Subaru WRX Forum banner

Ermahgerd! Ruh Roh's burgeye burld threard

110K views 715 replies 48 participants last post by  michaelwfox 
#1 · (Edited)
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Here is my build thread, not every mod I have is listed in here but just ones i happen to take pictures of. She's a DD build, going for a mean looking bugeye that i turn back to look at every time i park, something that has a little rumble and can make me smile when i hit the gas. :)
for info on mods or where to get them or anything just comment or message me :)
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Purchased stock on December 20th with 71,500ish miles on her. Shes my daily driver but we still have fun spending quailty time driving and modding. Im looking for a fun to drive daily that i could use lightly in some auto x. Right now my setup is where i want it for my budget and it being a daily. Always want moar low and moar fast but dont have the money to spend.

So anyway lets start. Before the WRX i drove a 1995 jeep cherokee, 1993 240sx and had my 2004 gsxr 1000.

Always looking for cars i stumbled upon this wild bugeye sitting at a sketchy dealer. Test drove it, fell in love. Had 3 vehicles and not enough money for the car :/ told the guy id be back to buy it and i didnt want to trade my vehicles in for half of what i could sell them for. checked the wrx and had some mechanics look at it all good. so a week later i sold my jeep, 240sx and got a loan for the rest of the car. Great success! *Borat voice*

Factory options on my car were upgraded sound system, short shifter, sti scoop, rear cargo net, carbon fiber trim, dimming compass mirror, wheel locks, and factory mudflaps.

Got new inspection, emissions, 4 new tires from the dealer and was good to go.

I take alot of pics so had to narrow it down for the thread :/ but heres the stock ones

Some new KYB GR-2's with Epic Springs, Also got some Rota DPT's 17x8 +48i :) Nexen n3000 225's which are meh.

Shes been on a few sort of far road trips like to Maryland for OCMD AWD week meet, New York, NJ beaches and love the reliability.

Heres my friends silver bugeye and another at the AWD meet ion OCMD

I wanted a little more rumble but wanted to keep it classy so i went with an autospeed turboback exhaust

Wanted more fast so went stage 2 with parts from Kronos performance

Cobb Accessport- also came with Hella horns :), Grimspeed uppipe, and running the 93 octane stage 2 tune.

I went with an Accessport because i know that i will get a different turbo setup soon and will want a protune so that way i can resell the AP and get some money back towards a protune.

Changed the trans fluid and rear diff with some Extra-S 75w-90 at 83,888 miles.

I ordered brakes from KNS brakes, id order with them again-fast shipping/good packing. i ordered the H6 upgrade kit which is the larger rear caliper brackets and the larger rear rotors, centric premium rotors, stoptech street pads. Im happy with this setup for a daily driver.

3/3/13 sway bar setups installed.engine bay as of now.

teh garage

See less See more
#531 ·
dropping off my wheels, perrin alt shroud and hella horn covers off tmmrw for powdercoating. should be picking them up beginning of april :)

scheduled my appointment on april 24th for alignment/coilover height adjustment (electronically measured)/ summer wheel mount and balance and ill put my new muteki sr48 open ended extended gold chrome lugs on as well. then she will be ready for the spring/summer :)

ill be purchasing coilovers beginning of april and then drive for a day or two on my winter wheel setup until appointment day. early april plans will be to install new lip setup/ hella 500ff's/ other little things. cant waittt..but my wallet can.. then after all this time to save and pay all of this stuff off and as much of my one loan off before school loan payments hit me :eek:

#532 ·
dropped parts off for powdercoating today, will have them mid april. black pearl for the wheels. almost exact to harley davidson black pearl paint. transparent gold for the hella horn cages and perrin alt shorud with the raised perrin logo black. cant wait to see everything done.

#533 ·
well i just moved on the 31st and no longer have a garage to park in, the one car garage we have is storage space now on :/ ill miss the luxury but oh well back to driveway installations.

so my powdercoating should be done right around my birthday, the 10th, maybe a few days after. just need it by the 22nd at the latest.

BC BR coilovers order and will be shipped to be for $925, i was going to go with the ISC n1's but they were out of stock and wouldve taken a while to get in.

counting down the days until i get the coils then the install and alignment on the 24th, really cant wait.

still need to order the hella 500ff's, sylvania lightbulbs for the morettes (silverstar i think-whatever is the brightest), and then just install everything and the new little front end mods. waiting for parts from the gf for my bday so the car will get some nice little touches. hope to be all done by may so we shall see :))

#535 ·
painting my calipers tomorrow so then i can just install coils, put wheels on and everything will look good and not fresh wheels and rusty 02 brakes :/

and ordered my hella 500ff driving lights for the fog lights (when a bulb burns out ill replace with 100w lights) and ordered phillips xtreme vision h7 lights for the low beams of my morettes and hopefully fixed the wiring for my low beam pass light. wont know until i get the lightbulbs in. i went with the phillips because ive heard/read good reviews and from personal expeerience and reading reviews about the sylvania silverstars they really dont last that long.

#536 ·
calipers painted, parts are here, waiting for oem 3 piece lip middle section, powdercoating to be done and coilovers should be here this coming week.

this weekend will be lots of little things being done and will finally take some pics and post them up.

#537 ·
calipers painted, parts are here, waiting for oem 3 piece lip middle section, powdercoating to be done and coilovers should be here this coming week.

this weekend will be lots of little things being done and will finally take some pics and post them up.

#540 ·
If the weather forecast holds, that may make 3 of us. :beerchug:

It's gonna be mafackin gooooorgeous.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

#543 ·
well im slacking with pics. for sneak peeks check out my instagram 1B4DBUG .

front end pieces like oem 3 piece lip installed.. waiting on middle piece of lip to be shipped still since it didnt come with it..so its a 2 piece lip now lol

s204 lip will go under that after car is lowered and aligned.

wheels, shroud and hella cages are back from powdercoating and love love love the wheel color. harley davidson black pearl im so much happier with that a hyper black color from rota. cant wait to see them on the car shined up.

installing hella horns again once i get a chance with the new cages that look gold but sort of copper..

the hella 500ff install went smoothly and i cut and soldered the stock harness to make it work with the new fogs, no problems at all. stilll aiming them but theyre bright as fawk and drove home in the dark with just them the other day.

my morettes are bright with the new phillips xtremevision bulbs but i think one relay is bad and making my highbeams not switch on. so with lights on the pass side headlight doesnt work. the only way i can have normal low beam lights is with the hiugh beam on (but no highbeam lights work). so i think one relay is bad. ill replace that and if not theyre getting simplified wiring rather than 2 relays and lots of mumbo jumbo going on.

coilovers came in today, ISC N1's. had some shipping confusion but RT Tuning took care of me.

have less than a week to install coilovers and alignment is on the 24th. shooting for monday-weds for install time weather depending, id like to have them installed monday then have two days to drive around on th winter setup to see how they feel.

summers will be mounted and balanced by RT Tuning before my alignment that day and installed with some nice gold chrome muteki sr48 extended open ended lugs.

hoping to have everything done besides the lip setup by may, because shipping time on the lips.

pics will be updated soon after i clean my engine bay and take some of everything.

#544 · (Edited)
alrighty well here we go. the gold heat tape is DEI heat tape and just for my intercooler i used a whole roll of 1" x 15'. had to order more for the alt shroud, rad shroud, intake. while my intake was of i cleaned the MAF and slipped on the AEM dryflow prefilter.

wheels are harley davidson black chrome, alt shroud and hella cages are candy gold transparent. the top and bottom of the alt shroud are heat taped because the brightness of the DEI tape made my gold powdercoiating look tan..

the stock wrx fog lights are bigger than teh hellas so the overlays i bought from Crux moto just needed to be trimmed. some air bubbles were boundd to happen while installing but a blowdryer and rubbing it out helped..hehe. the stock wire soldering/heat shrink wrap was simple and couldve been just have used a little crimp but meh i like to do some things somewhat right. (or as far as i know how to)

with no instructions to the Kartboy fog light mounts and what little common sense i have i assume they go this way.. the hella bolt was too big to go through so the drill had to come out.. and broke the bit on the last drilling through so that made me hate life more. but worked fine and they are on there securely. also hella gave me one bolt unthreaded fml soo had to go to pepboys and do some tinkering with a new box of hella 500s.. gotta do what you gotta do on install day to get stuff done..

the becauseracecar canards give me all the downforce and honestly, i absolutely love how they look. if you see another bug with the same ones let me know lol. but did some good ol fashioned eye measuring while laying in the grass on my side and drilling some random holes and they came out quite even and dont look bad to me. for those who see them in person you can see if theyre straight..look straight to me.. (,)__(')

also painted my calipers a little bit ago and took a before pic... but forgot the after...but theyre black shiny now and look bauce.

#545 ·
also i know someone will catch it the black tube in front of the TMIC is off because it was getting painted black thats why that wire looks all loose, usually its ziptied and all nice like in pic 2 which was taken with a flash so makes everything look funny too.

monday coilover install..hopefully, then summer mount, balance and install thurs. then just need to add horns again then front lips and good to gooooooo. until engine mods..

#548 · (Edited)
Coilovers installed. Did the front end with each side done in about 45 mins. When I first started I did the rears first and had a friend stop by to help which really just slowed me down. Listened to him about setting the ride height because he has bc coilovers and he put the threaded tube flush with the bottom of the strut body. Well that made my wheel come up to my fender so was super low.. I just want my tire to be flush with fender. So I had to take that side off again and then did 2/3 of strut body had threading in it. But aside from that problem which wouldnt have happend if I didnt have someone's input..

the first side I put the strut through the top and put the 3 nuts on the strutmount bolts but couldnt get the bottom bracket of coilover to fit right because the stock metal hub/whatchamacallit has an elevated part on the side so just was a super PITA to get to fit. Listened to him on that part and wasted time trying to pry it and get it in but then he left so I tried it my way.

So then just bolted up the bottoms first, put a jack under the control arm area then jackedd it up and lined the strut mount into place then pushed it around until I got it in the holes.

Worked great and then I finished the other side super quick and had a better guess where to set the ride height. Ride height and preload for front and back are both set equal per Side. Right now the rear end is about an inch and a half lower than I want and front is about stock height. Sooo I have a little drag car stance right now but idc because they'll be set when I go for alignment to the height I want with my summer wheels on.

Had to drop the sway bars to get enough clearance to take out the struts that were on before putting coilovers on. The front I did each side at a time and reconnected the ending to sway after installing the coil. The rear I made the mistake of leaving the sway off with bolts out after rear coil install and then I had to crawl under a really low end to put bolts in. Had to jack up left side a tad to get the bolt through thr effing hole. That took more time than I wanted..

Put a new relay in my hellas so now with highbeams on I get my highbeams and liberals..how it should be.. but before with high beams on I only got both low beams. Still im having the problem of with lowbeams on with just headlight switch on only one lowbeams goes on..the driver side. So ill have to do some wiring one day when bored..not too worried since I put a new relay in I can have highs and lows on at same time or my sidemarkes and just my big hellas which I can see about 1k yards with haha. Whats sexy is the hella cutoff is like the same as my morette cutoff. So nice and ao bright :):) very pleased with thr Phillips xtremes.

Pics will be up after alignment. Teasers on instagram like usual :)

also couldn't really get a great feeling of what the suspension rode like..since i had about 100lbs in the trunk of tools including my 70lb jack.. and my car sitting in it felt like i was popping a wheelie since i had stock height up front and tucking about 1.5" tire in the rear haha. but it rode nice, didn't scrape even though how ridiculously low the rear is. don't worry ill post pics, its laughable. i did scrape my side skirt pulling up the driveway at an angle then 3 wheeled it up the driveway until flat..which i get a kick out of..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

#551 ·
Well its balls to the walls windy out so don't feel like freezing and washing my car quite yet. But today ill pribably install my sideskirts but I will install my hellas.

Here's pics from other day.
Got this new low pro jack for my bday and I loveeeeee it. Harbor freight ftw. Pic of installed coilover is front end and like 3" too high lol.

Better pic of engine bay

Rear is too low..

#555 ·
wut he said ^^

sh*t is D-LUXXX

but really i can't say because only preload is set where ride height is too low in the rear and way too high in the front. tmmrw on the ride home i can then give an opinion..but also with racing seats and summers is going to be a big change from stock seats and fat squishy winter tires.

on the way home i didn't rub in the rear somehow over bumps.. and it wasn't bouncy and rode quite nice actually so pretty eager to see how it feels once its set how its supposed to be

#560 ·
Wait...if you got that stuff PC'd gold, then why did you cover it in gold tape?

#562 ·
I got the alt cover and hella cages powdercoated gold. The cages stayed like that but the alt cover was taped on the top and bottom visible parts and middle was left the powdercoated look because the heat tape gold is so bright it made the gold of the alt cover look tan lol. Couldn't have it all mismatched and ugly lol. Looks great and gold when not in the bay but then looks tan in the bay :/

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.