Ermahgerd! Ruh Roh's burgeye burld threard - Page 25
Page 25 of 41 FirstFirst ... 151617181920212223242526272829303132333435 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on Ermahgerd! Ruh Roh's burgeye burld threard within the Builds forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by Ruh Roh i want perfection sooo will have to redo. Zipties....

Quote Originally Posted by Ruh Roh View Post
    i want perfection sooo will have to redo.
    Zipties.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

took a trip up to PMP auto specialties the other day, picked up a stock mirror because my auto dim broke again and all the oil came to the front..and it always fit on very loosily and wobbled and i couldnt tell what type of car was behind me because it was so shakey. the stock one is wayyy better and perfectyl stable IMO.
    also picked up a grimmspeed turbo heat shield...dont think i have the stock brackets anymore though. so may resell idk...

as for the wonderful boost leak test... tester broke *sorry zach* and is currently drying with JB weld so it shouldnttt leak afterwards. got some hose clamps for the caps that liked to shoot off past my face at 15psi..zipties i see dont quite do the trick of making things air tight..

i think at least of of my possible many leaks could have been the hose that goes to my catch can on the turbo inlet...wasnt on there tight at all so i went and got a bigger hose, put that on there, adpater to a smaller hose and hose clamped everything. seems very secure and couldnt even pull it apart....we will see today if it leaks...if it does... its getting jb welded with electrical tape overtop with hose clamps and zipties..or something..

Marky Mark
    2002 Stage 2.3 PSM Bugeye tuned by Matty at WTFtuning
    Bugeye Mafia #397, High Mileage Club, WTF Tuning Intern
    My bugeye build
    MinoskePhotography
    First Mods and other useful info!
    GM EBCS/ Hallman MBC Hybrid boost setup diagram

Sooo the deal with my TMIC and boost leak test issssss-things leak..

\the leaks that were fixed include one leak was at the turbo inlet where the valve cover vent line goes on (catch can hose). Where the hose from the BPV goes down into...err intake mani area, that hose got a clamp on it and is all good.

So the stock system seems to be leak free from the turbo inlet now. I pressurized the intake mani a few times at 20psi and can not hear any leaks. So that should be good. The stock wrx intercooler leaks at the BPV gasket...need a new gasket..

The new TMIC that i was told has "no leaks" leaks in like 4 different spots...first off the bolts that hold the BPV down were stripped so they were tapped out and now theyre fine.. So that didnt hold a good seal to begin with, now i need a new gasket for the BPV on that TMIC. The silicone hose didnt have any leaks which is good. Behind the intercooler where the Y pipe connects-both of those gaskets leak. It also has a big scrape mark on top of the front of the intercooler whichhhhh *you guessed it* also leaks. So now i need to get the intercooler welded on top, fix 3 gaskets and then it should be good... the joy of buying used parts...

so when the new tmic is complete and on i will probably still do a smoke test on teh car just to maike sure no leaks

I also washed, waxed car yesterday *of course it rains today* then took some pics. Shined up the Autospeed for the first time and am pleased with the results.

Full car album
    https://www.facebook.com/#!/media/se...1818275&type=3

and heres a pic from the secret professional workshop where i use the highest quality hose caps lulz. hey in the end it works.
    Marky Mark
    My bugeye build
    MinoskePhotography

Quote Originally Posted by Ruh Roh View Post
    and heres a pic from the secret professional workshop where i use the highest quality hose caps lulz. hey in the end it works.
    I'm 100% guilty of roaming the house to find what ever **** will plug...something. Looking good buddy. And BTW, if you ever need and hose adapters I have a **** ton laying around from my catch can install. I just said **** it ordered a boat load in a bunch of different sizes. BUT....reminder:

https://www.motorsportreg.com/index....2#.Ua527OA4QyE
    ~Stan
    '04 WRB WRX Wagon (Build) - Hard Parked, AutoX Toy
    '08 WRX ~ Daily Beaten ~ '86 BMW 325es ~ "The Chump"

"I was raised knowing there is a replacement for displacement, it's called engineering."

So... how exactly did you go about smoking out the sidemarkers

They pop out. Then cleaned with alcohol pad and painted with VHT nightshade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Marky Mark
    My bugeye build
    MinoskePhotography

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Hold_Fast View Post
    I'm 100% guilty of roaming the house to find what ever **** will plug...something
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

Quote Originally Posted by Hold_Fast View Post
    I'm 100% guilty of roaming the house to find what ever **** will plug...something. Looking good buddy.
    Stan...you saucy minx!
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

car felt lonely that i havent popped the hood in a while so decided to start a coolant leak to get me to play with her again. dont know where its at yet, but i had a nice litle puddle under the car

welder should hopefully have his TIG welder up and runnin again today, ( i should know tonight) and will hopefully get tmic welded tmmw and installed if everything goes according to plan
    Marky Mark
    My bugeye build
    MinoskePhotography

well as an update i finallyyy got my new tmic welded. my dads friends welder is still down so i decided to go to someone else and he does some awesome work, 19 and has one of my favorite bugeyes as well, awesome guy.

I hopefully fixed the two gaskets that the Y pipe connects to on the back of the intercooler. The gaskets leaked so i cleaned off nicely and used some avaiation gasket maker brush on stuff.

Going to boost leak test the TMIC tonight, if no leaks on it , clean it up some, either install tonight or tmmrw then reset ecu, pull some logs for Matty.

My car is disgustingly dirty from CretinFest last weekend so she will probably be getting washed and cleaned up insde by this weekend.

Car is still leaking coolant from unknown places.. and oil from the stripped oil drain bolt ( <may fix that this weekend..)

Kartboy front and rear shifter bushings are on the way being shipped, Wc Lathewerks shift knob is ordered and now just waiting for him to make it hopefully have that by next week at this time

Thats it for now...hoping for the best tonight with the TMIC!
    Marky Mark
    My bugeye build
    MinoskePhotography

I Support ClubWRX
    Good update. You'll enjoy the shifter mods =)
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    He was throwing balloons filled with sulfuric acid and shrapnel at the swat team. They finally had to take him down with rubber bullets.
    2011 STi Build Log
    -Part 1 - Reading, Data Logging, and Analyzing Data
    -Part 2 - Turbocharger 101 & Basic Boost Control
    -Part 3 - EcuFlash, Experimental Defintions, and a Drive By Wire Intro

Wc lathe werks stainless steel shift knob came in the mail. I've fapped several times to it. Loveeeee the new feeling and it sits an inch lower than stock. Very happy with the purchase! Wayyyy better than stock.

Installed new Y pipe gaskets on the PWR tmic. New bpv gasket as well and no leaks!!!

Installed the Perrin pitch stop mount and no noticeable cabin noise or startup noise.. Kinda wanted some noise lol.

Kart boy shifter bushings will hopefully be installed this weekend

Finally things went somewhat as planned and a smooth install today

Now to pull some logs and hopefully finish my tune soon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Marky Mark
    My bugeye build
    MinoskePhotography

shift knob is probably my favorite upgrade for teh dollahairs $$. feels so smooth and cant stop rubbing my knob in traffic.

stock vs perrin pitch stop mount. i dont feel a difference in anything..but its there.

my car trying to get up my driveway...for teh lulz

i also installed the Kartboy front and rear shifter bushings. Did not drop the crossmember down (mainly because the bolts were rusted on and i had enough room to work anyway). All of the bolts(3 total - 2 rear, 1 front) were easy to get off. The front stock bushing was kinda hard to get out but came out. The rear bushing needed some wiggling to get out. New KB fronts went in nicely. The rear KB bushing sucked to get in. Was very tight to get over the shaft , even all greased up, but with some force it went in. Then the bolts werent very fun...After trial and error using different tools, falling asleep under the car a few times, throwing in the towel at 1 am, waking up and trying again i found it was easiest for me to take the front bushings off the mount so that way icould grab down there and use to get the rear bushing at the right angle to get the mountng bolt in. I threaded a few threads of the driver side bolt in and then the passenger side bolt i finally got in. Its two bolts. In theory it should be simple. It was a PITA. Being tired and starting an install at 10pm didnt help much either. But feels a little crisper than stock. I finally like how my car feels to shift now....i think Mikies felt stiffer but mine feels pretty solid now. Id say the shift knob had way more of a difference in feel as an upgrade.

Hoping to pull some logs later with the new tmic on. Ill post pics of the tmic when my engine bay is clean.
    Marky Mark
    My bugeye build
    MinoskePhotography

I Support ClubWRX
    Good stuff!

The rear shifter bushing did not play nicely with my car. It's almost like the bolt holes don't line up. I don't want to touch that area again in fear it's cross threaded. Most people seem to have the same issue - I'm surprised KB hasn't addressed it... Maybe it needs to be that way to flex while being bolted down.

Did you do the linkage or pivot bushings?

I love drive line mods though. They transform your car completely - for the better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    He was throwing balloons filled with sulfuric acid and shrapnel at the swat team. They finally had to take him down with rubber bullets.
    2011 STi Build Log
    -Part 1 - Reading, Data Logging, and Analyzing Data
    -Part 2 - Turbocharger 101 & Basic Boost Control
    -Part 3 - EcuFlash, Experimental Defintions, and a Drive By Wire Intro

yea ive found a few threads where people say it doesnt fit nicely.

i havent touched the other things just front and rear bushings, sti short shifter and new knob. feels good enough for me and dont really feel like working in that area again lol. for a DD im content.
    Marky Mark
    My bugeye build
    MinoskePhotography