Ermahgerd! Ruh Roh's burgeye burld threard - Page 8
Page 8 of 41 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on Ermahgerd! Ruh Roh's burgeye burld threard within the Builds forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; double post...

double post
    Last edited by Ruh Roh; 11-18-2013 at 06:43 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I love the inventiveness of your drying rack haha

lol thanks, it worked just fine

Well that looks better than rust!
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

thats exactly why i did it lol. still have the front to do. only had time to do the rear and still ended up putting it back together in the dark. couldnt get the two bolts off the front because didnt have pb blaster and wd40 didnt work, and my right hand is messed up so couldnt smack the wrech or use a hammer because the vibrations from it hurt, and my left hand has bout the strength and coordination of a baby giraffe learning to walk fml

Would you rather fight 1 horse sized duck or 100 duck sized horses?
    Last edited by maus; 10-17-2012 at 01:02 PM.
    2012 DGM 5 DOOR WRX
    Mods: Stage 2+
    "I live my life a twelve year old at a time. For those ten seconds or less, I'm free."
    Official ClubWRX Creeper

Need moar strength.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

soooo got my brakes in the mail from KNS brakes, id order with them again-fast shipping/good packing. i ordered the H6 upgrade kit which is the larger rear caliper brackets and the larger rear rotors, centric premium rotors, stoptech street pads.

install wasnt hard, getting the pinch welds and heat shield clean off in the rear to fit the larger rotors took alittle bit. wasnt too bad. in one of my last posts when i was painting my rotors i couldnt get the front two bolts on each side out of the caliper brackets...they reallyyy sucked breaking loose. the one side i got done with expandable ratchet and pb blaster, the other i had to beat with a hammer a good amount of times, pb blaster, then after that not working went to my dads fired up the torch had to heat it up and use an impact gun to get it off. the bolt was all messed up when it came out and looked like this. then had to use new bolts but they were 35mm long (i think) so cut them down.

the other side i did first and didnt cut the bolt because i had around a 1/4" of clearance between the end of bolt and rotor so hoping i was fine.

after putting it all back together took it for a drive down the street. brakes grinding and scraping, bad noises. idk why, maybe new stuff does that....car starts feeling shakey...forgot to tighten my wheels. each lug was hand tight fml. go torque em down to 80 then bed in the pads and the scraping noise is gone...until i make a sharp turn and it sounds like something is rubbing. idk what...the side of the rotor i can see is fine on all 4 rotors. no big scrapes or anything. hoping its not that bolt thats sticks out 1/4" near the rotor...if the wheel bearing moves around or something when turning...idk trying to think or reasons it would sound like grinding when turning....soooo after work investigation of suspicious noise will commence. will update though :/

gf wanted to put a wheel on. -__- made her hold the light the whole time lol

Last edited by Ruh Roh; 11-14-2012 at 07:05 AM.

Your GF dyed her hair. Fap.
    2012 DGM 5 DOOR WRX
    Mods: Stage 2+
    "I live my life a twelve year old at a time. For those ten seconds or less, I'm free."
    Official ClubWRX Creeper

I Support ClubWRX
    Mark look at this post:

Fox's 06 TR Thread :)

Might solve the scraping problem. It's pretty common on our cars.
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

Quote Originally Posted by michaelwfox View Post
    Mark look at this post:

Fox's 06 TR Thread :)

Might solve the scraping problem. It's pretty common on our cars.

thanks going to take a look now!

Have only checked the back right rotor so far and its definitly rubbing. Grindinf it down jow thrn test drive.

I Support ClubWRX
    Figured that would be it. Hopefully that fixes you up!
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

Need moar GF.

My GF can put on and take off wheels, as well as clothes. I also taught her how to change Brembo brake pads. She's also well versed in installing a STS. She likes cars

Haha mike my gf will learn and learn to drive 5 speed. My clutch and trans wont like it though.

But foxxy you are the man lol. Thats exaclty what it was. Both rear wheels were doing it. Cut em down with an angle grinder and all good now. Its nice to feel how a wrx should actually stop. Had my warped rotors and horrible brske pads since the day I got it lol. Took me around 20k to actually spend miney in parts I needed lol but its all good now, thanks again.