Subaru WRX Forum banner

Ermahgerd! Ruh Roh's burgeye burld threard

110K views 715 replies 48 participants last post by  michaelwfox 
#1 · (Edited)
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Here is my build thread, not every mod I have is listed in here but just ones i happen to take pictures of. She's a DD build, going for a mean looking bugeye that i turn back to look at every time i park, something that has a little rumble and can make me smile when i hit the gas. :)
for info on mods or where to get them or anything just comment or message me :)
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Purchased stock on December 20th with 71,500ish miles on her. Shes my daily driver but we still have fun spending quailty time driving and modding. Im looking for a fun to drive daily that i could use lightly in some auto x. Right now my setup is where i want it for my budget and it being a daily. Always want moar low and moar fast but dont have the money to spend.

So anyway lets start. Before the WRX i drove a 1995 jeep cherokee, 1993 240sx and had my 2004 gsxr 1000.

Always looking for cars i stumbled upon this wild bugeye sitting at a sketchy dealer. Test drove it, fell in love. Had 3 vehicles and not enough money for the car :/ told the guy id be back to buy it and i didnt want to trade my vehicles in for half of what i could sell them for. checked the wrx and had some mechanics look at it all good. so a week later i sold my jeep, 240sx and got a loan for the rest of the car. Great success! *Borat voice*

Factory options on my car were upgraded sound system, short shifter, sti scoop, rear cargo net, carbon fiber trim, dimming compass mirror, wheel locks, and factory mudflaps.

Got new inspection, emissions, 4 new tires from the dealer and was good to go.

I take alot of pics so had to narrow it down for the thread :/ but heres the stock ones

Some new KYB GR-2's with Epic Springs, Also got some Rota DPT's 17x8 +48i :) Nexen n3000 225's which are meh.

Shes been on a few sort of far road trips like to Maryland for OCMD AWD week meet, New York, NJ beaches and love the reliability.

Heres my friends silver bugeye and another at the AWD meet ion OCMD

I wanted a little more rumble but wanted to keep it classy so i went with an autospeed turboback exhaust

Wanted more fast so went stage 2 with parts from Kronos performance

Cobb Accessport- also came with Hella horns :), Grimspeed uppipe, and running the 93 octane stage 2 tune.

I went with an Accessport because i know that i will get a different turbo setup soon and will want a protune so that way i can resell the AP and get some money back towards a protune.

Changed the trans fluid and rear diff with some Extra-S 75w-90 at 83,888 miles.

I ordered brakes from KNS brakes, id order with them again-fast shipping/good packing. i ordered the H6 upgrade kit which is the larger rear caliper brackets and the larger rear rotors, centric premium rotors, stoptech street pads. Im happy with this setup for a daily driver.

3/3/13 sway bar setups installed.engine bay as of now.

teh garage

See less See more
#113 · (Edited)
soooo got my brakes in the mail from KNS brakes, id order with them again-fast shipping/good packing. i ordered the H6 upgrade kit which is the larger rear caliper brackets and the larger rear rotors, centric premium rotors, stoptech street pads.

install wasnt hard, getting the pinch welds and heat shield clean off in the rear to fit the larger rotors took alittle bit. wasnt too bad. in one of my last posts when i was painting my rotors i couldnt get the front two bolts on each side out of the caliper brackets...they reallyyy sucked breaking loose. the one side i got done with expandable ratchet and pb blaster, the other i had to beat with a hammer a good amount of times, pb blaster, then after that not working went to my dads fired up the torch had to heat it up and use an impact gun to get it off. the bolt was all messed up when it came out and looked like this. then had to use new bolts but they were 35mm long (i think) so cut them down.

the other side i did first and didnt cut the bolt because i had around a 1/4" of clearance between the end of bolt and rotor so hoping i was fine.

after putting it all back together took it for a drive down the street. brakes grinding and scraping, bad noises. idk why, maybe new stuff does that....car starts feeling shakey...forgot to tighten my wheels. each lug was hand tight fml. go torque em down to 80 then bed in the pads and the scraping noise is gone...until i make a sharp turn and it sounds like something is rubbing. idk what...the side of the rotor i can see is fine on all 4 rotors. no big scrapes or anything. hoping its not that bolt thats sticks out 1/4" near the rotor...if the wheel bearing moves around or something when turning...idk trying to think or reasons it would sound like grinding when turning....soooo after work investigation of suspicious noise will commence. will update though :/

gf wanted to put a wheel on. -__- made her hold the light the whole time lol

#119 ·
Need moar GF.

My GF can put on and take off wheels, as well as clothes. I also taught her how to change Brembo brake pads. She's also well versed in installing a STS. She likes cars :)

#120 ·
Haha mike my gf will learn and learn to drive 5 speed. My clutch and trans wont like it though.

But foxxy you are the man lol. Thats exaclty what it was. Both rear wheels were doing it. Cut em down with an angle grinder and all good now. Its nice to feel how a wrx should actually stop. Had my warped rotors and horrible brske pads since the day I got it lol. Took me around 20k to actually spend miney in parts I needed lol but its all good now, thanks again.

#122 ·
thats super creepy^^

but went through this thread and updated all pics that were erased by photobucket because relocation of photos to albums.

#125 ·
but went through this thread and updated all pics that were erased by photobucket because relocation of photos to albums.
Missed a few. Also forgot to add the frontals of girlfriend for fappage.

#131 ·
Well there's your hooker...all you need now is the blow. Based on her skinny 12 year old boyish body and wigged out eyes, I guarantee you she knows where that is too.

#138 ·
we need a group txt thing. some people have it but forget what its called. and not sure about sharing with u, everything seems to be immediately streamed to teh interwebz -__-

#139 ·
filled up summer and winter wheels with air. *stupid people at pep boys that i paid to switch my tires only put 25lbs in each tire instead of the required 44 max psi so had to drive a few miles on near flat tires* cleaned the inside of the rims, two were caked with grease from the CV boot slinging grease. :/ and since my wheels were off i bled my brakes :wiggles:

heres the winter wheels . Legacy snowflakes with almost new all seasons. with new brakes and these wheels on its like a whole new car lol

#145 ·
filled up summer and winter wheels with air. *stupid people at pep boys that i paid to switch my tires only put 25lbs in each tire instead of the required 44 max psi so had to drive a few miles on near flat tires*
Please tell me you're joking and you don't fill up your tires to max psi all the time as your required standard psi..... :eek3:

You are familiar with the sticker on the driver's door jam with specs on it right?

#141 ·
Looks good! I gotta clean my wheels sometime as well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.