Subaru WRX Forum banner

Ermahgerd! Ruh Roh's burgeye burld threard

110K views 715 replies 48 participants last post by  michaelwfox 
#1 · (Edited)
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Here is my build thread, not every mod I have is listed in here but just ones i happen to take pictures of. She's a DD build, going for a mean looking bugeye that i turn back to look at every time i park, something that has a little rumble and can make me smile when i hit the gas. :)
for info on mods or where to get them or anything just comment or message me :)
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Purchased stock on December 20th with 71,500ish miles on her. Shes my daily driver but we still have fun spending quailty time driving and modding. Im looking for a fun to drive daily that i could use lightly in some auto x. Right now my setup is where i want it for my budget and it being a daily. Always want moar low and moar fast but dont have the money to spend.

So anyway lets start. Before the WRX i drove a 1995 jeep cherokee, 1993 240sx and had my 2004 gsxr 1000.

Always looking for cars i stumbled upon this wild bugeye sitting at a sketchy dealer. Test drove it, fell in love. Had 3 vehicles and not enough money for the car :/ told the guy id be back to buy it and i didnt want to trade my vehicles in for half of what i could sell them for. checked the wrx and had some mechanics look at it all good. so a week later i sold my jeep, 240sx and got a loan for the rest of the car. Great success! *Borat voice*

Factory options on my car were upgraded sound system, short shifter, sti scoop, rear cargo net, carbon fiber trim, dimming compass mirror, wheel locks, and factory mudflaps.

Got new inspection, emissions, 4 new tires from the dealer and was good to go.

I take alot of pics so had to narrow it down for the thread :/ but heres the stock ones

Some new KYB GR-2's with Epic Springs, Also got some Rota DPT's 17x8 +48i :) Nexen n3000 225's which are meh.

Shes been on a few sort of far road trips like to Maryland for OCMD AWD week meet, New York, NJ beaches and love the reliability.

Heres my friends silver bugeye and another at the AWD meet ion OCMD

I wanted a little more rumble but wanted to keep it classy so i went with an autospeed turboback exhaust

Wanted more fast so went stage 2 with parts from Kronos performance

Cobb Accessport- also came with Hella horns :), Grimspeed uppipe, and running the 93 octane stage 2 tune.

I went with an Accessport because i know that i will get a different turbo setup soon and will want a protune so that way i can resell the AP and get some money back towards a protune.

Changed the trans fluid and rear diff with some Extra-S 75w-90 at 83,888 miles.

I ordered brakes from KNS brakes, id order with them again-fast shipping/good packing. i ordered the H6 upgrade kit which is the larger rear caliper brackets and the larger rear rotors, centric premium rotors, stoptech street pads. Im happy with this setup for a daily driver.

3/3/13 sway bar setups installed.engine bay as of now.

teh garage

See less See more
#466 ·
even though i just got those headlights and refinished them I'm pretty sure I'm trading them for stock ones plus fog light covers then selling the fog covers. then ill repaint the stock headlights and sell those too lol. sold one of my grills i made and hopefully this old fender. need the monies!!!

#467 ·
I thought you wanted fog covers to put on...you confuse the **** out of me.

#471 ·
Oh boy....I think I know what you're saving all the monies for...

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

#477 ·
sold my front lip setup, winter front bumper, stock fender, fog light covers, old trunk and now just need to sell my wheels and then get a job and hopefully if things go well by the end of summer can have her looking how i want her

#479 ·
oh don't worry i will :) and save lots of money too, a member from this site is in my car club and he saved a ton on his new turbo setup and supporting mods

#482 ·
sold my front lip setup, winter front bumper, stock fender, fog light covers, old trunk and now just need to sell my wheels and then get a job and hopefully if things go well by the end of summer can have her looking how i want her
Need more details. I can keep an eye out on for used stuff if you would like, since I'm looking pretty frequently.

#483 ·
well ill most likely buy everything new and have to get a full time job first lol. but thank ya! let me know what you need and i can look

#484 ·
welp, the plastic piece where top rad hose connects onto the radiator finally broke all the way off. it broke before so clamped it back on, burped system and drove until it happened 2 more times. broke moar each time and this time theres like nothing left to even connect it to..so mishi owl-u-minium rad purchased this morning from PMP auto specialties (thanks pete once again!) and hoping to get here tmmrw afternoon and by nighttime will have a running car once again.

will post pics. think i may take grimmspeed radiator tool tray heatshiled off so i can show my mishi-bling but prob leave it on.

id like to get it powder coated another color...was factory red, now is wrinkle black but want a color scheme for engine bay..perhaps yellow or a gold/amber color.

so yea hopefully a "fun" filled day tmmrw and den who knows whats next.

purchased some illest side skirt things but will put those on in the spring.

need to purchase another front lip setup but I'm going to try to be a little creative on it.

spring/summer plans - BC or feal coil overs. need moar low. the epic and kyb setup isn't cutting it. its the struts, need adjustable and moar firm. these are too mushy and not low enough. will also need to make some wood ramps to get out of driveway when hellaloaw.

peace out *kip voice*

#486 ·
well the plastic piece on the stock radiator finally broke fully so mishi upgrade

selling my powder coated wrinkle black 02-07 wrx because it now doesn't fit the new rad because it hits where the cap goes -__-

#491 ·
Cut my rad shroud to fit the new rad

Oem lip bought from Niko.

He actually went moar low later that day. Hopefully will buy his rear diffuser when he sells it

Traded my rotas for enkeis. 17x8 +38 offset.

Will be getting there powder coated. I want a titanium chrome color

Stopped to play

Plans are to get wheels powdercoated, install lip, order another, install bottom line sideskitts I have, repaint passneger sideskirt, get new headlight low beam bulbs for morettes sincenone went out. I want 04-05 or 06-07 tails and wire red halos in them to light up when braking. Depending on funds I may get a stock rear diffuser. Id like to get coilovers but not sure what I want. Id like to spend around a grand. Options are feals, bc, isc n1, or id like to get kw var1's. Ill dee when the time comes. Need moar low and moar stiff. Ewg and some other engine goodies like install myninjectors, furl pump and prob a 16g then dyno tune time at rt. Hopingto get a good amount done this spring and summer and go to a lot of shows and meets. Cant wait :)

#493 ·
Plans are to get wheels powdercoated, install lip, order another, install bottom line sideskitts I have, repaint passneger sideskirt, get new headlight low beam bulbs for morettes sincenone went out. I want 04-05 or 06-07 tails and wire red halos in them to light up when braking. Depending on funds I may get a stock rear diffuser. Id like to get coilovers but not sure what I want. Id like to spend around a grand. Options are feals, bc, isc n1, or id like to get kw var1's. Ill dee when the time comes. Need moar low and moar stiff. Ewg and some other engine goodies like install myninjectors, furl pump and prob a 16g then dyno tune time at rt. Hopingto get a good amount done this spring and summer and go to a lot of shows and meets. Cant wait :)
Bro, check these out:

HVT Coilover (GD 5x100)

If I were you, I'd give those a shot. Keep in mind you'll need to reserve some funds for at least front camber plates if you go the HVT or KW route. But depending on what you choose, it won't be too pricey (Whiteline Com-C's come to mind) and it'll drive a **** ton better.

But if you're looking for more of a stanced look, I would go with the Feal coilovers. The HVT's and the KW's are going to limit how low you can go since there is no independent height adjustment, but they are going to drive way better than the others. You'll just have to pick which way you want to go.

Just my .02. :beerchug:

#498 ·
welp today i decided it was about time to fix my clock since its a common problem for the little soldered points to break loose and makes the clock not work every now and then since the loose connection.

i resoldered both points and put red vinly overlay on the screen and then the numbers lit up perfectly red to match my gauges and headunit glow. im slowly trying to convert things to red on the dash.

when i went to put it in back together i tilted the one plastic piece that the clock clips into the wrong way and the buttons that control the clock hours/mins spilled down into the dash. 6 tiny pieces. fml. sooo need to have those so i can set the time on my clock. fun stuff.

then on the way to work i almost hit 4 deer and an opossum in the road. later in my commute a car in front of me kicked a small rock up and chipped my front windshield in direct level with my eyes. so need that to be filled now so doesnt spider out :O)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.