Subaru WRX Forum banner

Ermahgerd! Ruh Roh's burgeye burld threard

110K views 715 replies 48 participants last post by  michaelwfox 
#1 · (Edited)
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Here is my build thread, not every mod I have is listed in here but just ones i happen to take pictures of. She's a DD build, going for a mean looking bugeye that i turn back to look at every time i park, something that has a little rumble and can make me smile when i hit the gas. :)
for info on mods or where to get them or anything just comment or message me :)
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Purchased stock on December 20th with 71,500ish miles on her. Shes my daily driver but we still have fun spending quailty time driving and modding. Im looking for a fun to drive daily that i could use lightly in some auto x. Right now my setup is where i want it for my budget and it being a daily. Always want moar low and moar fast but dont have the money to spend.

So anyway lets start. Before the WRX i drove a 1995 jeep cherokee, 1993 240sx and had my 2004 gsxr 1000.

Always looking for cars i stumbled upon this wild bugeye sitting at a sketchy dealer. Test drove it, fell in love. Had 3 vehicles and not enough money for the car :/ told the guy id be back to buy it and i didnt want to trade my vehicles in for half of what i could sell them for. checked the wrx and had some mechanics look at it all good. so a week later i sold my jeep, 240sx and got a loan for the rest of the car. Great success! *Borat voice*

Factory options on my car were upgraded sound system, short shifter, sti scoop, rear cargo net, carbon fiber trim, dimming compass mirror, wheel locks, and factory mudflaps.

Got new inspection, emissions, 4 new tires from the dealer and was good to go.

I take alot of pics so had to narrow it down for the thread :/ but heres the stock ones

Some new KYB GR-2's with Epic Springs, Also got some Rota DPT's 17x8 +48i :) Nexen n3000 225's which are meh.

Shes been on a few sort of far road trips like to Maryland for OCMD AWD week meet, New York, NJ beaches and love the reliability.

Heres my friends silver bugeye and another at the AWD meet ion OCMD

I wanted a little more rumble but wanted to keep it classy so i went with an autospeed turboback exhaust

Wanted more fast so went stage 2 with parts from Kronos performance

Cobb Accessport- also came with Hella horns :), Grimspeed uppipe, and running the 93 octane stage 2 tune.

I went with an Accessport because i know that i will get a different turbo setup soon and will want a protune so that way i can resell the AP and get some money back towards a protune.

Changed the trans fluid and rear diff with some Extra-S 75w-90 at 83,888 miles.

I ordered brakes from KNS brakes, id order with them again-fast shipping/good packing. i ordered the H6 upgrade kit which is the larger rear caliper brackets and the larger rear rotors, centric premium rotors, stoptech street pads. Im happy with this setup for a daily driver.

3/3/13 sway bar setups installed.engine bay as of now.

teh garage

See less See more
#690 ·
theres da whip. and Monk its the new DYC top coat which gives it the gloss. dip is normally matte unless a pearl pack is added. my color is anthrecite grey metallic so it has some flake in it which the gloss does bring out, but def not as much as the pearl colors

#695 ·
Dip looks great - I like the sonic yellow peeking through on the front too. I played around with some on my bike but it didn't come near as well.

#698 ·
just ordered some Grimmspeed hood struts from JSCspeed :wiggles:

and some NGK stock heat spark plugs so while i swap those i figure itll be a good time to clean da bay

#699 ·
changed my spark plugs the other day which wasnt too bad, never fun though, especially in the dark.

after putting my battery back in i look at the unerside of my batt tie down and it didnt look the nicest. battery acid ate through the finish and to bare metal... there are no holes or cracks in the battery which is odd. so the tie down isnt placed right against the battery i cut up a little dash cell phone holder thing which has double side tape on the back so i can stick it to the battery.

#702 ·
sup.

was cruising around the nearby town trying to find a spot for photos and at the end of the road to prevent scraping my front end a lottttt, i had to cut the corner hard and in doing so since my rear bumper is so loww i had the lower passenger corner hit the curb which then pushed it up as i drove and broke the fiberglass end corner piece that meets the wheel well area... im sure a few already saw on my IG and im too lazy to post a new photo.

with the CS bumper i was unhappy with it since after i brought it home. its hugeeee, then after install i realized i needed to make most the mounting points. on the side where it chipped those mounting points i had to make as well which are a PITA to reach and are a little uneven which always made me mad looking at it. the bumper is so big it swallows my sexy exhaust. and since there are no lower mounting point going 40mph and over the lower sides flap and look like my wheels are wobbling off from behind lol. my mudflaps are a little cambered by accident since i measured wrong and too lazy to fix that because most people dont notice it but i can... the rera diffuser since homemade isnt perfect but acceptable for the average joe. not acceptable for me anymore but i still run it and planned on taking it off to make a few fixes.

soo in conclusion the same day chipped the corner of the bumper put me over the edge a little so went and bought a used , white hawkeye rear bumper. has some blemishes that i can sand down pretty easy. ordered a new UK rear OEM looking diffuser. my friend has one on his bugeye and in person it looks great , like it shnouldve came with the car. ordered that up so now have to wait for overseas shipping... hoping by the end of next month the new rear bumper is all together and installed so i can hopefully sell the CS one..

oohhh and also found a prodrive bugeye grill that i had to have to complete the rare front end setup and give my bugeye a nose. :3 after that i think the front end is complete. once i break this s204 lip which is already on its last leg i think im just going to take that off.. DDing is hard being that low and really having like 3" of clearance

#703 ·
sooo for my adams polishes reviews check out my instagram, but in short their products for detailing are greatttt. i absolutely love their VRT which is like a back to black type of thing. their detail spray works great with my dip and their car shampoo is super sudsy and for the small amount you put in the bucket you get so many suds. my HT autos rear diffuser shipped in literally 1 business day from the UK which is completely insane. ill have a toast to Fedex, the rear bumper is all preppeed, just need to drop it off for dip, install and add rear diffuser. here are some photos.

prodrive grill dipped black. most likely keeping this logo and not adding the decal i bought which is black with yellow subaru logo... just really like how it looks now and goes with the silver club logo and my wheel lips

before and after teh adams polishes VRT

#709 ·
Marky I came in here to make fun of your rice mobile. To my disappointment, it looks really good. Well done!

Also, text me back biatch

#710 ·
thank youu. trying to do mean , rare and tasteful.

new rear bumper should be on this weekend with an OEM looking style rear diffuser. and hoping to pickup a sti limited trunk soon to complete the exterior for now...one day maybe a roof scoop but thats really about it. time to save for a house and then one day i can make this thing fast and get rid of the rust.

#711 ·
soon the 1B4DBUG has been sold tonight. i left her with 128,500k miles and few mods. most of the exterior stuff was left on like the headlights, fogs and grill. the wheels i had sold and the the only engine mod was a single tip cutback. we had a great run but now on to some different things. I've picked up an 06 sti that I've put my budgie turbo back on and an APv3 tune. will post some photos and things when i have time. on the 06 I've noticed some rear body damage after the purchase that I'm not content with so ill be on the hunt for an 07 sti with lower mileage. the 06 I've already returned to stock and awaiting a trade in once i find the right Sti. big changes happening quickly but all for the best and i really enjoy the sti. ill be doing a few things to the car but for the most part the car will be stage 2 with a light mods.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.