2011 STi Sedan Build Thread (400+whp) - Page 11
+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 50 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on 2011 STi Sedan Build Thread (400+whp) within the Builds forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by Mikie13 Sorry to hear that...What shop were you working with? Honestly, high 11s should be near attainable ...

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Sorry to hear that...What shop were you working with?

Honestly, high 11s should be near attainable if you're over 400whp...and you can make a powerful car reliable in the sense that if you don't beat on it ALL the time, that it should last you a bit...
    With the power I made, I should be running mid 11's all day long but I'm not even close. And I don't mean to brag, but I can drive! lol My shifts are legit perfect and I'm not making mistakes. But I think it's my stupid clutch thats holding me back. it's a great clutch, i just think theirs somethign terribly wrong with it. At 400whp i should be trapping roughly 118mph. Im barely getting 112.
    2011 STi----------PTE6266--------Fully Built---------ETS--------E85

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Yeah the more I think about it...if you already have over 400whp...you should already be into the 11s or damn near within a hundredth of a second.

For granted it's speculation racing, and different cars and so on, but my previous 07 STI was capable of 12.3-12.4 with a Stage 2 protune. I ran a 12.7 with Cobb OTS Stage 2...

You have any slips you could post? I assume you're running at Englishtown...which is a bit of tough track for AWD cars cause the box is actually quite sticky. Launches are rough there cause you don't get any wheel spin before a good hookup and launch.
    I made 5 passes with the car and I ran a 12.5 @112 (4 times) and a 12.7 @11. So clearly I'm consistent but the power if just not being put to the ground.

Gimme a few minutes, I'll post my slips and my in car go pro vids.
    Last edited by Januch09; 10-18-2012 at 03:44 PM.

Post the slips
    2012 DGM 5 DOOR WRX
    Mods: Stage 2+
    "I live my life a twelve year old at a time. For those ten seconds or less, I'm free."
    Official ClubWRX Creeper

Yeah I'm interested in seeing your vid...I'm no professional driver at all, but I know how to launch these cars pretty well and run a good drag race

What clutch do you have? Get out on a straight away and throw it in 5th gear while only going 25mph or so and mash the pedal to the floor (WOT). Obviously it won't take off cause you're not in optimal gear. But if the speed/rpms gain steadily, your clutch is fine. If it jumps or jerks at all, it's slipping.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

Yeah I'm interested in seeing your vid...I'm no professional driver at all, but I know how to launch these cars pretty well and run a good drag race

What clutch do you have? Get out on a straight away and throw it in 5th gear while only going 25mph or so and mash the pedal to the floor (WOT). Obviously it won't take off cause you're not in optimal gear. But if the speed/rpms gain steadily, your clutch is fine. If it jumps or jerks at all, it's slipping.
    Nah I know theirs something messed up with the clutch. It's slipping really bad on launch and it's rated for 600wtq. ACT heavy Duty Street Clutch. And you can see in the video when I shift into 3rd and 4th the rpms go up but the car don't move, then it engages and goes like 800 rpms latur. Posting my slips now! Videos after class!

Last edited by Januch09; 10-19-2012 at 08:15 AM.

Definitely interested in the video to see if we can hear where the clutch would be slipping. You should be hitting consistent 1.6 60ft times or better.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter

I Support ClubWRX
    Great numbers nonetheless. The ACT HD street for the STi is rated to 515tq. If you're close to that number ann drag racing, it's understandable if it's slipping.

...also, you may want to consider the ACT prolite flywheel. I've heard nothing but good things about this pairing.
    Last edited by lokey; 10-19-2012 at 08:58 AM.
    * * PART-OUT IN PROGRESS. SEE FIRST POST. EMAIL REASONABLE OFFERS TO GREG.LOKEY@GMAIL * *

Greg

Build Thread
    ProTuned Stage 3ish '11 WRX Ltd HB (SWP) ~ 354 awhp 404 ft-lb tq on E85
    Friends don't let friends drive Mitsubishis.

http://s1099.photobucket.com/albums/...Run2127111.mp4

^12.7 @111mph-watch the rpms when I shift from 3rd into 4th (they jump up but the car don't go anywhere and u hear it like bog down)

http://s1099.photobucket.com/albums/...Run1125112.mp4

^12.5 @112mph

Yeah, I read the specs for the clutch wrong, but still the clutch is slipping even on a launch on the street. I'm only at 390 wtq, so it should be holding.
    Last edited by Januch09; 10-19-2012 at 11:31 AM.

Okay both videos and time slips posted! Watch and listen carefully and let me know what you think!

That launch didn't seem that bad actually. It does sound like you are getting some clutch slipping though which would definitely kill your times.

That launch didn't seem that bad actually. It does sound like you are getting some clutch slipping though which would definitely kill your times.
    No it was slipping real bad on the first launch. the second one i basically dumped to make sure it didnt slip and only got a 2.0

Guess the only way to figure this out is to get a new clutch...what is the stock clutch rated to? I've never had any slippage with that, but I never had more than 310whp/330wtq on my car.

Guess the only way to figure this out is to get a new clutch...what is the stock clutch rated to? I've never had any slippage with that, but I never had more than 310whp/330wtq on my car.
    I'm not running a stock clutch! That's why I'm soo aggravated. This is a brand new clutch rated for 515wtq

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Januch09 View Post
    it's rated for 600wtq. ACT heavy Duty Street Clutch.

Whomever told you that lied. That clutch is rated at 515ftlb of torque... at the crank.
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

Quote Originally Posted by Sinister View Post
    Whomever told you that lied. That clutch is rated at 515ftlb of torque... at the crank.
    I know I read the wrong clutch on rally sport, i know what it's rated for though and I'm still not near that. It should hold!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.