Ermahgerd! Ruh Roh's burgeye burld threard - Page 37
+ Reply to Thread
Page 37 of 43 FirstFirst ... 2728293031323334353637383940414243 LastLast

This is a discussion on Ermahgerd! Ruh Roh's burgeye burld threard within the Builds forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by Ruh Roh likeeee? anyone is welcome to come over and work on stuff or shoot the **** ...

Quote Originally Posted by Ruh Roh View Post
    likeeee?

anyone is welcome to come over and work on stuff or shoot the **** for a bit while i derp around btw

CBE

Maybe the tranny mount and bushings, finish shifter bushings, new blacked out fender trim, black vinyl for the chrome window strips, and taillight overlays (for the turn signal/reverse portion)
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

oh lovely. must post pics in your thread when done.
    Marky Mark
    2002 Stage 2.3 PSM Bugeye tuned by Matty at WTFtuning
    Bugeye Mafia #397, High Mileage Club, WTF Tuning Intern
    My bugeye build
    MinoskePhotography
    First Mods and other useful info!
    GM EBCS/ Hallman MBC Hybrid boost setup diagram

well im slacking with pics. for sneak peeks check out my instagram 1B4DBUG .

front end pieces like oem 3 piece lip installed.. waiting on middle piece of lip to be shipped still since it didnt come with it..so its a 2 piece lip now lol

s204 lip will go under that after car is lowered and aligned.

wheels, shroud and hella cages are back from powdercoating and love love love the wheel color. harley davidson black pearl im so much happier with that a hyper black color from rota. cant wait to see them on the car shined up.

installing hella horns again once i get a chance with the new cages that look gold but sort of copper..

the hella 500ff install went smoothly and i cut and soldered the stock harness to make it work with the new fogs, no problems at all. stilll aiming them but theyre bright as fawk and drove home in the dark with just them the other day.

my morettes are bright with the new phillips xtremevision bulbs but i think one relay is bad and making my highbeams not switch on. so with lights on the pass side headlight doesnt work. the only way i can have normal low beam lights is with the hiugh beam on (but no highbeam lights work). so i think one relay is bad. ill replace that and if not theyre getting simplified wiring rather than 2 relays and lots of mumbo jumbo going on.

coilovers came in today, ISC N1's. had some shipping confusion but RT Tuning took care of me.

have less than a week to install coilovers and alignment is on the 24th. shooting for monday-weds for install time weather depending, id like to have them installed monday then have two days to drive around on th winter setup to see how they feel.

summers will be mounted and balanced by RT Tuning before my alignment that day and installed with some nice gold chrome muteki sr48 extended open ended lugs.

hoping to have everything done besides the lip setup by may, because shipping time on the lips.

pics will be updated soon after i clean my engine bay and take some of everything.
    Marky Mark
    My bugeye build
    MinoskePhotography

alrighty well here we go. the gold heat tape is DEI heat tape and just for my intercooler i used a whole roll of 1" x 15'. had to order more for the alt shroud, rad shroud, intake. while my intake was of i cleaned the MAF and slipped on the AEM dryflow prefilter.

wheels are harley davidson black chrome, alt shroud and hella cages are candy gold transparent. the top and bottom of the alt shroud are heat taped because the brightness of the DEI tape made my gold powdercoiating look tan..

the stock wrx fog lights are bigger than teh hellas so the overlays i bought from Crux moto just needed to be trimmed. some air bubbles were boundd to happen while installing but a blowdryer and rubbing it out helped..hehe. the stock wire soldering/heat shrink wrap was simple and couldve been just have used a little crimp but meh i like to do some things somewhat right. (or as far as i know how to)

with no instructions to the Kartboy fog light mounts and what little common sense i have i assume they go this way.. the hella bolt was too big to go through so the drill had to come out.. and broke the bit on the last drilling through so that made me hate life more. but worked fine and they are on there securely. also hella gave me one bolt unthreaded fml soo had to go to pepboys and do some tinkering with a new box of hella 500s.. gotta do what you gotta do on install day to get stuff done..

the becauseracecar canards give me all the downforce and honestly, i absolutely love how they look. if you see another bug with the same ones let me know lol. but did some good ol fashioned eye measuring while laying in the grass on my side and drilling some random holes and they came out quite even and dont look bad to me. for those who see them in person you can see if theyre straight..look straight to me.. (,)__(')

also painted my calipers a little bit ago and took a before pic... but forgot the after...but theyre black shiny now and look bauce.

Last edited by Ruh Roh; 04-20-2014 at 11:28 PM.
    Marky Mark
    My bugeye build
    MinoskePhotography

also i know someone will catch it the black tube in front of the TMIC is off because it was getting painted black thats why that wire looks all loose, usually its ziptied and all nice like in pic 2 which was taken with a flash so makes everything look funny too.

monday coilover install..hopefully, then summer mount, balance and install thurs. then just need to add horns again then front lips and good to gooooooo. until engine mods..
    Marky Mark
    My bugeye build
    MinoskePhotography

You got dis. Make those coilovers your bitch.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
    ~Stan
    '04 WRB WRX Wagon (Build) - Hard Parked, AutoX Toy
    '08 WRX ~ Daily Beaten ~ '86 BMW 325es ~ "The Chump"

"I was raised knowing there is a replacement for displacement, it's called engineering."

Quote Originally Posted by Hold_Fast View Post
    You got dis. Make those coilovers your bitch.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
    +bitch!
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

Coilovers installed. Did the front end with each side done in about 45 mins. When I first started I did the rears first and had a friend stop by to help which really just slowed me down. Listened to him about setting the ride height because he has bc coilovers and he put the threaded tube flush with the bottom of the strut body. Well that made my wheel come up to my fender so was super low.. I just want my tire to be flush with fender. So I had to take that side off again and then did 2/3 of strut body had threading in it. But aside from that problem which wouldnt have happend if I didnt have someone's input..

the first side I put the strut through the top and put the 3 nuts on the strutmount bolts but couldnt get the bottom bracket of coilover to fit right because the stock metal hub/whatchamacallit has an elevated part on the side so just was a super PITA to get to fit. Listened to him on that part and wasted time trying to pry it and get it in but then he left so I tried it my way.

So then just bolted up the bottoms first, put a jack under the control arm area then jackedd it up and lined the strut mount into place then pushed it around until I got it in the holes.

Worked great and then I finished the other side super quick and had a better guess where to set the ride height. Ride height and preload for front and back are both set equal per Side. Right now the rear end is about an inch and a half lower than I want and front is about stock height. Sooo I have a little drag car stance right now but idc because they'll be set when I go for alignment to the height I want with my summer wheels on.

Had to drop the sway bars to get enough clearance to take out the struts that were on before putting coilovers on. The front I did each side at a time and reconnected the ending to sway after installing the coil. The rear I made the mistake of leaving the sway off with bolts out after rear coil install and then I had to crawl under a really low end to put bolts in. Had to jack up left side a tad to get the bolt through thr effing hole. That took more time than I wanted..

Put a new relay in my hellas so now with highbeams on I get my highbeams and liberals..how it should be.. but before with high beams on I only got both low beams. Still im having the problem of with lowbeams on with just headlight switch on only one lowbeams goes on..the driver side. So ill have to do some wiring one day when bored..not too worried since I put a new relay in I can have highs and lows on at same time or my sidemarkes and just my big hellas which I can see about 1k yards with haha. Whats sexy is the hella cutoff is like the same as my morette cutoff. So nice and ao bright very pleased with thr Phillips xtremes.

Pics will be up after alignment. Teasers on instagram like usual

also couldn't really get a great feeling of what the suspension rode like..since i had about 100lbs in the trunk of tools including my 70lb jack.. and my car sitting in it felt like i was popping a wheelie since i had stock height up front and tucking about 1.5" tire in the rear haha. but it rode nice, didn't scrape even though how ridiculously low the rear is. don't worry ill post pics, its laughable. i did scrape my side skirt pulling up the driveway at an angle then 3 wheeled it up the driveway until flat..which i get a kick out of..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Ruh Roh; 04-21-2014 at 09:36 PM.
    Marky Mark
    My bugeye build
    MinoskePhotography

I just read all this for nothing.

--Anthony 2011 DGM WRX stg2+sf intake WTFtuned \_(ツ)_/

Official Subie owner as of 01/10/11
    Stink Eye Mob #87

Bye bye Bimmer
    Hellooo '11 REX

Quote Originally Posted by xFalleNx View Post
    I just read all this for nothing.

Agreed.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Well its balls to the walls windy out so don't feel like freezing and washing my car quite yet. But today ill pribably install my sideskirts but I will install my hellas.

Here's pics from other day.
    Got this new low pro jack for my bday and I loveeeeee it. Harbor freight ftw. Pic of installed coilover is front end and like 3" too high lol.

Better pic of engine bay

Rear is too low..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk
    Marky Mark
    My bugeye build
    MinoskePhotography

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

Dope, how's it ride?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by livid_wrx View Post
    Dope, how's it ride?
    D-LUX
    --Anthony 2011 DGM WRX stg2+sf intake WTFtuned \_(ツ)_/

Official Subie owner as of 01/10/11
    Stink Eye Mob #87

Bye bye Bimmer
    Hellooo '11 REX

wut he said ^^

sh*t is D-LUXXX

but really i can't say because only preload is set where ride height is too low in the rear and way too high in the front. tmmrw on the ride home i can then give an opinion..but also with racing seats and summers is going to be a big change from stock seats and fat squishy winter tires.

on the way home i didn't rub in the rear somehow over bumps.. and it wasn't bouncy and rode quite nice actually so pretty eager to see how it feels once its set how its supposed to be
    Marky Mark
    My bugeye build
    MinoskePhotography

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.