Subaru WRX Forum banner

Ermahgerd! Ruh Roh's burgeye burld threard

110K views 715 replies 48 participants last post by  michaelwfox 
#1 · (Edited)
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Here is my build thread, not every mod I have is listed in here but just ones i happen to take pictures of. She's a DD build, going for a mean looking bugeye that i turn back to look at every time i park, something that has a little rumble and can make me smile when i hit the gas. :)
for info on mods or where to get them or anything just comment or message me :)
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Purchased stock on December 20th with 71,500ish miles on her. Shes my daily driver but we still have fun spending quailty time driving and modding. Im looking for a fun to drive daily that i could use lightly in some auto x. Right now my setup is where i want it for my budget and it being a daily. Always want moar low and moar fast but dont have the money to spend.

So anyway lets start. Before the WRX i drove a 1995 jeep cherokee, 1993 240sx and had my 2004 gsxr 1000.

Always looking for cars i stumbled upon this wild bugeye sitting at a sketchy dealer. Test drove it, fell in love. Had 3 vehicles and not enough money for the car :/ told the guy id be back to buy it and i didnt want to trade my vehicles in for half of what i could sell them for. checked the wrx and had some mechanics look at it all good. so a week later i sold my jeep, 240sx and got a loan for the rest of the car. Great success! *Borat voice*

Factory options on my car were upgraded sound system, short shifter, sti scoop, rear cargo net, carbon fiber trim, dimming compass mirror, wheel locks, and factory mudflaps.

Got new inspection, emissions, 4 new tires from the dealer and was good to go.

I take alot of pics so had to narrow it down for the thread :/ but heres the stock ones

Some new KYB GR-2's with Epic Springs, Also got some Rota DPT's 17x8 +48i :) Nexen n3000 225's which are meh.

Shes been on a few sort of far road trips like to Maryland for OCMD AWD week meet, New York, NJ beaches and love the reliability.

Heres my friends silver bugeye and another at the AWD meet ion OCMD

I wanted a little more rumble but wanted to keep it classy so i went with an autospeed turboback exhaust

Wanted more fast so went stage 2 with parts from Kronos performance

Cobb Accessport- also came with Hella horns :), Grimspeed uppipe, and running the 93 octane stage 2 tune.

I went with an Accessport because i know that i will get a different turbo setup soon and will want a protune so that way i can resell the AP and get some money back towards a protune.

Changed the trans fluid and rear diff with some Extra-S 75w-90 at 83,888 miles.

I ordered brakes from KNS brakes, id order with them again-fast shipping/good packing. i ordered the H6 upgrade kit which is the larger rear caliper brackets and the larger rear rotors, centric premium rotors, stoptech street pads. Im happy with this setup for a daily driver.

3/3/13 sway bar setups installed.engine bay as of now.

teh garage

See less See more
#434 ·
my build thread is just a random nonsense OT thread.

anyway insurance adjuster looked at car yesterday, ordered new parts today and hopefully have her back by early next week. have to order my lips, new wheel and tires :/

#435 ·
So I see this has gone full force to turning into the random image thread? Situation normal.

Hope you get the car back up and running soon buddy. If didn't still need my torque's for a few more weeks I'd give you a hellofadeal on those.

#438 ·
Wow I just saw all the random **** going on in here. So that's the walrus :rotfl:

#439 ·
ehh as an update, things are going wellish. Picking up car today after work, bought a set of wheels to roll around on, bought steelies but they didnt clear the brakes so i had new wheels dropped off at the shop, idk what kind of wheels so itll be a suprise. Just need something to roll on until i can get my rotas back on. The one rota is bent, insurance covered. The insurance did not cover the tire, not sure if its popped, probably not, but i dont trust the strength of it after sitting flat for like two weeks. Rather pay for new tires and have the piece of mind. Ill get the tire mounted to see if it hold air on the new wheel just so i can sell my old tires, and of course ill inform the buyer of the situation of that tire. The rotas will be getting powdercoated black chrome/hyper black. Tire size will be 235/45/17. old tire size is 225/45/17. Tires will be Cooper RS3-s. thanks everyone for the help picking em out. that cost is out of pocket for tires, powdercoating. :/ Front bumper has two dents on it, where the pdrive lip was is all spider cracked. I will buy a new bumper cover unless the paint shop thinks its cheaper to repair the bumper, i may get the front plate mount shaved flat and smooth, depending on price. I believe the front passenger fender is repairable and just needs paint. Yay to no more rust on it and 2"x14" scratch from running into my streetbike :) fml lol. lips were replaced by insurance and prodrive will be professionally painted. my morette covers will be professionally painted as well while they have all the other stuff, sideskirts too probably. need a new windhshield, ins covered that after sending in pictures that it wasnt broken a few hours before the accident when i did the philly photo shoot. control arm, strut and strut mount replaced by my favorite local shop Flat Four Specialties, Rich has been extremely helpful and will always go there and encourage all my friends to go there. So i believe thats all, car will be fixed and look better than ever. I will also be moving up to school saturday so my clubdub time and being on every week day from 7-3 is going to change, i dont think ill have much time for anything besides reading and pounding a few keystones with sloots. so as for the sly fox meet i will make a thread, itll be oct 20th sunday, same times as before, new meeting spot, same run. Dont have money for it for food and gas but oh well gotta have some fun, ramen noodle every night time woo -__- . soo will update with pics of painted things and wheels yada yada.

#442 ·
meh so stuff has been goin on and limited time with skewl and all that stuff.

in short i broke
-windshield
-strut
-strut mount
-control arm
-2 wheels
-broke the lips
-cracked and tons of spider cracks on front bumper cover
-dented and buckled fender and chipped the paint off it

i got new
-front bumper cover
-windshield
-front fender
-new lips
-two new rotas
-got all new tires Cooper RS3-S 235-45-17
-wheel liner
-strut mount
-strut
-control arm

plan-

fender, sideskirt, bumper cover,pdrive lip, morette headlight covers all being freshly painted

sell old tires, old front bumper cover, old fender.

body work should be finished this week and parts installed, powder and wheel should be here tmmrw, wheels will be powdercoated then installed and car will be aligned and hoping to have her all together by sat.

pics

broken and bent wheel, pushed back control arm

sad scooby

overnight parts from japan

"winter wheels" bought used with very good tread tires. theyll be plastidipped black when i have rotas on before winter.

tires

NEXEN Performance Tires

wheels

16" ICW Racing 004 - Odessa - Wheels

an old wheels with those tires, how they look worn down. pointless pic.

fender was rustyyyyy. compared to new fender.

all the dirt that was stuck in the fender, was like sand stuff. got it in my eye under contact. eye swelled. was gross.

being broken :/

#445 ·
back together, had a horrible alignment experience and will never go to a tire shop for an alignment again. the coopers are lovely, wish it was hotter out. happy with the morette covers after getting refinished. here she is.

this is how i drove for about an hour total driving time to get tint, alignment and tire mount and balance. seems legit

needed a new 5% strip because my window was replaced

tinted my rear spoiler brake light red because i just noticed how odd it looked being stock and clear

wheel color is prismatic powders ultra black chrome with a silver base

as she sits and will sit for a while

#446 ·
this thing is still running? I would have thought it would have caught one of your VDs by now and died....or at least had some discharge from the tip.

#449 ·
this sunday i did a few winter prep things

plastidipped my wheels black then used their gloss spray which i wasnt too imprezed with.

before the dip. ugly AF

tried using playing cards instead of taping. worked awesome.

my stock headlights that i painted inside i traded for stock ones plus cash because im poor college student and need all teh monies.

this was the condition, they have some hella light bulbs so dunno how the light output will be.

accepted the challenge of teh foggy lense

i won

i will be running these stock lights in the winter so my freshly painted morettes dont get all effed up, will use the stock front bumper cover thats all beat up from my rock incident, and those "winter" wheel setup, car will look like a stock happy bugeye this winter. may put an older style grill on the ebay aftermarket one i have or a crappy mesh grill i made. we shall see.

#451 ·
well heres some things that have been happening with the car

added a relay to the head unit wires to bypass the ebrake sensor and added a pic of the whip

installed le ******* magnent

met a nonslooty girl who has not once complained about sitting around while i do things with the car, likes going to car meets and wants to buy a new Sti...yes, she doesn't have a male member..pic was taken during before-winter-wash-and-wax

took a selfie

painted those stock headlights. black turn signal covers and black side marker lights, yes you can see them just fine when illuminated.

took a pic for halloween

went to final car meet in summer mode in early november

after that car meet i switched into winter mode, stock front bumper that i smashed into the rock with, all season tires with almost new tread and some plastidipped rimzzz, roof rack and waiting to put snowboard and bike attachment on.

so really thats about it, I'm super poor not working and being in school. not going back next semester and back to working full time. I'm hoping to get a new radiator and silicone tubes for christmas because the one day my upper rad hose came off the radiator and leaked errwherrr then i fixed it and burped the system then a week later same problem but where the clamp goes on to the rad the plastic piece on the radiator broke off so now the clamp is angled and i just don't like it. stupid old plastic pieces. so its secure but for "not getting stranded during the winter sake" and "i don't feel like reattaching the hose and burping the system on the side of the road during winter sake" i think ill ask for one for christmas or can get a used rad for >$40 and install it so we shall see. updates will come and hopefully the build will be slow and nothing will break because i can't afford to fix it. if it does break and i have a job that means another loan and upgrading whatever breaks of course.

#457 ·
He took a selfie. he HAD to double post.
Also there is a nonslootie hottie in there..triple post?

sucks being broke. I'm in the same boat, saving up for Christmas. I'm finally installing the new parts sitting in the "to install" pile.
I see you're doing stuff too. I like how you went to winter mode. I'm a southerner so I don't think about winterization too much.

#458 ·
sorry for the double post lol

my tint is 5% front windshield strip, 20% front windows and 15% rears, 20% rear windshield

i miss having my morettes on :( need summer mode year round but don't want my lights to get messed up :(

#460 ·
Dude, I've had cars in some pretty unbearable winters...and I've never had a problem with headlights. Why even bother changing them?

#464 ·
added the bike rack attachments then stickered it up. ill most likely be removing the stickers besides the Envious description, bigeye mafia and flat four specialties. just not fond of stickers anymore :/ the bro jdm is dying inside me :/

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.