Ermahgerd! Ruh Roh's burgeye burld threard - Page 23
Page 23 of 41 FirstFirst ... 131415161718192021222324252627282930313233 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on Ermahgerd! Ruh Roh's burgeye burld threard within the Builds forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by Ruh Roh By this weekend hoping to uninstall my AP and save stock ROM, see if wideband ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruh Roh
    By this weekend hoping to uninstall my AP and save stock ROM, see if wideband is logging properly and do like 2 logs then reinstall AP until i set a date for tune and then ill set up the EBCS
    Don't bother saving your stock ROM:
    Scoobypedia | Trusted knowledge for everything Subaru | Knowledge / ECU Version Compatibility List
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

ahh good stuff. just want to test out the logging and make sure everything works correctly before scheduling your time lol
    Marky Mark
    2002 Stage 2.3 PSM Bugeye tuned by Matty at WTFtuning
    Bugeye Mafia #397, High Mileage Club, WTF Tuning Intern
    My bugeye build
    MinoskePhotography
    First Mods and other useful info!
    GM EBCS/ Hallman MBC Hybrid boost setup diagram

So I installed my front lip combo with a prodrive bayson r rep on too painted PSM with grimmspeed paint. The bottom is a bayson r s204. Secured by self tapping screws. Thinking I may look for some hinge style things that go on the fender and front bumper for quick release for oil changes and easier removal since I hate the inside push pins because they break and are hard to reach.

She's a little rusty

Need a heat shield now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Marky Mark
    My bugeye build
    MinoskePhotography

heres a pic of how i have my AEM UEGO mounted. since i planned on getting the SMY cluster i just got a notch into the side so the wires wouldnt be pinched. to mount the gauge just drilled two holes on the plastic piece and used a zip tie to secure it. looks good enough for me and will most likely do that on the other side for a boost gauge rather than spend ~$140 for an SMY cluster.

Marky Mark
    My bugeye build
    MinoskePhotography

Looks good buddy. I think I'll be adding some of the AEM digital gauges to my collection as well after seeing how good that looks.
    ~Stan
    '04 WRB WRX Wagon (Build) - Hard Parked, AutoX Toy
    '08 WRX ~ Daily Beaten ~ '86 BMW 325es ~ "The Chump"

"I was raised knowing there is a replacement for displacement, it's called engineering."

thanks! sure it would look cleaner if it was mounted in an actual pod but free>$140 lol. after i get my tune and sell my AP ill most likely be getting a Defi boost gauge and mount it on the other side. its held on pretty secure and i dont think it looks horrible.

update: still waiting on tactrix from friend so i can make sure all programs are working, then when they are ill set up EBCS/MBC then tune!
    Marky Mark
    My bugeye build
    MinoskePhotography

so after txting my friend everyday and him taking his good ol time for me to borrow his ~$40 tactrix cable ive decided to just order my own and hopefully will be here before this weekend. ordered the 2.0 cable that way whenever i want to log, i can. no waiting around for one.

also tried to just log my AEM UEGO last night and when i plugged it in to laptop and had romraider open it said select COM port..but gave me no options...maybe i need to have the tactrix plugged in ? but i see no reason why since the wideband gauge wouldnt log since its seperate. but will mess around with that more tonight and hopefully find the answer at work today
    Marky Mark
    My bugeye build
    MinoskePhotography

I know I had to install drivers for my laptop to recognize the serial to usb adapter. THEN I had to see which COM (USB) port I had it plugged into. Did your come with any instructions or anything?
    ~Stan
    '04 WRB WRX Wagon (Build) - Hard Parked, AutoX Toy
    '08 WRX ~ Daily Beaten ~ '86 BMW 325es ~ "The Chump"

"I was raised knowing there is a replacement for displacement, it's called engineering."

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    A $40 Chinese Knockoff cable is NOT a Tactrix cable!!
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    Thanks for the clarification.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning

Quote Originally Posted by Hold_Fast View Post
    I know I had to install drivers for my laptop to recognize the serial to usb adapter. THEN I had to see which COM (USB) port I had it plugged into. Did your come with any instructions or anything?
    mayyybee......(prob should upload and read the instructional CD it came with... woops)

Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    Marky Mark
    My bugeye build
    MinoskePhotography

Uninstalled AP successfully. Turn laptop on to flash new map and it starts the longest service pack upgrade ever fml. Getting other things ready I pull down my wires for my USB to serial cable and wire is out I the crimp -__- soldering time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Marky Mark
    My bugeye build
    MinoskePhotography

Soo heres some of the things i can remember about my tuning experience so far

romraider wouldnt pickup the AEM wideband but i figured that out by messing around with selecting it, the plugin option and selecting the com port then refereshing and unchecking and rechecking the external sensor box

romraider when trying to log my car gave me a java error so reinstalled java and got it working

ecuflash that i downloaded to my mac was for the old version tactrix cable and i bought the openport 2.0 cable because my friend was taking too long to give me his ebay knockoff one, and i wanted my own for logging and such. so had to redownload it to the netbook

the one wire fell out of my crimp for the wideband usb to serial cable so i soldered that connection

dropped my MBC under the middle of the car and had to use a stick to reach it..

the vac line broke off on the WGA , compressor outlet and intake...it was like old hardened rubber that seemeed to become plastic..so that took longer than expected to get off...

and heres the big one where i almost realllyyy screwed up.. went to flash the map on ecuflash, i test wrote the map and it worked fine, went to really flash it and it wpouldnt and there was an error..couldnt shut car off or id be reallyyyyyy screwed. so i was at my dads house so had to use his wifi to look for a stock map online to download and save it, he didnt know hiw wifi network or password so had to run up to his pc and figure that out, all while my car batt is slowly draining and wanting to die, so set that up and am searching for maps, talking to matty on the phone and i think wait...for my AP i would connect green test connectors AND the white intiaization jumper. SUPER NEWB MISTAKE. didnt plug the damn initialization jumper in fml. couldve screwed things up real bad but luckily i remembered that. the reason why i didnt is because on the AP it tells u to connect teh green test and white then it flshes. on ecuflash it just says green and youre supposed to remember to do the white jumper., depending on your model year. so at least i got lucky and remembered or things couldve went downhill.

did some logs at like 15psi set on the mbc and apparently getting some knock and not so good things but will do moar logs in the morning and hope for the best. car didnt blow up yet so thats a good thing, maybe tmmrw..
    Marky Mark
    My bugeye build
    MinoskePhotography

also other fun things happened like the stupid AP doesnt like to uninstall or reinstall unless at the right voltage.

went to uninstall it today, checked voltage it was 12.8, hit uninstall says voltage is too high at 13.4 WTF!!! so yea that gets on my nerves. i feel like a teen girl blogging about her day...eh close enough so anywho yesterday after reinstalling my AP car wouldnt start. almost peed. but battery voltage just dropped too low..

going to change my thread name to Ruh Rohs bugeye build of misfortune...

to be continued tmmrw with hopefully happy things, but probably not..
    Marky Mark
    My bugeye build
    MinoskePhotography

I Support ClubWRX
    -Stephanie 2004 WRB WRX | Blobeye Syndicate Member #104
    "I can't see the Shoopster from here; I'll wait for you outside."
    Shoopsterbuild 2.1: Better than it was before. Better, stronger, faster. Now with premium 'menu' option!