Ermahgerd! Ruh Roh's burgeye burld threard - Page 13
+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 43 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on Ermahgerd! Ruh Roh's burgeye burld threard within the Builds forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; ^lulz. This thread delivers....

^lulz.

This thread delivers.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    ^lulz.

This thread delivers.
    Like a wrench to the face!
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

I Support ClubWRX
    I'm glad somebody else hurts themselves while working on their car. And has a miserable time installing something like a sway bar.

Makes me a bit happier knowing I'm not the only one

Jealous of those air tools though. I will definitely look into getting a nice air compressor and some tools in the new place.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    He was throwing balloons filled with sulfuric acid and shrapnel at the swat team. They finally had to take him down with rubber bullets.
    2011 STi Build Log
    -Part 1 - Reading, Data Logging, and Analyzing Data
    -Part 2 - Turbocharger 101 & Basic Boost Control
    -Part 3 - EcuFlash, Experimental Defintions, and a Drive By Wire Intro

Mark, I'm with Mikie, this thread delivers.

There's knowledge, build progress, love interest -although PG-13 rated(newds?), comic relief.. it has it all.

car looks good. I dig the silver horns.
    N.E.R.D. # 3.579545 MHz

Bugeye Mafia v 2.0 # 371

pete25r's build

Quote Originally Posted by pete25r View Post
    Mark, I'm with Mikie, this thread delivers.

There's knowledge, build progress, love interest -although PG-13 rated(newds?), comic relief.. it has it all.

car looks good. I dig the silver horns.
    Thanks Pete!
    Marky Mark
    2002 Stage 2.3 PSM Bugeye tuned by Matty at WTFtuning
    Bugeye Mafia #397, High Mileage Club, WTF Tuning Intern
    My bugeye build
    MinoskePhotography
    First Mods and other useful info!
    GM EBCS/ Hallman MBC Hybrid boost setup diagram

So yesterday at around 1pm i saw some snow flurries outside of work, that should been a good sign for me to say its a little too cold outside. Nope. Didnt start working on the car until 5pm. Once i had power tools the two bolts i couldnt get off came off easy and subframe was off in 2 mins. Suns still up, progress is solild. Look at the one bolt that was stuck relaize the threads are mangled and have red stuff on em.. meh ill try to clean em up later.. (thinking when the dealer did my control arm replacement they had to drop the subframe..) take off the endlinks. Very slow process as the bolt spins and you cant grab anything really to stop it from moving. Used a pair of vice grips on the washer/flange thing and that worked and would slip every now and then. Slow process and laying on the cold ground was getting worn out pretty quick. Installed the new front sway, greased up the bushings. Put the one bolt that was the threads were messed up back in after i cleaned it up. I always wire brush bolts then neverseize em so they come back out nice and smooth. Could file down in between some threads to clean em out but nope. Whereever that bolt goes in is stripped inside.. not sure if it had a welded nut on top it or it goes into the frame. But guessing the dealer tried putting it back in with an impact gun, it was stripped inside so the red stuff couldve been red lock tight that they put in so it wouldnt come out again. surprised i didnt have to heat it up and the gun got it out.. So right now the bolt is out, i still have two broken bolts to get out of the center jack plate area so that cover piece is still off. So that will all get fixed soon but was too cold for it last night. Couldnt feel fingers so was having trouble putting bolts on and feeling where the hidden ones were. So no more working on cars in that cold of weather for me. But the Perrin 22mm front sway with kartboy endlinks is in there and it does make a nice difference. Feels like it dives into corners alot nicer and less body roll.

Front strut bar and catch can will go on today.

Ordering rear mounts for rear sway today so when they get in they will be installed as well as rear camber bolts then alignment time.
    Marky Mark
    My bugeye build
    MinoskePhotography

So yesterday ordered Whiteline rear sway mounts, Kartboy replacement bushing kit for endlinks since i bought used and it was missing a bushing. So when they get in theyll be installed.

My eBay front strut bar was wayyyy off from fitting. When i had the passenger side on the bolt studs the other end was pointing at a 4 o'clock position instead of 3 and being straight to go to the other side studs...so pushed it up a bit to make it fit and my wonderful Subaru strut mount stud broke. It didnt snap in half or anything, just fell off and rolled under the car...so now my alignment is postponed until i can take the strut off and weld in the strut mount post...had to do that with one on the other side when i first put it in because it fell out too... guess group N mounts are way better than the subaru ones :/ so no strut bar install..

did a catch can install with the ebay catch can. i took the brass fittings out and wrapped the threads with white plumbers tape. the tubing they included was a bright transparent blue and i wanted black so went to the store but they didnt have black so i got clear. 3/8" inside. hooked one side from turbo inlet to catch can and the other from valve cover vent lines to catch can. mounted with zip ties because couldnt find a bolt long enough but ill find one laying around in my toolbox later. didnt want to mount it near the battery and have super long tubes running across because i dont like how that looks.

this tube was a little hard to fit on here so i heated it up with just a butane torch quick and then squished it on there. used pliers to twist it further down on the line then used supplied hose clamp.

these lines fit on nicely and then just clamped em down.

before cutting the stock tube that went to the turbo inlet i wanted to try to heat up the clear tubing and stretch it around so i wouldnt ruin the stock tube. so heated it up and almosttt fit but couldnt get it so i cut the stock black tube just a little higher than where it is fully on the turbo inlet then heated it up and put it over top the clear tube then a hose clamp on top of it. later realzing instead of doing that i could have used a little metal fitting they gave me that wouldve fit in the black tubing end then it narrows down to be able to fit 3/8" tube over it. so may do that one day if bored, but this works just fine.

but ill see if i get any blowby in the future. in the turbo inlet i could see a little so hopefully teh catch can will do its job.
    Marky Mark
    My bugeye build
    MinoskePhotography

also going to cut a small piece of tubing and put it against where the clear line going into the valve cover vent hits the cap, just so incase it gets hot wont melt my tube
    Marky Mark
    My bugeye build
    MinoskePhotography

looks good.

thanks, looking at the pics i realize my engine bay needs a cleaning badly
    Marky Mark
    My bugeye build
    MinoskePhotography

Why not just order some new front Group-N mounts, Mark?
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

the mounts are fine just there not made the best.. just need to weld the bolt in. subaru quality. as good as their paint quality.
    Marky Mark
    My bugeye build
    MinoskePhotography

sooo fixed teh exhaust rattle. bought the exhaust used and was a little bent under neath so bent it back, no rattle got the strut mount bolt welded back in. put camber bolts in the rear, waiting for alignment. put the whiteline rear sway mounts on. wish u didnt have to reuse the 12mm bolts that hold it on and they gave some new ones but oh well they worked fine. installed the rear sway and went to put endlinks on and it looks a little too long -__-. bought it used so may be from a wagon but not sure... sooo figuring that out then will get my $ back and put towards a new one i guess. so right now rear swaybar less. less weight moar flex lulz :/ so just trying to get an alignment asap then the sway bar will be put on whenever i get that issue fixed..
    Marky Mark
    My bugeye build
    MinoskePhotography

haha, thats fun! gotta love used ****.

Quote Originally Posted by Phobic View Post
    haha, thats fun! gotta love used ****.
    got it figured out lol. wagon and sedan are interchangeable. it was an Sti bar which is wider.. so figuring that out tmmrw

ordered some Eibach camber bolts as well for the front so when i get them, hopefully tmmrw, i can install then get alignment most likely next day

after tmmrw when i get sway bar situation figured out i will probably end up ordering a new perrin rear 22mm sway.
    Marky Mark
    My bugeye build
    MinoskePhotography

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.