2011 STi Sedan Build Thread (400+whp) - Page 10
+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on 2011 STi Sedan Build Thread (400+whp) within the Builds forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by Januch09 Nice man! I added u on iwsti! Where did u go to school? My bad man, ...

Quote Originally Posted by Januch09 View Post
    Nice man! I added u on iwsti! Where did u go to school?
    My bad man, never saw the question. I went to William Paterson up in Wayne.

Finally got me some coilovers. Yes I went with BC BR's but don't judge on them. I'm going to be doing something pretty cool with them
    Interested in seeing what you're going to do haha. Like I've said, they aren't horrible...just that there's much better out there. Hope you like them...install should be easy.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

8k front springs and 10k rear??

are you effin mad? you may as well just weld in a solid steel strut and ride around that way. All sarcasm aside.. dude 8k front is 435lb/in.. 10k is 559lb/in

First I'd ask why so stiff in the rear and second.. are you sure you want to go that stiff all the way around? Factory rate on the STI is right around 220lb/in f/r (3.9k).. RCE's yellows are considered to be stiff by most folks and they are 330lb/in f/r (5.8K)

if you're going to spend $1400 anyway why not go with a good strut/spring?
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    My name is Shawn, I'm a Devout Practicalist and I'm addicted to flat4's
    This page has had 1,666 visits
    SUCH IS MANGO!

Quote Originally Posted by mangostick View Post
    8k front springs and 10k rear??

are you effin mad? you may as well just weld in a solid steel strut and ride around that way. All sarcasm aside.. dude 8k front is 435lb/in.. 10k is 559lb/in

First I'd ask why so stiff in the rear and second.. are you sure you want to go that stiff all the way around? Factory rate on the STI is right around 220lb/in f/r (3.9k).. RCE's yellows are considered to be stiff by most folks and they are 330lb/in f/r (5.8K)

if you're going to spend $1400 anyway why not go with a good strut/spring?
    They are 8k 8k. And I plan on doing something with them. Don't plan on running them like that very long.
    2011 STi----------PTE6266--------Fully Built---------ETS--------E85

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    My bad man, never saw the question. I went to William Paterson up in Wayne.

Interested in seeing what you're going to do haha. Like I've said, they aren't horrible...just that there's much better out there. Hope you like them...install should be easy.
    Install should be really easy. And I drove in a few friends wit them and they aren't that bad. I'll deal with them for a little.

Welp, I've never thought I'd say this and I talked alot of ppl out of doing this, but the car is for sale. If anyone is truly interested let me know! Don't even think about offering me 30k cuz that's just retarded. Please pm me if you are seriously interested. Please also go back and read all that is done to the car and how much I put into it. Yes, grant it I know I'm gunna take a loss, but don't think I'm giving it away! If I can't get the right price, I'm obviously going to keep it. Shoot me some PM's!

wait, wut???

Is that the "something special" you were doing with your coilovers???

What gives?
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter

- Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

Idk maybe I'm just being rational and being a baby but this car just isn't doing what I want it to do!

Idk maybe I'm just being rational and being a baby but this car just isn't doing what I want it to do!
    Ok, so what exactly do you want it to do???

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Ok, so what exactly do you want it to do???
    This.
    2012 DGM 5 DOOR WRX
    Mods: Stage 2+
    "I live my life a twelve year old at a time. For those ten seconds or less, I'm free."
    Official ClubWRX Creeper

I Support ClubWRX
    if your looking for a 500hp STI I know one for sale
    2012 WRB 4DR | SPT Exhaust | Short Throw | Rally Armour | WC Lathe Werks Custom TI Knob | Kartboy Bushings | Stoptech Brake Lines | JBK Elements DRL | STI HID Retrofit | XB LED Angel Eyes | GrimmSpeed Lightweight Crank Pulley

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX

I want it to run mid/high 11's at the track an be reliable and idc how many people say thats not possible, cuz I know it is. I'm getting di**ed over by the shop I'm bringing my car too, but I already gave them soo much money, that it would be dumb for me to go somewhere new, but that's what I'll probably end up doing anyways bc I'm never gunna get an offer of what I would like for my car. And no the last thing I'm looking for is another headache with a Subaru.

I want it to run mid/high 11's at the track an be reliable and idc how many people say thats not possible, cuz I know it is. I'm getting di**ed over by the shop I'm bringing my car too, but I already gave them soo much money, that it would be dumb for me to go somewhere new, but that's what I'll probably end up doing anyways bc I'm never gunna get an offer of what I would like for my car. And no the last thing I'm looking for is another headache with a Subaru.
    Sorry to hear that...What shop were you working with?

Honestly, high 11s should be near attainable if you're over 400whp...and you can make a powerful car reliable in the sense that if you don't beat on it ALL the time, that it should last you a bit...

How are you not near the 11s? What are you running?
    2012 DGM 5 DOOR WRX
    Mods: Stage 2+
    "I live my life a twelve year old at a time. For those ten seconds or less, I'm free."
    Official ClubWRX Creeper

Yeah the more I think about it...if you already have over 400whp...you should already be into the 11s or damn near within a hundredth of a second.

For granted it's speculation racing, and different cars and so on, but my previous 07 STI was capable of 12.3-12.4 with a Stage 2 protune. I ran a 12.7 with Cobb OTS Stage 2...

You have any slips you could post? I assume you're running at Englishtown...which is a bit of tough track for AWD cars cause the box is actually quite sticky. Launches are rough there cause you don't get any wheel spin before a good hookup and launch.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.