Subaru WRX Forum banner

Ermahgerd! Ruh Roh's burgeye burld threard

110K views 715 replies 48 participants last post by  michaelwfox 
#1 · (Edited)
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Here is my build thread, not every mod I have is listed in here but just ones i happen to take pictures of. She's a DD build, going for a mean looking bugeye that i turn back to look at every time i park, something that has a little rumble and can make me smile when i hit the gas. :)
for info on mods or where to get them or anything just comment or message me :)
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Purchased stock on December 20th with 71,500ish miles on her. Shes my daily driver but we still have fun spending quailty time driving and modding. Im looking for a fun to drive daily that i could use lightly in some auto x. Right now my setup is where i want it for my budget and it being a daily. Always want moar low and moar fast but dont have the money to spend.

So anyway lets start. Before the WRX i drove a 1995 jeep cherokee, 1993 240sx and had my 2004 gsxr 1000.

Always looking for cars i stumbled upon this wild bugeye sitting at a sketchy dealer. Test drove it, fell in love. Had 3 vehicles and not enough money for the car :/ told the guy id be back to buy it and i didnt want to trade my vehicles in for half of what i could sell them for. checked the wrx and had some mechanics look at it all good. so a week later i sold my jeep, 240sx and got a loan for the rest of the car. Great success! *Borat voice*

Factory options on my car were upgraded sound system, short shifter, sti scoop, rear cargo net, carbon fiber trim, dimming compass mirror, wheel locks, and factory mudflaps.

Got new inspection, emissions, 4 new tires from the dealer and was good to go.

I take alot of pics so had to narrow it down for the thread :/ but heres the stock ones

Some new KYB GR-2's with Epic Springs, Also got some Rota DPT's 17x8 +48i :) Nexen n3000 225's which are meh.

Shes been on a few sort of far road trips like to Maryland for OCMD AWD week meet, New York, NJ beaches and love the reliability.

Heres my friends silver bugeye and another at the AWD meet ion OCMD

I wanted a little more rumble but wanted to keep it classy so i went with an autospeed turboback exhaust

Wanted more fast so went stage 2 with parts from Kronos performance

Cobb Accessport- also came with Hella horns :), Grimspeed uppipe, and running the 93 octane stage 2 tune.

I went with an Accessport because i know that i will get a different turbo setup soon and will want a protune so that way i can resell the AP and get some money back towards a protune.

Changed the trans fluid and rear diff with some Extra-S 75w-90 at 83,888 miles.

I ordered brakes from KNS brakes, id order with them again-fast shipping/good packing. i ordered the H6 upgrade kit which is the larger rear caliper brackets and the larger rear rotors, centric premium rotors, stoptech street pads. Im happy with this setup for a daily driver.

3/3/13 sway bar setups installed.engine bay as of now.

teh garage

See less See more
#499 ·
I have an extra clock in my garage if you need/want it. Just let me know.

Your ride into work sounds a lot like mine. I got two chips in my windshield last year, but have been avoiding the deer and small game pretty well too. They are everywhere though. One of the reasons why I never purchased a front lip, with my luck I'd hit something and rip it off the first week I had it on, lol.

Your pics aren't working, btw.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

#500 ·
oh ok cool ill have to txt you and get some pics to see what all you have but ill take it lol. not sure about the pics, photobucket is blocked at work but thanks for the heads up ill check it out.

i just bought an oem bugeye lip but the middle piece is missing due to getting ripped off in the snow by the P.O., but thats fine by me because i was going to get a lip under it anyway. i was looking at a CS hawkeye rep but alittle too ricey for the front i think so ill go with the clean looking hawkeye s204 like i had before.

#502 ·
ohhhh lol gotcha haha. will txt you once all this crazy weather stops and maybe stop up for the clock...unless its only a few dollars from Pete, since hes much closer.

#504 ·
That's why you always email yourself critical documents. Or back everything up to flash drives or external HDDs.

#505 ·
i did but it was an older doc. oh well, some links were old lol.

cant wait to get my car together with the new summer pieces. need to start getting my wheel color samples done :D

#506 ·
any input on colors for the pf01's? ive been thinking hyper black, black chrome, titanium chrome but also have had some thoughts about a dark chrome gold colorrrr.... the gold may be a little much but i dunno... dont think i can go wrong with the hyper black variants :/ decisions decisions..

#507 ·
I personally, love the dark gold colors. They've always been my favorite. Other than that, black is beautiful.

#508 ·
Other than that, black is beautiful.
Knew you liked dat chocolate :pedobear:

Karlton flares look awesome btw. much want. so stance. wow. just not practical for me now:/ maybe one day when shes a track only car or something lol

once i get the front end appearance things done and my wheels powdercoated and on ill be looking next into coilovers for moar stancenation low and will do 2 autox days at least this sprig/summer. #SubieGoalsBrah after that thennn ill do some more powa modz. ewg, 16G, 255fuel pump, turbo inlet, tgv delete.

#510 ·
so im pretty sure the battery in my car needs to go(still starts strong doe).. its been getting super corroded and i clean it off and it keeps coming back the plastic has a crack in it... ive had the car for a little over 2 years and its had the same battery so i can put out teh monies for a new one. also since my tie down is kind of being melted away i got a kartboy tie down from teh gurlfrendz. also for valentines day i got beef jerky and a box of ammo. win. pics will be updated when i install. ordering battery tomorrow :) just an advance auto class 35 gold battery. no need for a yellow top or anything,

#513 · (Edited)
still gathering parts to put on in the spring, hoping to get some powdercoat samples for wheels (hyper black) and if i pick up a perrin alt shroud this weekend thatll be getting powder coated a chrome gold with the hella horn covers :) cant waitttttttttttttttttttt

#514 ·
went to get dinner with the Gf and noticed a pickup truck stuck in the snow in the parking lot. went over to pull him out and asked if a family could move their minivan and they said they were stuck too. got to pull out a minivan and a pickup truck out of the snow :) win.

#515 ·
prior to the install of my mishi rad i had an upper rad hose leak which was a hole in the hose, which i replaced with a new hose. when i installed the mishi rad i used the same oem replacement hoses and this upper rad hose was only a few months old. after install the upper rad hose started leaking where it attaches because the hose because loose because the clamp over time smooshed the rubber hose down. of course all my hose clamps i had at home were a larger size than i needed since i couldnt tighten the clamp i had installed any tighter..

so a few days ago i went new hose clamps and why i was at it bought a new upper rad hose, OEM. ..$13ish so no big deal. installed, all good, no leaks. of course tonight it started to leak again while i let it warm up to go to work..

when i put the clamp on i tigthened it firm enough so it wouldnt leak but soft enough where i didnt feel it was squishing the rubber down to cause the same problem as before?

sooo question is, how do i deal with these POS hoses?

A-get a silicone one?

B- continue tightening it down until it full smushes down then buy a smaller hose clamp..

C- unknown

D-get a new wife

getting tired of dealing with this stupid problem then having my belts squeak every derive because they have coolant on them..

#520 ·
yea for the price of rubber and ease of installation i rather not the silicone. they do last longer(so i hear) before digging in, and look great but don't feel like spending the money on them.

pete, i looked around and finally found bolt clamps at pepboys, went to install and they were about 1/4' too big fml. so i will be ordering smaller ones.

#521 ·
today after i wake up i shall interview for a new job, then take a bunch of engine bay bolts off, label each so i know where to put it back, go to lowes and use their nice little thread "screw in" chart thing and measure each bolt so i can then make a count of all the sizes i need to order in some goldddddd brah. **BLING BLING** t

hen will order another front end piece tmmrw because i need it to get here to know what size holes it already has in it so i can order the rivets to attach it.
because madJDMracecarpartsbro#illest

next week should be going up with the gf to RT Tuning to get my Muteki sr48 open ended extended gold chrome lugs and dropping off my passenger side skirt for repaint -__-

thennn after that going to drop off my wheels for powdercoating (hyper black) and perrin alt shroud (gold chrome) bling bling ka ching ching $$$$ **** $$$$

thenn i move at the end of this month, bday on the 10th (getting car parts :D ), install all dat stuff i get and the new hella driving lights to replace the stock fogs (stock fogs will go on my winter bumper for next year) then be fully in sprig/summer mode!!!!

#524 ·
This. Though I do appreciate his drunken ramblings about bling and such.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

#526 ·
anyway just ordered a new T66 turbo for my Spoon engine with NOS, MoTec Exhaust system anddd Kartboy Hella light brackets, Hella 500 clear rock shield covers, more overnight parts from Japan, crux moto yellow vinyl overlays and some gold bolts for teh engine bay for flatfoot shifting powa. amen.

will be ordering or just going to the store to get the hella 500ff driving lights, sylvania (whatever top quality) bulb is for the morettes then just need to get wheels, hella horns, perrin alt shroud powder coated, then do some installs with some other bday parts i have coming and have a happy little bugeye by april 20th. thenn by end of May i hope to have some Grimmspeed hood struts on her and coilovers.

#530 ·
Car belt/pulley squeaking for like two months. Finally decide to diagnose/fix it, start the car up and no squeak regreased idler puller and tightened up belt because it was a little loose. No squeak..but cant hear over my intake at highway speed also not sure if my exhaust leak sounds like a belt squeal as well.. o_O

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.