Ermahgerd! Ruh Roh's burgeye burld threard - Page 4
Page 4 of 41 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on Ermahgerd! Ruh Roh's burgeye burld threard within the Builds forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; haha nice, yea thatll save alot of money, just get the recipts to make sure he did it, not a ...

haha nice, yea thatll save alot of money, just get the recipts to make sure he did it, not a cheap repair

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

yeah, I will be getting all the service records he has. He's the original owner and has them from 2008 to current. He moved in 2008 from Alabama to Boston, so he lost a lot of his stuff.

So, maybe you can answer this for me. its been bugging me for a while. What makes a stage 2 turbo? It seems like there are a lot of different answers to this, but specifically to our cars. What makes it so you or I could classify our cars as Stage 2?

oh okkk

and turboback plus tune, some say downpipe and tune and will use the stock catback to be stealthy.

ive heard both of those, but for the bugeyes and i think 04-05 youll want a new uppipe so the cat doesnt fall apart from the higher levels of boost and get sucked into your turbo. so before ya go stage 2 do the uppipe. ive had friends who tell me its safe to leave it, and have ran their cars for a few years before switching but i rather not risk it and everyone on here will tell ya to go catless

uppipe is first thing on my list, after reading the threads on here about what can happen I don't understand why it's not a recall!

alright, thats what I thought. So basically if I swap the UP, DP, and exhaust I have a stage 2?

yes + tune lol

right, +tune.

yes lol ill post a pic to my intake silncer thing i made so ya can see. its an easy mod and something to do lol

awesome!

heres the intake silencer thing that i cut. the left hole is for the scoop and the right hole goes into the intake. it just had a box with a filter where it was cut then i used the plastic to make the botom part
    Last edited by Ruh Roh; 11-14-2012 at 07:11 AM.

very cool. big difference in sound?

eh, the mod is mainly for sound, and i guess a small weight saving mod if you want. but yea i could notice a difference, you hear the filter sucking in air more. when you get the uppipe on youll hear the turbo spool

nice, I can't wait.

Just got off the phone with my insurance company and they wont be able to register the car for me until next week cause I have to send them the title. Oh well, looks like I have some time to detail her and get her pretty before shes on the road.

haha nice well goodluck with it, and ask on here before buying parts or any questions and someone will help ya out

yeah, I absolutely will be doing my homework before making any purchases and if Im not 100% sure I'll ask someone. Everyone seems pretty helpful around here, its great. Can't wait till I learn enough to be the helpful one.

yea haha me to lol. ive bought some dumb things for my car but these guys make fun of things enough that youll learn what not to buy. for example pssssssst lol.