Subaru WRX Forum banner

Ermahgerd! Ruh Roh's burgeye burld threard

110K views 715 replies 48 participants last post by  michaelwfox 
#1 · (Edited)
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Here is my build thread, not every mod I have is listed in here but just ones i happen to take pictures of. She's a DD build, going for a mean looking bugeye that i turn back to look at every time i park, something that has a little rumble and can make me smile when i hit the gas. :)
for info on mods or where to get them or anything just comment or message me :)
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Purchased stock on December 20th with 71,500ish miles on her. Shes my daily driver but we still have fun spending quailty time driving and modding. Im looking for a fun to drive daily that i could use lightly in some auto x. Right now my setup is where i want it for my budget and it being a daily. Always want moar low and moar fast but dont have the money to spend.

So anyway lets start. Before the WRX i drove a 1995 jeep cherokee, 1993 240sx and had my 2004 gsxr 1000.

Always looking for cars i stumbled upon this wild bugeye sitting at a sketchy dealer. Test drove it, fell in love. Had 3 vehicles and not enough money for the car :/ told the guy id be back to buy it and i didnt want to trade my vehicles in for half of what i could sell them for. checked the wrx and had some mechanics look at it all good. so a week later i sold my jeep, 240sx and got a loan for the rest of the car. Great success! *Borat voice*

Factory options on my car were upgraded sound system, short shifter, sti scoop, rear cargo net, carbon fiber trim, dimming compass mirror, wheel locks, and factory mudflaps.

Got new inspection, emissions, 4 new tires from the dealer and was good to go.

I take alot of pics so had to narrow it down for the thread :/ but heres the stock ones

Some new KYB GR-2's with Epic Springs, Also got some Rota DPT's 17x8 +48i :) Nexen n3000 225's which are meh.

Shes been on a few sort of far road trips like to Maryland for OCMD AWD week meet, New York, NJ beaches and love the reliability.

Heres my friends silver bugeye and another at the AWD meet ion OCMD

I wanted a little more rumble but wanted to keep it classy so i went with an autospeed turboback exhaust

Wanted more fast so went stage 2 with parts from Kronos performance

Cobb Accessport- also came with Hella horns :), Grimspeed uppipe, and running the 93 octane stage 2 tune.

I went with an Accessport because i know that i will get a different turbo setup soon and will want a protune so that way i can resell the AP and get some money back towards a protune.

Changed the trans fluid and rear diff with some Extra-S 75w-90 at 83,888 miles.

I ordered brakes from KNS brakes, id order with them again-fast shipping/good packing. i ordered the H6 upgrade kit which is the larger rear caliper brackets and the larger rear rotors, centric premium rotors, stoptech street pads. Im happy with this setup for a daily driver.

3/3/13 sway bar setups installed.engine bay as of now.

teh garage

See less See more
#595 · (Edited)
double post....

well thats how shes sitting now and will be for a while until winter. getting a pay cut for a new job that i can move up in had to happen and now i reaaalllyy need to crack down on my lavish but still cheap spending and start paying the bills and enjoying what i have instead of wanting #allgolderrthang so i will be going to shows and i will post pics from meets and all that. there will be repair posts, hopefully i find my leaking water problem.. im going to post how i simplified my morettes and the problems i was having with the stock setup and why i simplified them, including pics of finished product. so with the school loans coming up and just needing to save $ shes finally going to stay how she sits for a while..but firsttttt im going to add another item to my part pile that im slowly adding up for the turbo setup(see below)

. right now i just have BNIB DW 750cc inj's i got for 200$ with flow sheets and all that, the route i want to take is install my Grimmspeed turbo heat shield, i will buy or ask for gifts for phenolic spacers and TGV deletes and the gaskets, not going to run ELH because i like the sound of inefficiency and those, the 2.5 oil pan and killer b pickup would be out of the price range..but who knows may end up happening. i will figure out which turbo i want in the mean time and slowly save my change to acquire a used 16G/18G, most likely 16G or who knows a 16gxtr since i get 20% off new parts so i could get that for a nice price.. but who knows.

this weekend at my meat, i will be purchasing this setup VVVV from a friend/morette bugeye owner/ car club member/ and clubdub forum member, who had a similar build in mind and will be moving to the west coast so will cut me a deal on the below setup for $475 so i pretty much NEED to buy it lol. but thats all for now, enjoy the future post and wait for the $ to come in so i can pay off the loans and keep trying to build a mean, sorta quick, bugeye.

parts purchasing this weekend for $475...have to buyyyy

-Grimmspeed 38mm EWG Up-Pipe w/ Blue 38mm Tial Wastegate (used 3k miles)
Up-pipe has been heat wrapped. Comes with dump tube.

Includes:
Grimmspeed internal wastegate bracket

Grimmspeed double thick gaskets for the following:
-header-to-up
-up-to-turbo
-turbo-to-downpipe
The gaskets and internal wastegate bracket have never been used

The Up Pipe and Wastegate were used for 3,000 miles from a fellow subaru owner until he decided being in his 40's and having something this loud wasn't for him.

walboro new fuel pump 255 and new install kit

braaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaapp *shoots flames from front bumper or hood..TBD*

#600 ·
havent updated in a while. heres some pics, ripped my front lip off through a overflowed pond i had to cross to get home one night so that got stuck under the car but not too much damage done so was able bolt it back on and then ripped off going down the highway from the wind on a 4+ hour trip at high speeds. so just ordered another s204 lip, repaintd my middle oem 3 piece fiberglass piece but i think i will be wrapping it in some CF vinyl i have but not too sure yet. so heres some pics i took from a local meet, enjoy the uglystancedbugeyenoonelikes

#601 ·
havent updated in a while. heres some pics, ripped my front lip off through a overflowed pond i had to cross to get home one night so that got stuck under the car but not too much damage done so was able bolt it back on and then ripped off going down the highway from the wind on a 4+ hour trip at high speeds. so just ordered another s204 lip, repaintd my middle oem 3 piece fiberglass piece but i think i will be wrapping it in some CF vinyl i have but not too sure yet. so heres some pics i took from a local meet, enjoy the uglystancedbugeyenoonelikes

#602 · (Edited)
plans for the car

sell the NRG full carbon fiber seats i have in there now to then put the money towards a new turbo, then use the rest towards a tune which i will install my new 750cc DW inj's, new walboro 255 fp w/install kit, nweish 38mm tial EWG w/ heat wrapped uppipe and all the 2x thick GS gaskets. probably install the spacers and tgv deletes while im at it, just need to purchase those. not sure what turbo i want. ill see what pops up for a decent price, maybe a VF or 18g but most likely a 16G. then get her tuned at RT tuning and drive until she pops then who knows. good thing i have a second vehicle for when that will happen :/ will also be having the EWG come out of the hood since the routing for out of the fender will take too much tubing but ill see.but after the tune and all that im pretty certain ill be getting Karlton flares and sell/trade my wheels for some stance-licious deep dish wheels. hate on. and probably a front mount to reduce my effiency but then i can have sexy powdercoated IC pipes and a v mount FMIC. i shall be doing this for the ratchets.

#603 ·
Your car isn't the stanced out problem...because its not. Is it low? Yes. As low as my STI was? Yep. Does your car look good? Yeah, it looks great. Its just the rest of the tards up there that you are around end up stancecrapping out their cars. Your buddy in the Plasma Blue WRX behind you (I forget his name?) also has an awesome car.

#611 ·
not sure since chat is gone if many people even use the site or care to read my 40+ page "build thread"

but the plan is still about the same for the car. Sunday will be my last show of the season then its winter mode for the bugeye. still on the hunt for a turbo, i have the ewg and supporting mods ready for install.

the NRG seats i need to sell, i will go with corbeau seats, corbeau harnesses, NRG harness bar.

ive picked up a chargespeed authentic fiberglass rear bumper that i cant wait to install. $950 new...

i will be going with a FMIC still for looks since i show the car a lot and am not worried about spool time with the EWG and small turbo.

i will be getting a D stlye NRG quick release wheel. it will be black cloth with leather stitching. i have bought an sti shifter trim that will be powdercoated an old school, hot rod red metallic color-along with the harness bar and my lovely WC lathewerks shift knob ( i still loveeee this mod).

the engine bay will get a few new parts besides the turbo setup and supporting mods. i will be just using the EBC 3 port and getting rid of the hallmann MBC. will be getting a new power steering res, coolant overflow and windshield washer res. they will be powdercoated a copper/orange vein. the engine bay will most likely loose some gold but may add some heat tape the firewall near the turbo.

ive picked up a wingless CGM STI trunk so may keep that unless i can find a nice limited trunk. will also be getting a rear window little spoiler. since my car is a few shades of silver and my new CS bumper is WRB...the car will be getting dipped olive drab green. id love to paint her DGM but just dont have the $ for paint.

new wheels i am hoping will be added as long as i can sell these but who knows. i love/hate the enkies.. tires are still great and wheels were coated last spring and still flawless. who knows.

big plans, little money. we shall see what happens over winter, stay tuned. ;)

#612 ·
#613 ·
We still here ;)

Cool plans, Mark...you've brought the car a long way from stock and I like the look of it, even with the 400 lips.

You could probably get away with still having decent performance on something like an 18GXT as long as you find a smaller core/thinner piping FMIC like the old Injen I had sold. They are out there.

#614 ·
haha thank you, shes getting there. one day and dollhair at a time lol $$$$. but after researching today ive decided im going to keep the TMIC i have. function>form....but im still going to get a 18x9.5 +35 and run a fat tire haha. the TMIC i have, ive never seen another one at a car show. its in good shape, leak free (because i spent $ on having it TIG welded and all new gaskets and had to drill and tap out the stock bpv...) so i really do like it, ill just clean it up some this year and i think i will be happy with it again. i wish FMIC piping and an all black mishi core werent so sexy...its so tempting but ill save some money, keep my rare part and have quicker spool. as for power differences because of the TMIC v. FMIC i assume theyll be pretty close but im not really looking for number anyway. as long as im over 250 whp /tq ill be happy :D

#615 ·
Car looks great! I do like the fact that you are going for a show build but still add some go and don't completely ruin the car by adding 5< Degrees of negative camber on low offset wheels. For your build, have you considered getting flares before buying new wheels? I have never seen a flared bugeye with Morettes and I think you could really stand out even more and be able to run wider wheels/tires. Just my .02! I've always wanted to flare my bugeye but $$$$ are not there for anything else than what I have!

P.S. your Insta account is awesome! Congrats on being Instagram famous lol

#619 ·
haha thank you! and ive considered running flares more times than id like to admit but just cant convince myself to cut the rear section yet. the front end is easy for fender trimming but cutting that rear section is costly if you ever decide you dont want the flares. the dealbreaker was karlton flares are not made anymore..so if i were to get in an accident id have a really hard time finding flares again. ill stick with the stock fenders but will roll them, maybe pull and run a decently meaty tire.

#620 ·
thank you! its getting there, will always be something id like to do to it to make it stand out more and quicker but $$$. im really content where it is but the paint isnt the greatest and some of my new parts are different colors which OD dip will be the cure until i can afford a full repaint. as for power levels ill be happy making around 300whp..until she blows up :D

#621 ·
bought some random 17.5g turbo from some douchelord on here, think his username was something like Sacks or something. tons of shaft play and all beat up but i think itll do the trick.

now time to get tgv deletes or to delete the stock ones and port and polish them.

so TGV deletes and SS turbo oil feed line and the engine parts list is "complete" for now, will of course post some random pics and stories (since i know something will go wrong) in the spring...now i get to stare at all these parts until then..

#624 ·
yea i have quite the engine mod install pile, the 17.5g and all the supporting mods. have to get some help holding the top of the EWG down after i have it powdercoated because those springs are hard to push down haha. also it randomly snowed here in SEPA last night so driving home from work with the summer tires on wasnt too fun, got home safely though. trying to work out a deal for a trade for my seats for a winter setup but if that doesnt work out i should be getting a set tomorrow anyway. if i cant find any nice all seasons at my part guys place i will buy some used wrx wheels and then buy new winter tires

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.