Subaru WRX Forum banner

Ermahgerd! Ruh Roh's burgeye burld threard

110K views 715 replies 48 participants last post by  michaelwfox 
#1 · (Edited)
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Here is my build thread, not every mod I have is listed in here but just ones i happen to take pictures of. She's a DD build, going for a mean looking bugeye that i turn back to look at every time i park, something that has a little rumble and can make me smile when i hit the gas. :)
for info on mods or where to get them or anything just comment or message me :)
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Purchased stock on December 20th with 71,500ish miles on her. Shes my daily driver but we still have fun spending quailty time driving and modding. Im looking for a fun to drive daily that i could use lightly in some auto x. Right now my setup is where i want it for my budget and it being a daily. Always want moar low and moar fast but dont have the money to spend.

So anyway lets start. Before the WRX i drove a 1995 jeep cherokee, 1993 240sx and had my 2004 gsxr 1000.

Always looking for cars i stumbled upon this wild bugeye sitting at a sketchy dealer. Test drove it, fell in love. Had 3 vehicles and not enough money for the car :/ told the guy id be back to buy it and i didnt want to trade my vehicles in for half of what i could sell them for. checked the wrx and had some mechanics look at it all good. so a week later i sold my jeep, 240sx and got a loan for the rest of the car. Great success! *Borat voice*

Factory options on my car were upgraded sound system, short shifter, sti scoop, rear cargo net, carbon fiber trim, dimming compass mirror, wheel locks, and factory mudflaps.

Got new inspection, emissions, 4 new tires from the dealer and was good to go.

I take alot of pics so had to narrow it down for the thread :/ but heres the stock ones

Some new KYB GR-2's with Epic Springs, Also got some Rota DPT's 17x8 +48i :) Nexen n3000 225's which are meh.

Shes been on a few sort of far road trips like to Maryland for OCMD AWD week meet, New York, NJ beaches and love the reliability.

Heres my friends silver bugeye and another at the AWD meet ion OCMD

I wanted a little more rumble but wanted to keep it classy so i went with an autospeed turboback exhaust

Wanted more fast so went stage 2 with parts from Kronos performance

Cobb Accessport- also came with Hella horns :), Grimspeed uppipe, and running the 93 octane stage 2 tune.

I went with an Accessport because i know that i will get a different turbo setup soon and will want a protune so that way i can resell the AP and get some money back towards a protune.

Changed the trans fluid and rear diff with some Extra-S 75w-90 at 83,888 miles.

I ordered brakes from KNS brakes, id order with them again-fast shipping/good packing. i ordered the H6 upgrade kit which is the larger rear caliper brackets and the larger rear rotors, centric premium rotors, stoptech street pads. Im happy with this setup for a daily driver.

3/3/13 sway bar setups installed.engine bay as of now.

teh garage

See less See more
#253 ·
well my saturday was a success and for one of the first times everthing went very smoothly, paint stuck, headlights didnt catch on fire in the oven..was a good day.

So for the headlights i heard a few different degrees and times like 250 degrees for 20 mins to open them up...i did 210 degrees for 10 mins and had not problem opening the lights.. so i repainted the black plastic inside from matte black to gloss black, cleaned off the haze and condensation on thhe inside of teh lenses, panted the driving light bulb cover amber using the stained window glass spray that i used for my fog lights, i was going to take the big orange bulb cover out and put in just a smaller orange bulb but when ya take the bulb cover out it leaves some indent marks and holes for where the cover clips in and i didnt like that so i left it in. also painted the side markers again using VHT nightshade. repainted 3 more coats of yellow on the horns and i had some mix matched bolts on them so got some new bolts and changed them all to silver.. uh think thats all it. but went well for once and now the lights are how they want them (besides vinyl eyelids) until i eventually stumble upon cheap morrettes lol. which will be in a longgg time, need performance stuff first, but ill be getting a lip, eyelids and may attempt to mod the stock grill to debadge it because i like the stock honey comb pattern, not a fan of the JDM grill or many other, i like the stock debadged, the mesh wire stuff looks a little ricey to me and is a good bug catcher so overall i like stock so ill try to make that work.. end of rant lol. :)

#258 ·
Well last night I got a replacement axle since my boot ripped again,which was my fault, stock Tailights-because I'm too lazy to scrub off the VHT nightshade off the taillights, a new PNP turbo blanket, a new Bayson R Prodrive rep lip. Just ordered a grimmspeed 2x thick 3" exhaust gasket for my catback to downpipe or midpipe..I forget but it's leaking so I wanted to replace gasket and tighten up. Waiting on bayson r to get another lip in stock to order. Also ordered PSM paint from grimmspeed for the one lip.
Stock vs old

Turbo blanket

Front lip mockup

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#265 ·
Haha Pete. My boot ripped before when the strut expanded and hit the boot,tearing it. Did it again by accident and now need to replace it -__-

Zach yes eventually..I actually already had a Cobb one which was one of first mods but I never put it on. Just sold it. Wish I kept it now -__-

Haha will I know where that's going and may have used that line before...it works 40% of the time, everytime. And they're like my fave pair of shoes I wear em usually just working on stuff. Had em since grade 10 and I graduated in 09...so they're pretty old lol.

#268 ·
Haha Pete. My boot ripped before when the strut expanded and hit the boot,tearing it. Did it again by accident and now need to replace it -__-

You have no idea how many times this has almost happened to me. If any of them would have actually cut it, I would probably have replaced 5 axles by now...

#271 ·
it spikes like that radomly.. sometimes ill drive all day and the lowest itll get is -1.0 which is how it usually is, just spikes not constant. but some days its like that or -4.8..doesnt go in the positives though

#275 ·
Considering the pulled timing, I would either find a dyno tuner, or go open source. Or both. The cash from the AP sale would be nice.

#276 ·
do you think i could put my 750cc injectors, a 255 fuel pump and MBC/ EBCS on and get a tune on the stock td04 or should i just have it tuned on the setup it is now-turboback/intake..?

#277 ·
If you are getting a tune (and not doing it yourself), then yes, I'd highly recommend adding that stuff first. It will help to get your injectors dialed in before you change anything else.

Have you spoken to whoever you want to use as a tuner regarding the boost control options?

You should look into adding some cracked headers. I hear they add some nice boost control properties.

#278 ·
will probably get matty to tune it but just wondered if the fuel upgrades like injectors and pump would be too much for the td04 and a hallman rx MBX and GS EBCS

#279 ·
Nah, it won't be too much. You'll just be running the injectors at a lower duty cycle. The pump will just circulate the fuel faster through the system. The only concern (in my opinion) when installing a larger fuel pump would be whether or not you'll overload the stock fuel regulator... which I doubt is a concern in your case.

More of a concern is making sure you get your MAF dialed in right before adding your injectors, in my opinion. While you can adjust your MAF to correct some of the injector tuning, it isn't per say "correct"... but it'll work. Make sense?

#280 ·
would it be worth it to add the injectors/ pump now or would i probably be around the same power levels with just adding a hybrid boost control setup and getting it tuned?

#281 ·
Dude if you have those supporting mods...why not just find a VF34/39/43/48 for $300 and add that on????

#282 ·
because i want other mods first for that lol like EWG, sti TMIC, turbo inlet, samco hose kit, heat wrap my headers dp ewg... $$$$$$$ i was just saying for now i can add them and then get a tune, resell AP and have a better tune and profit. my intention was to run AP stage 2 until i got all the parts i want, install, tune, resell AP. but now that my car isnt too happy with the AP tune it may just get an opensource with light mods sooner than intended

#285 ·
Ruh Roh said:
would it be worth it to add the injectors/ pump now or would i probably be around the same power levels with just adding a hybrid boost control setup and getting it tuned?
I wouldn't bother. Just get the MBC and EBCS and let's get to tuning...

#287 ·
I agree. Get everything squared away as is first and then add the fueling changes. If you were getting a dyno tune or don't have access to a small change later, I would advise doing it all before hand.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.