New 2002 wrx build
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on New 2002 wrx build within the Builds forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey guys, im getting my maroon red 2002 wrx on saturday. It has a 2005 wrx engine in it though. ...

New 2002 wrx build

Hey guys, im getting my maroon red 2002 wrx on saturday. It has a 2005 wrx engine in it though. Im really excited because i just got rid of my integra so it feels good to actually have a car that is reputable on the street instead of being referred to as a ricer! ahah but first on my list is to install my sub and a new headunit. But after that, i really want to work on my front end. The car has no fog lights, no grill, and is completely stock. I want to add the JDM bugeye headlights but they are very pricey! haha around 600! but yeah. Do you guys have any recommendations on a grill and fog lights? i also want a nice lip. Suggestions would be nice! thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Chu0nth1s View Post
    Hey guys, im getting my maroon red 2002 wrx on saturday. It has a 2005 wrx engine in it though. Im really excited because i just got rid of my integra so it feels good to actually have a car that is reputable on the street instead of being referred to as a ricer! ahah but first on my list is to install my sub and a new headunit. But after that, i really want to work on my front end. The car has no fog lights, no grill, and is completely stock. I want to add the JDM bugeye headlights but they are very pricey! haha around 600! but yeah. Do you guys have any recommendations on a grill and fog lights? i also want a nice lip. Suggestions would be nice! thanks!

The JDM lights are made for right hand drive cars, and therefore are aimed the wrong direction. What you want are EDM headlights.

I have Hella fog lights and they work well.

Ohhh ic. hmm do you have pictures?

I Support ClubWRX
    I think that's Sedona Red.

JDM lights (I detest that acronym and if possible I'd spit on the ground after uttering it...) are more like $1.000 USD and have the wrong light pattern. EDM lights have the correct pattern, and the acronym isn't nearly as tasteless, but are no cheaper. I'd forget the lights personally.

For fogs contact rallylights.com and buy their brackets plus a Hella light of your choice, something like 500FF will work and I believe even the 4000C will fit. Ask before buying.

For lips pursue DIY (insulation material for garage doors plus elbow grease) or from what I hear, CN sourced replicas from eBay because the JP stuff is costly and the car is a decade old.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

do you guys have any good suggestions for headlights that arent so pricy and look clean?

I Support ClubWRX
    No. The car is too old at this point. There were firms in FR, IT, and UK making headlights but they all stopped years ago. Plus none were inexpensive even then. You can look at modifying the stocks lights I suppose.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

alot of people take apart the stock headlight and paint the inside then heat it up and put it back together (in the simplest terms)

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruh Roh View Post
    alot of people take apart the stock headlight and paint the inside then heat it up and put it back together (in the simplest terms)
    Koji Style Headlights (02-03) - Instructions

welcome

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

i have halos as headlights in my sedona red 02
    Shifting Day n Night in my RedRex

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.