sedan) Build

Link to full build: Frank's 2011 STi Sedan Full Build

Hey guys just a little background. I have an 2011 STi sedan with roughly 20k miles on it. Currently on motor number 6. Not going to get into why I've been through that many motors or anything, so basically I'm starting fresh on this one.

Here's the specs:

Short Block:
Built by Prime Motoring in East Rutherford NJ
-New EJ257 Case Halves
-Darton Sleeves O-ringed
-OEM Nitraded Crankshaft
-Cosworth 99.5 / 8.2:1 CR Pistons
-Cosworth Oversized Headgasket
-Manley Turbo Tuff I-Beams w/ ARP Bolts
-King XPG Main and Rod Bearings
-Killer B Oil Pick-Up & Baffle
-11mm High Volume Oil Pump

Heads:
Built By Headgames
-Pocket Port
-O-Ringed
-Ferrea Exhaust and Intake Valves +1mm
-Ferrea Guides & Locks
-GSC Beehive Springs & Retainers
-GSC S2 (272) Camshafts
-Cosworth Head Gasket
-ARP CA625+ Headstuds
-Denso IKH24 Spark Plugs (2 steps colder)

Fueling:
-ID2000 Injectors
-DW65c Fuel Pump In Tank
-Radium Engineering Fuel Surge Tank w/ 2 walboro 485 submerged
-Vibrant -6an feed and return lines w/ vibrant fittings
-Aeromotive Fuel Regulator (red)
-Agency Power Fuel Rails (red)
-Aeromotoive inline fuel filter 6 Micron

Induction/Turbo/Cooling:
-ETS Rotated Turbo Kit
-Precision Gen2 6466 V-Band Turbo, hot side ceramic coated, compressor cover powder coated Perl White
-ETS Black Anodized FMIC 4’’ Core, 3’’ Black Piping (AIT bung and tial flange) (white powder coated clamps) (speed density)
-AEM AIT Sensor
-Tial QR BOV
-Grimmspeed Electronic Boost Controller
-Crawford FMIC Rotated AOS
-Koyo Radiator & Cap
-Samco Radiator Hoses (black)

Exhaust:
-Killer B Holy Header (ceramic coated)
-ETS Rotated Up-pipe w/ Tial 44mm EWG (red)
-ETS Catless Rotated Down-pipe
-Invidia Q300 Rolled Titanium Tips CBE (kartboy extra long exhaust hangers)

Drivetrain:
-Clutchmaster FX400 6-Puck Clutch
-Kartboy STS w/ all Bushings

Gauge Setup:
+SMY Clustermaker
-AEM Air/Fuel Ratio Wideband Gauge
-AEM Boost Gauge
+JCS 3 Gauge A-Pillar Pod
-AEM Oil Pressure Gauge
-AEM Fuel Pressure Gauge
-3rd hole closed for now but eventually ECR Gauge

Tuning:
Pro-Tuned by JR @ Prime Motoring
*Pump Gas- 450whp/420wtq
*E85- 575whp/540wtq

Wheels/Tires/Suspension/Brakes:
-Airlift V2 Performance Air Ride Kit w/ Dual Viaar 380c Compressors, single 5 gallon tank & water traps (tank paint matched)
-Whiteline Front and Rear 24mm Adjustable Sway Bars
-Kartboy Front and Rear Endlinks
-Whiteline Steering Rack Bushings
-Whiteline Rear Dif Positive Power Kit Bushings
-Whiteline Rear Positive Traction Kit
-SBC Rear Control Arms
-18x9.5+30 Enkei Kojins (Powder Coated Copper)
-Sumitomo HTZIII 265/35/18
-Muteki SR34 Neo-Chrome Closed End Lugnuts
-Hubcentric Rings 56.1 to 76
-Stoptech Drilled & Slotted F&R Rotors
-Hawk HPS Pads
-Stoptech SS Lines
-Grimmspeed master Cylinder Brace
-Motul SP600 Brake Fluid

My PTE6266 vs. my old Blouch Dom4.0XTR

See less See more
#521 ·
Just got an email from Grant at PTE. The turbo was shipped out today!

Here's what the issue was:

"Oil feed pin was removed by someone and o-ring was changed to green air-conditioning style"

Not exactly sure who removed that but obviously this was an issue.

PTE covered everything and replaced the wrong O-ring and pin and also paid for shipping which is much appreciated. It did take a long time for them to respond to me, but once they finally responded, it was checked over and fixed within a day and shipped out within a few hours after.

Also, Manley Turbo Tuff Rods w/ ARP CA625+ Bolts were ordered and should be shipped to Rallispec early next week! Turbo should be here early next week also. Heads should be at Rallispec early next week too.

Once the turbo comes in, I'll take a trip to Rallispec and give him my turbo. i also have to drain my gas tank of the E85 and bring 5 gallons of pump gas so that we can start the car up on the break-in tune. Mikey doesn't want to break the car in on E85 which is understandable.

#522 ·
Just got an email from Grant at PTE. The turbo was shipped out today!

Here's what the issue was:

"Oil feed pin was removed by someone and o-ring was changed to green air-conditioning style"

Not exactly sure who removed that but obviously this was an issue.

PTE covered everything and replaced the wrong O-ring and pin and also paid for shipping which is much appreciated. It did take a long time for them to respond to me, but once they finally responded, it was checked over and fixed within a day and shipped out within a few hours after.

Also, Manley Turbo Tuff Rods w/ ARP CA625+ Bolts were ordered and should be shipped to Rallispec early next week! Turbo should be here early next week also. Heads should be at Rallispec early next week too.

Once the turbo comes in, I'll take a trip to Rallispec and give him my turbo. i also have to drain my gas tank of the E85 and bring 5 gallons of pump gas so that we can start the car up on the break-in tune. Mikey doesn't want to break the car in on E85 which is understandable.

#528 ·
Really?!? Hmmm, it seems like on all the forums I've posted this question in, everyone is saying red top is the way to go. Weird because the red top is the cheaper battery. W.e. works for me! Thanks man

#531 ·
Turbo came in the mail today! Checked it over and everything looks perfect! Other then the long waiting process with PTE, they really did an awesome job as far as warranty goes. They didn't have to warranty my issue but they went ahead and did anyways knowing my situation. Big thanks to them.

Manley Turbo Tuff I-Beams w/ ARP CA625+ Bolts were received by Rallispec today and I also want to thank Manley Performance very much for hooking me up with an awesome deal on a new set of rods!

I'll be taking a trip to head games tomorrow morning to pick up my basically brand new heads. New guides, buckets, cams, springs, mill, etc. Big thanks to them also for hooking me up with discounts and warranty!

Other then that, I'll be taking a trip to Rallispec tomorrow to drop off the Turbo, heads and front bumper as well as some pump gas and a few gas cans for them to empty my tank of E85.

I'll be utilizing the same break-in pump gas tune as before from Mikey to break the car in.

Hopefully Rallispec can get my motor back together quickly and I can start the process of break-in yet again. 1000miles/oil change/tune.

#533 ·
Maybe they should look over that break in tune before using the same one...

#537 ·
Just bored and wanted bs.

Nothing special going on. I made my new break in tune with JR. I had to send the injectors out to ID to get them bench flow tested and cleaned. Heads are done. Turbo is done. Motor should be getting started early next week, hopefully. Other then that, just waiting on assembly and what not.

As soon as I get it back up and running, I'll give an update.

#538 ·
Just bored and wanted bs.

Nothing special going on. I made my new break in tune with JR. I had to send the injectors out to ID to get them bench flow tested and cleaned. Heads are done. Turbo is done. Motor should be getting started early next week, hopefully. Other then that, just waiting on assembly and what not.

As soon as I get it back up and running, I'll give an update.

#540 ·
Just got confirmation from Andrew @ T1 Race Development/Injector Dynamics that my injectors are done and being shipped back tomorrow.

Good thing I sent them in because they were a bit gunked up from sitting with E85 in them. Should be back at Rallispec mid next week. Now hopefully Rallispec can get my car back together and running! I'm ready to have it back now!

Here's the flow bench test results. Ready to rock!

#541 ·
Harness bar came in today from Cipher Auto! Looks great and very strong and sturdy. Hopefully installation goes well and fitment is nice. Contemplating powder coating it white to match the other white interior pieces. I think that'll look real good! Seats should be here next week along with brackets and NRG harnesses and harness pads.

As for the car, hopefully next week. This is taking way longer then I expected.

Here's a few pics of the harness bar.

#542 ·
Harness bar came in today from Cipher Auto! Looks great and very strong and sturdy. Hopefully installation goes well and fitment is nice. Contemplating powder coating it white to match the other white interior pieces. I think that'll look real good! Seats should be here next week along with brackets and NRG harnesses and harness pads.

As for the car, hopefully next week. This is taking way longer then I expected.

Here's a few pics of the harness bar.

#543 ·
More goodies came in today!

Cipher Auto Leather, black material and red stitching seats with adjustable rails and reclinable backs.

NRG 5 Point 3" Red Harnesses with cam locks

NRG 3" Black Harness Pads

Overall, I'm very happy with how the seats came out and they are actually a lot better quality then I thought. i would definitely recommend them especially for the fact that they are a fraction of the price of a typical name brand seat (Recaro, Bride, Status, etc.)

I've came to the conclusion that I'm going to powder coat the harness bar sep to match the exterior and other interior parts. Should look real good with the black, red and white theme.

Also, considering sending my seats out to a friend who is very good with sewing and making custom fit materials like that. I want to do all genuine leather with genuine alcantara inserts and a red STi emblem embroidered into the head rest.

Okay, I'll shut up, here's some pictures.

#544 ·
More goodies came in today!

Cipher Auto Leather, black material and red stitching seats with adjustable rails and reclinable backs.

NRG 5 Point 3" Red Harnesses with cam locks

NRG 3" Black Harness Pads

Overall, I'm very happy with how the seats came out and they are actually a lot better quality then I thought. i would definitely recommend them especially for the fact that they are a fraction of the price of a typical name brand seat (Recaro, Bride, Status, etc.)

I've came to the conclusion that I'm going to powder coat the harness bar sep to match the exterior and other interior parts. Should look real good with the black, red and white theme.

Also, considering sending my seats out to a friend who is very good with sewing and making custom fit materials like that. I want to do all genuine leather with genuine alcantara inserts and a red STi emblem embroidered into the head rest.

Okay, I'll shut up, here's some pictures.

#545 ·
Got word today that my car is running and sounds/looks great. One issue they ran into was a problem with the AC belt. Not exactly sure what went wrong, but they ordered a new one from Subaru and will have it tomorrow. So it looks like I'll be picking it up tomorrow and trailering it home. Hopefully JR is around so I can trailer my car to Prime Motoring to make any adjustments to my break-in tune so that it's perfect.

I'll have updates more frequently for you guys. I got a real good feeling about this one…………..

#546 ·
Got word today that my car is running and sounds/looks great. One issue they ran into was a problem with the AC belt. Not exactly sure what went wrong, but they ordered a new one from Subaru and will have it tomorrow. So it looks like I'll be picking it up tomorrow and trailering it home. Hopefully JR is around so I can trailer my car to Prime Motoring to make any adjustments to my break-in tune so that it's perfect.

I'll have updates more frequently for you guys. I got a real good feeling about this one…………..

#547 ·
Welp, looks like we're already starting with this ****. Cars not done.

We decided that Dave was going to do my break-in tune that way he knows the car left his shop safe and running perfect. The tune was suppose to be done yesterday and I've called several times, no answer, left voicemails, no answer, emails, no answer. Been calling for two days now and still nothing.

Talk about getting your hopes up….

#548 ·
Welp, looks like we're already starting with this ****. Cars not done.

We decided that Dave was going to do my break-in tune that way he knows the car left his shop safe and running perfect. The tune was suppose to be done yesterday and I've called several times, no answer, left voicemails, no answer, emails, no answer. Been calling for two days now and still nothing.

Talk about getting your hopes up….

#551 ·
And more problems…

According to Rallispec, the car has a small oil leak coming from the junction between the front upper cam cap (passenger side) and the corresponding head surface. There could be a defect in the cam cap or head or their mating surfaces. Could be a small hairline crack in the head, could be from the grinding of the cam cap, could be that the two mating surfaces are not 100% flat.

Now with that said, does anyone have any experience with such an issue? What exactly would the fix be? They tried silicone and that didn't work properly. So new heads? Can a machine shop fix it?

Any info would help.

Thanks guys

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.