2003 wrx build - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on 2003 wrx build within the Builds forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by dinggoo Why the 2012 sti motor instead of an earlier year more horsepower honestly and my motor ...

Quote Originally Posted by dinggoo View Post
    Why the 2012 sti motor instead of an earlier year
    more horsepower honestly and my motor has over 170k on it and its slowly working to its last leg. Also i would much rather have a 6 speed in the car especially having driven a 6 speed most of the time be4 i got the car. just feels like i need that extra gear sometimes to get more out of the motor. What do you guys suggest the best motor to use is the 2006 or 2007? i would rather an sti motor than anything.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    5th gear is such an overdrive that I can't imagine needing a 6th on top. The car never fills out 5th anyway.

Look into a hybrid build, it will utilize your existing heads and a 2.5L block.

I see no difference in the output potential of newer vs. older 2.5L motors.

I would hesitate to throw $10K at a car worth $10K if it's working right, and less if it's not.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    5th gear is such an overdrive that I can't imagine needing a 6th on top. The car never fills out 5th anyway.

Look into a hybrid build, it will utilize your existing heads and a 2.5L block.

I see no difference in the output potential of newer vs. older 2.5L motors.

I would hesitate to throw $10K at a car worth $10K if it's working right, and less if it's not.
    thats the main thing im thinking about do i dump the money into or wait buy a newer one when i have a big enough down payment and build that when i can? DEcisions decisions

I Support ClubWRX
    I'd do cost:benefit and see what the numbers say. I like new cars more than expensive used cars and I like money more than cars, period, so I'd see if I can get the car fixed and back on the road for as little money as possible; otherwise I'd look at cutting losses. I don't like losses.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by jordannn1233 View Post
    thats the main thing im thinking about do i dump the money into or wait buy a newer one when i have a big enough down payment and build that when i can? DEcisions decisions
    Perhaps I missed a thing or two, but if you have the $$ to spend on installing a BRAND NEW 2012 WRX STi motor into your car (which includes the ECU and harness), how do you not have the money for a down payment?

Furthermore, to SD's point, you do realize that the power output for the WRX STi has remained unchanged for approx. 8 years?
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    Perhaps I missed a thing or two, but if you have the $$ to spend on installing a BRAND NEW 2012 WRX STi motor into your car (which includes the ECU and harness), how do you not have the money for a down payment?

Furthermore, to SD's point, you do realize that the power output for the WRX STi has remained unchanged for approx. 8 years?
    well i said find a wrecked 2012

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by jordannn1233 View Post
    well i said find a wrecked 2012
    Even a wrecked 2012 WRX STi will run you ~$10K
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12