Ermahgerd! Ruh Roh's burgeye burld threard - Page 28
+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 43 FirstFirst ... 181920212223242526272829303132333435363738 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on Ermahgerd! Ruh Roh's burgeye burld threard within the Builds forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by Shoopster y u so jelly shoop???...

Quote Originally Posted by Shoopster View Post
    y u so jelly shoop???
    Marky Mark
    2002 Stage 2.3 PSM Bugeye tuned by Matty at WTFtuning
    Bugeye Mafia #397, High Mileage Club, WTF Tuning Intern
    My bugeye build
    MinoskePhotography
    First Mods and other useful info!
    GM EBCS/ Hallman MBC Hybrid boost setup diagram

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Hyper black looks awesome on PSM! Do it!
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

Quote Originally Posted by michaelwfox View Post
    Hyper black looks awesome on PSM! Do it!
    shouldve gotten them originally lol. oh wellz..
    Marky Mark
    My bugeye build
    MinoskePhotography

well heres an update- purchased a replacement oil pan, still the 2.0 pan, will reuse the stock pickup, will install next oil change. yes yes i know i shouldve gotten the 2.5 pan as prep for ELH with a killer b pickup Zach, but im poorish now lol. I picked up a gauge bezel, the thing where i have my AEM WB gauge mounted to, because i want to try to mount my gauge lower. Just orderd a Defi 52mm 30psi boost gauge in red from JSCspeed. Ordered yesterday, on truck for delievery today install tonight, i will make a write up of my awesome cheap redneck ziptie install. My WB gauge is still perfectly secure and looks fine. Cheaper than a SMY cluster and does the same thing and still looks clean enough for most people.

Even though the catch can setup was leak free, the hose kept popping off. The turbo inlet hose is biger than the Valve cover vent line part so the stock hose is wider at one end. So to make it work for my catch can i had to add a little hose adapter and it kept popping off so i saif eff it and bought a new stock one. Dont get blowby anyway so all good

this blows apart because clamps get loose, yes i know i can use T bolt clamps but i dont care

meh

new hosee

so spur of the moment type of thing, i wanted to do a quick photoshoot. washed and waxed car a week ago so it was dirty already. thought if there was a way to get the dirt off without washing it, like a duster... welllll good news kids! there is, its called a California Dust mop or something like that, Mikie was telling me about it before and i never thought to get one. Well it worked awesome and picked up the dust off the car without scratching, smoothly glided over teh car and made her look good then just used a quick detail spray and a microfiber cloth to shine her up quick then used the cloth for the wheels and good to go.

i went to advance auto for some cleaning things but they sold a "pacific coast duster" which is kinda the same thing but it was more expensive than the orignial cali dust mop, so i went pep boys for the mop.

these mops come in diff sizes. i got the plastic handle for 15$ because i felt no reason for the giant one which was 24$ or the wood handled one for 23$.

at advance auto i picked up some towels since ive been drying mine with ~2 year old towels that were never washed and old microfiber cloths for buffing... so got some new stuffz.

made a little quick detail kit to keep in the car, simple green, water, quick detailer spray, microfiber cloth for quick detailer, exhaust polishing towel, static dust cling mitt for dash.

stuff works well and got it for free

so then with the car being clean i decided to go take some photos heres a sample and the link for the full album, please like and share

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1818275&type=3

Marky Mark
    My bugeye build
    MinoskePhotography

well got my Defi racer 52mm red boot gauge from JSCspeed. 195$ and got it the next day. So far only great experiences ordering from JSCspeed.

heres my zip tie college budget gauge holder. it works and its nearly free, good enough for me.

eye it up or measure where ya want the gauges. if u look at my older posts i had it more on the 9 o'clock position and i wanted it lower so i got a new bezel to work with. end result is similar mounting as the SMY cluster...just a ton cheaper.

so when ya drill the holes keep in mind the clip position as well as whats under where youre drilling. its not all smooth under there so ya dont want to drill on a little structural support thing. so i used my fingers, eyes and a ruler to get it around evenly mounted. when drilling they need to be even and sort of in the middle of the bezel otherwise your ziptie will be angled and itll slide.

youll need to make a little cutout so the wires arent super pinched against the dash gauge cluster. dremel works well. just hard to reach.

used some of this foam stuff this time so the gauge goes in between this and the plastic bezel. before i didnt use this and it was still fine, but since it came with my gauge i figured id use it. when all mounted you can still slightly spin the gauge against this so its straight.

put the sticky foam tape down and thats how the zip tie "pod" loop looks. i also put a piece on top of the gauge where the ziptie presses against. (on my old setup i didnt use any of this foam tape and still worked fine, didnt slide, rattle or fall off)

here how the zip tie goes

tighten em up and snip excess

good good enough for me

did a little photoshoot the next day in philly and got some cheesesteaks

full album hereee

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1818275&type=3

thennnn saturday night a wild rock appeared on the back side of a small hill, middle of lane. about the size of 2 phone books stacked. not sure how it wondered its way into the middle of road but oh well i hit it. if i turned right i woulda hit some trees so i turned left and caught it with the front right wheel. popped tire, bent wheel, broke front lips, messed up front bumper, pushed wheel back towards the doors so i suspect control arm, strut, maybe subframe, axle, is all messed up. who knows. wil tow to shop today and get it fixed hopefully by end of week.

if anyone knows or has a good deal on stock 235's from the new gen wrx's and are selling message me plz.

Last edited by Ruh Roh; 08-12-2013 at 06:13 AM.
    Marky Mark
    My bugeye build
    MinoskePhotography

Ouch.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

I Support ClubWRX
    Bummer dude. You shouldn't have any issues filing a comprehensive claim, at least. No rate change, either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    He was throwing balloons filled with sulfuric acid and shrapnel at the swat team. They finally had to take him down with rubber bullets.
    2011 STi Build Log
    -Part 1 - Reading, Data Logging, and Analyzing Data
    -Part 2 - Turbocharger 101 & Basic Boost Control
    -Part 3 - EcuFlash, Experimental Defintions, and a Drive By Wire Intro

I Support ClubWRX
    Glad you're alright, Mark
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Quote Originally Posted by Heide264 View Post
    Bummer dude. You shouldn't have any issues filing a comprehensive claim, at least. No rate change, either.
    thats what im trying :/

Quote Originally Posted by EJ257 View Post
    thank ya, tuning will resume shortly!
    Marky Mark
    My bugeye build
    MinoskePhotography

Quote Originally Posted by EJ257 View Post
    ^me too

that sucks. rim is all fugly now. stupid rock...
    N.E.R.D. # 3.579545 MHz

Bugeye Mafia v 2.0 # 371

pete25r's build

Quote Originally Posted by pete25r View Post
    ^me too

that sucks. rim is all fugly now. stupid rock...
    thank ya :/

well they said i have one "accident forgiveness" that i can use. She suggested if its less than a grand to pay out of pocket, if more than a grand to use it. With used parts from my parts guy and then labor from a Subaru only shop i will hopefully be able to be under a grand, that would include a set of use stock wheels with decent tires. If I get a new wheel, new tires, thats easily a grand right there. So im going to see how much the repair is first without doing anything about the wheels then i will decide from there. Any other ideas?
    Marky Mark
    My bugeye build
    MinoskePhotography

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruh Roh View Post
    well they said i have one "accident forgiveness" that i can use. She suggested if its less than a grand to pay out of pocket, if more than a grand to use it. With used parts from my parts guy and then labor from a Subaru only shop i will hopefully be able to be under a grand, that would include a set of use stock wheels with decent tires. If I get a new wheel, new tires, thats easily a grand right there. So im going to see how much the repair is first without doing anything about the wheels then i will decide from there. Any other ideas?
    Are they not treating it as a comprehensive claim? If so, you should only have to pay your comprehensive deductible (which is normally way lower than collision deductible).
    He was throwing balloons filled with sulfuric acid and shrapnel at the swat team. They finally had to take him down with rubber bullets.
    2011 STi Build Log

Are they not treating it as a comprehensive claim? If so, you should only have to pay your comprehensive deductible (which is normally way lower than collision deductible).
    because i hit the rock its collision.. :/

shoulda said the rock fell off a cliff, bounced off a tree and smacked into the side of wheel lol.
    Marky Mark
    My bugeye build
    MinoskePhotography

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruh Roh View Post
    because i hit the rock its collision.. :/

shoulda said the rock fell off a cliff, bounced off a tree and smacked into the side of wheel lol.
    That's bull crap. Tell them it was out of your control and you would have caused damage else wise. I'd throw a fit.
    2011 STi Build Log

That's bull crap. Tell them it was out of your control and you would have caused damage else wise. I'd throw a fit.
    yea got mi madre working on it, she can complain like no one else lol.
    Marky Mark
    My bugeye build
    MinoskePhotography

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.