Subaru WRX Forum banner

Ermahgerd! Ruh Roh's burgeye burld threard

110K views 715 replies 48 participants last post by  michaelwfox 
#1 · (Edited)
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Here is my build thread, not every mod I have is listed in here but just ones i happen to take pictures of. She's a DD build, going for a mean looking bugeye that i turn back to look at every time i park, something that has a little rumble and can make me smile when i hit the gas. :)
for info on mods or where to get them or anything just comment or message me :)
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Purchased stock on December 20th with 71,500ish miles on her. Shes my daily driver but we still have fun spending quailty time driving and modding. Im looking for a fun to drive daily that i could use lightly in some auto x. Right now my setup is where i want it for my budget and it being a daily. Always want moar low and moar fast but dont have the money to spend.

So anyway lets start. Before the WRX i drove a 1995 jeep cherokee, 1993 240sx and had my 2004 gsxr 1000.

Always looking for cars i stumbled upon this wild bugeye sitting at a sketchy dealer. Test drove it, fell in love. Had 3 vehicles and not enough money for the car :/ told the guy id be back to buy it and i didnt want to trade my vehicles in for half of what i could sell them for. checked the wrx and had some mechanics look at it all good. so a week later i sold my jeep, 240sx and got a loan for the rest of the car. Great success! *Borat voice*

Factory options on my car were upgraded sound system, short shifter, sti scoop, rear cargo net, carbon fiber trim, dimming compass mirror, wheel locks, and factory mudflaps.

Got new inspection, emissions, 4 new tires from the dealer and was good to go.

I take alot of pics so had to narrow it down for the thread :/ but heres the stock ones

Some new KYB GR-2's with Epic Springs, Also got some Rota DPT's 17x8 +48i :) Nexen n3000 225's which are meh.

Shes been on a few sort of far road trips like to Maryland for OCMD AWD week meet, New York, NJ beaches and love the reliability.

Heres my friends silver bugeye and another at the AWD meet ion OCMD

I wanted a little more rumble but wanted to keep it classy so i went with an autospeed turboback exhaust

Wanted more fast so went stage 2 with parts from Kronos performance

Cobb Accessport- also came with Hella horns :), Grimspeed uppipe, and running the 93 octane stage 2 tune.

I went with an Accessport because i know that i will get a different turbo setup soon and will want a protune so that way i can resell the AP and get some money back towards a protune.

Changed the trans fluid and rear diff with some Extra-S 75w-90 at 83,888 miles.

I ordered brakes from KNS brakes, id order with them again-fast shipping/good packing. i ordered the H6 upgrade kit which is the larger rear caliper brackets and the larger rear rotors, centric premium rotors, stoptech street pads. Im happy with this setup for a daily driver.

3/3/13 sway bar setups installed.engine bay as of now.

teh garage

See less See more
#563 ·
Well got her done. Just waiting on middle oem lip which should be hete any day then putting the s204 under that then exterior is done. Loveeeeee the ride of the coilovers. Not to stiff, even with the seats I have, not bouncy at all either. Preload is set 5mm conpressed than the total length on each spring and dampening is stock settings for front and rear and I feel no need to change it right now. Here's some pics.

pics to come..phones being a douche.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

#567 ·
Looks awesome buddy, canards look mean. Glad you're liking the coils.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

#568 ·
That looks great Mark! Stance is nice. About similar to what my STI looked like. How are they riding?

#570 ·
yup not too low and they ride a lot better than i expected..would love to see what a KW v3 feels like for the cost..

it feels how i wanted it to feel so im really excited something worked out for once. theyre not bouncy at all and not too soft and not too stiff. after a bump they rise nicely and not too soft to make them bouncy and not too slow to prepare for the next bump. im content with them lol. no clunking, or hearing the coilovers at all and i still have my rear seats out. doesnt rub over bumps or when im flying around exit ramps either :)

it was a big but nice change from winters, stock seats and my old suspension compared to this but it was a good change. the swapping of just the seats you could feel the bumps a little harsher but not too much since they are a lot more comfortable than they look (still need to post pics of the seats).

but happy for now :) you can sit in it next time i see you of course

#572 ·
#575 ·
Some of us enjoy gangster leaning in our fixed back seats.

Getonourlevel

When did you pick those up? And whom provided you with the hookup?

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

#576 ·
i like how they sit and don't really need the recline..

got both seats with bases on both for $600 which is like 1/3 of total price for everything lol. local friend didn't want em anymore

#577 ·
well heres some pics from fresh meet spring bash in camden this sunday. the white bug is Ohnokevbo (i forget the spelling, but he's a member in here.) after this i then put my s204 lip under the 3 piece oem lip and i have about 3.5" clearance on the front lip now. drove to and from work, 40 mins each way and didn't scrape besides pulling out of my driveway. i may take the s204 lip of because i don't want to reverrse out of my parking space at home and pull the s204 which is plastic and mess up the fiberglass middle piece in the 3 piece oem lip since it was like 100$ and still looks great with just the oem lip. i will post a pic of the stacked setup which i like but just wish it didn't scrape :/ it will most likely come off soon :/

the coil overs I'm really happy with and still ride great with a ride that isn't bouncy, isnt too firm, doesn't bottom out on bumps or make the car jump because its so stiff. great ride and would def recommend them for someone who wants a similar or lower ride height on a budget. id buy these any day over my old kyb and epic setup.

more pics from fresh meet

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.676294782418631.1073741846.515631691818275&type=1

#578 ·
on another note i replaced one relay and got my morettes to work again..with one relay in and my high beams on i finally got the high beams to work but the 10 amp inline fuse from the battery to the lights started to melt and smoke.. the relays i replaced were the same amp and same type of relay so idk why or what was happening so then i made a 20a inline fuse/fuse holder and it doesn't smoke/melt/or get hot..sooo i think its ok for now until another relay or something goes..

the white car has a simplified morette wiring setup and uses no relays. my car uses 1 on pass light and 2 on driver light..and its a mess but they worked when i got them and work again now soo i dunno.

#579 ·
I REALLY love that other one. It's fresh as ****. Not saying yours isn't, but damn they're both nice.

P.s, never go fixed seat.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

#580 ·
well think i have this problem..

http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/gener...2132-passenger-side-water-leak-wet-floor.html

drove to work and had heater with defrost on, fan on, high heat. smelt a burning smell and smelled hot last few days and today before work..

after worked started car. noticed a sound that sounded like whoosing and water running like behind down pipe area near floor mat then i noticed floor mat and floor were soaked.. when i turned the fan off the washing machine sloshing noise stopped soo I've talked to a few ppl and i hope its a clogged hvac drain or and not a burst line. didn't smell like coolant or feel that way. smelled like water..will diagnose and report.

#581 ·
moar pics.

random pics taken at fresh meet. car now has the s204 under it so ihas like 3" clearance..

after wash, rain, rewash, clay bar, and wax.

i think these are +38 offset not 48..but me gusta.

#582 ·
also those pics are straight from camera, not edited at all^^ idk about the one taken of me but the ones in the driveway. dem wheels doe.

#586 ·
thanks :D need to post a good shot with the other lip on.. somehow i haven't ripped it off yet..but I'm sure when I'm do il also break the nice fiberglass one and mess up my front bumper too.. I've ripped down back roads and been fine but i guess I'm just asking for it haha form and function ;)

#587 ·
have checked that drain tube is attached under dash and exits firewall like it should, drain tube is not melted at all. will pry something up there to see if clogged and will check coolant overflow to see if low and maybe its coolant leaking in..but i dont think so. ive had my experiences with leaking coolant and know how it smells and feels and it feel like good ol h20 to me.

#588 ·
before leaving work the other day started her up and still made the weird noise. drove home and started tinkering. took the glovebox off, cabin filter out, turned on the fan and no noise.. blower motor inside was not wet..cabin air filter wasnt wet.. just the floor. pulled up the carpet and it was wet. no traces of water really anywhere. the accoridan style hose on the bottom of blower motor had no water or traces of water..

my conclusion:
car has been mostly garage kept since ive owned it. the last 2 years she lived inside and at work was parked in the parking garage. so this was one of the hardest rain storms we have had and im thinking i have a leak in one of the trim pieces somewhere. next time it rains ill try to look for any signs of water getting in..but until then car drives fine, normal coolant levels, doesnt overheat, just got a little wet somehow.. soo to be continued but hopefully not...

looking forward to a special meat this weekend with some friends doe. hoping the roads will be fine after the storm we just had an going to send an email asking if he has taken the fun run route again to make sure roads are not closed or theres no giant potholes/etc.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.