Maus bulids a Racecar because Racecar Build Thread - Page 16
Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718 LastLast

This is a discussion on Maus bulids a Racecar because Racecar Build Thread within the Builds forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by maus So I've been noticing abnormal AF learnings the last week or so. Today it hit a ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by maus View Post
    So I've been noticing abnormal AF learnings the last week or so. Today it hit a high of -10 in the C Range and -4.9 in the A Range. Took some time at lunch to try and diagnose. Noticed there was a light film on the bottom port of my aos. Removed the line and reattached. AF Learning A started learning way down at idle back to like -1. C range during my short trip back to work (3/4 of a mile) learned down to -4.5. I'm still going to boost leak check the car this weekend but I'll but some miles on my car and continue to monitor. I think I have fixed that issue though, hopefully.
    Could be. Just keep an eye on it I'd say. Especially in the low load/rpm area, I wouldn't be surprised to see some A/F Learning. Idle is pretty picky when you are aiming for 14.7 on the dot. In the higher load/rpm ranges, it should stabilize and your values should be lower. The C range, I am assuming, is your higher load/rpm range. I know in OS, we have both ranges (AFL A/B/C/D) and "factors/components" (AFL 1/2/3/4). I believe in OS, you want AFL #1 (AFL #3 is due to the rear o2 readings for example), regardless of what range/letter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    He was throwing balloons filled with sulfuric acid and shrapnel at the swat team. They finally had to take him down with rubber bullets.
    2011 STi Build Log
    -Part 1 - Reading, Data Logging, and Analyzing Data
    -Part 2 - Turbocharger 101 & Basic Boost Control
    -Part 3 - EcuFlash, Experimental Defintions, and a Drive By Wire Intro

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Accessport Values correspond to this Brandon:

0 - <5.6 g/s = "A" Range
    5.6 - <10 g/s = "B" Range
    10 - <50 g/s = "C" Range
    50+ g/s = "D" Range

I can never populate the D Range, Zax tells me it would be best to try and populate it on hills and stuff but Florida is flatter than a 12 year old.
    2012 DGM 5 DOOR WRX
    Mods: Stage 2+
    "I live my life a twelve year old at a time. For those ten seconds or less, I'm free."
    Official ClubWRX Creeper

Also the bottom port that I fixed the hose on leads back to the inlet, so I'm 99% sure/hopeful that it is it.
    2012 DGM 5 DOOR WRX
    "I live my life a twelve year old at a time. For those ten seconds or less, I'm free."
    Official ClubWRX Creeper

OP has had problems with his car the last few days. OP considering not going beyond current parts that are already installed.
    2012 DGM 5 DOOR WRX
    Official ClubWRX Creeper

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    OP is a pussay
    Truf.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

I Support ClubWRX
    I can never populate the D Range, Zax tells me it would be best to try and populate it on hills and stuff but Florida is flatter than a 12 year old.
    I believe the D range is the only range carried over into open loop fueling. Some guys actually choose to disable it to prevent goofy learned values screwing things up. Once you are WOT, fueling values are normally pretty close. I'll play around with it some more once I get my fuel stumble worked out.

OP has had problems with his car the last few days. OP considering not going beyond current parts that are already installed.
    Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    Truf.
    Agreed with zax. Although, OP is too stupid to install an intake, so it may not be a bad idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    He was throwing balloons filled with sulfuric acid and shrapnel at the swat team. They finally had to take him down with rubber bullets.
    2011 STi Build Log
    -Part 1 - Reading, Data Logging, and Analyzing Data
    -Part 2 - Turbocharger 101 & Basic Boost Control
    -Part 3 - EcuFlash, Experimental Defintions, and a Drive By Wire Intro

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Heide264 View Post
    Agreed with zax. Although, OP is too stupid to install an intake, so it may not be a bad idea.
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.38×10-23

He who shall be last, shall be sideways and smiling... - Jeremy Clarkson

OP ran low on coolant, Car ran 10.0 AFRS, Car had no power, Coolant temp gauge spiked up, OP Panicked.

OP took overflow cap off, and added coolant. Coolant was bubbling for a good few minutes then started pouring out of the overflow. Drove the car, car hit target AFRs at WOT and felt like normal. Still debating what to do.

Notes: I had a leak from the coolant line on the AOS that I fixed earlier this week, and I also added coolant to the tank because it was really low. Summary, I just think I needed to burp it.
    Last edited by maus; 06-07-2013 at 12:46 PM.
    2012 DGM 5 DOOR WRX
    Official ClubWRX Creeper

Also I know how to install a intake, I said I dont know if I want to because of heatsoak.
    2012 DGM 5 DOOR WRX
    Official ClubWRX Creeper

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    Get a box with the short ram and reflective tape, run a k&n filter on stock intake, modify stock intake, run a cold air.

Run meth or reflective tape on tmic. That big tmic is probably efficient enough that it would negate any hot air coming in through the intake and you wouldnt see higher temps than normal. Just a thought.

Or just dont get an intake and save the money. (richest option haha)
    Last edited by wreckingball man; 06-07-2013 at 12:51 PM.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by wreckingball man
    Get a box with the short ram and reflective tape, run a k&n filter on stock intake, modify stock intake, run a cold air.

Run meth or reflective tape on tmic. That big tmic is probably efficient enough that it would negate any hot air coming in through the intake and you wouldnt see higher temps than normal. Just a thought.

Or just dont get an intake and save the money. (richest option haha)
    An intake is absolutely worth it at his level, and should be purchased. It's holding him back quite a bit (especially when he installs his ID1000s).

The increased cooling of the TMIC won't make a damn of difference, since IAT (in stock form) is monitored at the MAF sensor. By having an unshielded filter element (and not relocating IAT), you're doing yourself a disservice.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Should change the title of this thread to "Maus builds his ******."
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens don’t wear hats" -Ying

Next install: tampon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Marky Mark
    2002 Stage 2.3 PSM Bugeye tuned by Matty at WTFtuning
    Bugeye Mafia #397, High Mileage Club, WTF Tuning Intern
    My bugeye build
    MinoskePhotography
    First Mods and other useful info!
    GM EBCS/ Hallman MBC Hybrid boost setup diagram

I'm still confused, could the coolant sensor pick up that something was wrong and throw the car into some type of safe mode where it would run 10.0 afrs and have almost no power?
    2012 DGM 5 DOOR WRX
    Official ClubWRX Creeper

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    I'm still confused, could the coolant sensor pick up that something was wrong and throw the car into some type of safe mode where it would run 10.0 afrs and have almost no power?
    I don't think ICT can throw the car into failsafe fueling... that's generally reserved for low IAM and the like.

However, failsafe fueling tables generally do run very rich mixtures; actually it's exactly 10:1 on my map. I'm not saying that it's not possible, but I was under the impression that when the ECU resorts to failsafe OL tables, the boost is also pulled and the car should be running wastegate pressure. Then again, I know nearly nothing about the new CANbus ECUs, so hopefully Heide will make his way in here.
    Last edited by zax; 06-07-2013 at 08:18 PM.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/