Ermahgerd! Ruh Roh's burgeye burld threard - Page 26
Page 26 of 41 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on Ermahgerd! Ruh Roh's burgeye burld threard within the Builds forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Damn right mine feels stiffer......

Damn right mine feels stiffer...
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Damn right mine feels stiffer...
    All the stiffz!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Marky Mark
    2002 Stage 2.3 PSM Bugeye tuned by Matty at WTFtuning
    Bugeye Mafia #397, High Mileage Club, WTF Tuning Intern
    My bugeye build
    MinoskePhotography
    First Mods and other useful info!
    GM EBCS/ Hallman MBC Hybrid boost setup diagram

I Support ClubWRX
    i havent touched the other things just front and rear bushings, sti short shifter and new knob. feels good enough for me and dont really feel like working in that area again lol. for a DD im content.[/QUOTE]

Stop being a wuss and do the others, maus. Your car is getting up there in years and you'll love the change. You should at least do the pivot bushings since they are so easy. I don't think you have to go under the car. Linkage, I agree, are a pain.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    He was throwing balloons filled with sulfuric acid and shrapnel at the swat team. They finally had to take him down with rubber bullets.
    2011 STi Build Log
    -Part 1 - Reading, Data Logging, and Analyzing Data
    -Part 2 - Turbocharger 101 & Basic Boost Control
    -Part 3 - EcuFlash, Experimental Defintions, and a Drive By Wire Intro

Yea the pivot ones are easy an like 15$. Minus well... My "plan" was to finishing tuning but may have slightly derailed myself with a desire for EWG, install my injectors since they're BNIB just sitting there all sad on a shelf in my garage and installing a fuel pump thennnn finishing tune..or turbo swap... Fawkkk. :insert AT&T we want moar meme: trying to focus on school but I already have everything setup and I keep telling myself if I want it I can have it, which is true, may not be the smartest thing financially but when I go vrooooomm BWAAAAAAA!!! I always let myself get what i want. It'll put a smile onto face and that'll be worth it.

Marky Mark
    My bugeye build
    MinoskePhotography

+1 for pivot bushings. Took me all of 10 minutes or so and cheap. I did mine before the other bushings and there was a slightly tighter feel to it. You will probably notice more of a difference with the front and rear installed already.

For the rear bushing I removed the metal rim that holds the rubber gasket around the shifter and then pulled the assembly down and out of the way with the shaft out of the bushing, the lever removed and the front bushing off its bolt. Then went in with a socket and 4 inch extension from above. Installed the greased up bushing first, then used the front end and a rubber mallet to just tap it in. It was pretty painless and quick that way. At first I thought of trying from below but that looked like a pain haha.

Quote Originally Posted by SKI.WRX View Post
    +1 for pivot bushings. Took me all of 10 minutes or so and cheap. I did mine before the other bushings and there was a slightly tighter feel to it. You will probably notice more of a difference with the front and rear installed already.

For the rear bushing I removed the metal rim that holds the rubber gasket around the shifter and then pulled the assembly down and out of the way with the shaft out of the bushing, the lever removed and the front bushing off its bolt. Then went in with a socket and 4 inch extension from above. Installed the greased up bushing first, then used the front end and a rubber mallet to just tap it in. It was pretty painless and quick that way. At first I thought of trying from below but that looked like a pain haha.
    Yea I did it all from below with a total of 3 bolts and plenty of room to work. Just couldn't get the one bolt to thread on the rear mount but she's all good now and torqued to spec pivot bushings seem easy enough lol

Marky Mark
    My bugeye build
    MinoskePhotography

well driving home and stuck in traffic the other day the clutch decides it wants to get stuck to the floor. pulled over at a auto shop, threw it up on a lift and saw it was leaking brake/clutch fluid from the slave cylinder area. Was able to pump it up and get the pressure back and drive it to my dads. upon inspection i found it was a hole in the hose that connects from a clutch line to the slave cylinder. the stock rubber one was old and cracked i guess. So instead of waiting a day for shipping i went to an industrial supply store where they make custom hose fittings so they made me one out of stainless steel line for the price of an aftermarket one plus shipping. So i got pretty much the same thing as in the link, but without waiting for shipping lol. Easy install, ya have to take the TMIC off then after install bleed the clutch to get all the air bubbles out. Wasnt hard. With the SS line and after bleeding the clutch does feel a little stiffer than stock...maybe its just me idk. But i guess in my mind or with the SS line i feel the play of the clutch then you can feel where it grabs more. I think im going to look into a clutch stop, sat in Zachs car and really liked how it felt. So that issue is fixed.

Heres the link, the top hose, that is what i had made
    02-05 Subaru WRX Stainless Steel Clutch Lines: JSC Speed

As for my plans to install EWG, injectors, fuel pump- the kid cant get it off his car, stripped a stud bolt or something. I wanted to have it installed by this weekend but thats not going to happen and now im not going to spend the money even when he does get it off. Moar mods= moar problems and need the car reliable for school and neeed to save money at the moment :/ So the car will be getting finished tuning how it is now.

Dropping car off monday for timing belt,water pump, all that fun stuff. Im at 103,500 miles now but since ill be on vacation next week i wont be driving the car anyway so i think its a good oppprtunity and that way i wont have to deal with it while in school.

Coolant leak seemed to be upper rad hose clamp came loose..tightened..doesnt seem to leak anymore.

Was going to have the shop smoke leak test for boost leaks. System should be leak free but i want to check just incase.

Since not spending all teh monies on the EWG and parts ill be getting a Defi boost gauge when back from vaca and once i see how much timing belt costs.

Oil drain bolt still leaks. Tapped with 1/2 pipe thread and installed drain bolt and it doesnt leak anymore, now it leaks around the stock bung that they weld in. Fawk. So going to try to get a new bung, weld that in the pan and then if that doesnt work or something goes wrong its new oil pan time. Fingers crossed with this last chance effort.

So yea thats about in in my car world. Things are going unsmoothly like always
    Marky Mark
    My bugeye build
    MinoskePhotography

Mark, pimping ain't easy...

you have problems but always come out on top. That's respectable. My "unsmooth" moments seem to always happen during the install and it ends up taking me twice as long.
    N.E.R.D. # 3.579545 MHz

Bugeye Mafia v 2.0 # 371

pete25r's build

haha i try to make it work! with zipties and duct tape of course
    Marky Mark
    My bugeye build
    MinoskePhotography

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    yawn.gif
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

gfy.jpeg
    Marky Mark
    My bugeye build
    MinoskePhotography

calmdown.cwk
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

suckitREV2.hex
    Marky Mark
    My bugeye build
    MinoskePhotography

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruh Roh View Post
    suckitREV2.hex
    Iseewhatudidthere
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    He was throwing balloons filled with sulfuric acid and shrapnel at the swat team. They finally had to take him down with rubber bullets.
    2011 STi Build Log
    -Part 1 - Reading, Data Logging, and Analyzing Data
    -Part 2 - Turbocharger 101 & Basic Boost Control
    -Part 3 - EcuFlash, Experimental Defintions, and a Drive By Wire Intro

ehhh so whats new?
    timing belt/water pump and all that replaced. smoke boost leak test showed a leak which was tightened by a hose clamp.

the other day the car would shift in all gears fine but if in first and trying to pull out when id let out the clutch it wpuld feel like it was grinding and just all sorts of horrible.. shifted into every other gear fine and no problem but first just felt horrible...only did it a few times that day, seems fine now but waiting on it to return..

random pic from cars and coffee meet

noticed in my engine bay that the hose from the turbo inlet came off, not sure how long its been off but had the hood open monday and didnt notice it. the catch can setup is air tight but due to all the areas it could leak i think im just going to run a straight line like the stock setup. my catch can has no blow by and just does thre job of looking pretty. so its gonna come off.

noticed my ziptie that held my MBC on was broken so i found the time to search for a bolt and found one that fit perfect.

since yesterday i noticed my cars been running like a raped ape, seems to be super quick for some reason and just touchy when i hit the gas. yes that sounds like a good thing, but when its usually slow then switches to feeling awesome, ya worry. sooo have to do a log or too just to check because im paranoid.

im switching tuners due to a few reasons and will be getting the car protuned most likely by RT Tuning or Akuma. Once i have some money to spare. Need to save so i can pay my bills when i quit my job and go to school until i find another job up at school, but who knows how long thatll take to find a job..

well i was saving for a tune and a wild pair of Morette headlights got in the way. When they were listed at 500 they got my attention, but i held strong. Then they were reduced to 350$ like 2 days later so i knew it was meant to be. Lights work, the shell that gets painted is in pretty good condition, one 1" crack on the side but cant really tell, ill fix it. Some chips out of the paint that was on it so sanding them down and scuffing the paint for new paint. Just ordered some Grimmspeed PSM paint. The high beam lenses and the turn signal lenses will be tinted amber like my fogs.

some how managed to cut m finger and it wouldnt stop for like 5 mins.

the housing that hold the light has a fair share of cracks. JB weld and random pieces of plastic will make it sturdy, hopefully get that done this weekened and tint the lenses this weekend.

this im pulling apart to show the crack, it fits together just needs something to hold it together

this is where the light mounts. fixing it while still keeping the light removable will be tricky

too many wires, unplugged, forget where they go.. will have to do some trial and error troubleshooting if they dont work when i get them all back together..

with random sand paper grit levels i had i got started sanding. got one cover sanded and just about ready for paint. the other ill hopefully finish tonight
    Marky Mark
    My bugeye build
    MinoskePhotography