New 2012 wrx hatch build ideas?

This is a discussion on New 2012 wrx hatch build ideas? within the Builds forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; What up guys, just hit the 4k mark on the odometer this morning. So questions though. Yes, I'm still in ...

New 2012 wrx hatch build ideas?

What up guys, just hit the 4k mark on the odometer this morning. So questions though. Yes, I'm still in the hole paying this car off, but im going to try and put back around $1500 for a few mods. Any recommendations? I was thinking exhaust, AEM intake, and then im not sure what else. Even if its cosmetic/exterior mods im open to it. What do you guys all think?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Intake requires a tune. I'm in WPB too (Whats up) and wouldn't recommend an intake. Everyone I know that has one down here is getting stupid IATs. Also if you do anything such as an intake or downpipe (which require tunes) you run the risk of voiding your warranty.
    2012 DGM 5 DOOR WRX
    Mods: Stage 2+
    "I live my life a twelve year old at a time. For those ten seconds or less, I'm free."
    Official ClubWRX Creeper

I would go for suspension mods first, personally. I went the power route first and I do wish that my car was able to handle better. Now I have to wait until who knows when to be able to upgrade the suspension.

At the very least, sways/endlinks will make your car handle like a different animal. So I'd do sways/ELs and maybe a cbe, purely for your ear's pleasure lol.
    --Anthony 2011 DGM WRX stg2+sf intake WTFtuned \_(ツ)_/

Official Subie owner as of 01/10/11
    Stink Eye Mob #87

Bye bye Bimmer
    Hellooo '11 REX

lol what up Maus, same car dude DGM '12 hatch. and alright, any recommendations on exhausts? honestly, magnaflow sounds really nice i think for a decent price. Also, was thinking getting a better BOV. opinions?

No need to upgrade the BPV until you hit over stg2. Stay far far away from a BOV.

As far as exhaust goes, it all depends on what you like sound wise.
    --Anthony 2011 DGM WRX stg2+sf intake WTFtuned \_(ツ)_/

Official Subie owner as of 01/10/11
    Stink Eye Mob #87

Bye bye Bimmer
    Hellooo '11 REX

Quote Originally Posted by fuentes9207 View Post
    lol what up Maus, same car dude DGM '12 hatch. and alright, any recommendations on exhausts? honestly, magnaflow sounds really nice i think for a decent price. Also, was thinking getting a better BOV. opinions?
    Your Bypass valve is fine. I have a TurboXS catback that I love. We have meets on tuesdays. Here is the info:

Boynton Subaru Meet! - NASIOC
    2012 DGM 5 DOOR WRX
    "I live my life a twelve year old at a time. For those ten seconds or less, I'm free."
    Official ClubWRX Creeper

alright, why do you say stay away from a BOV? and alright, i mean, i'd love to get an ARK, but my budget isn't that nice. Other ones i've seen are SPT, indivia, and magnaflow. any performance pros/cons between them?

You're letting air that the MAF read and metered and thinks is in the intake tract out of the intake, creating a rich condition when you shift.

ARK sounds sick in person, I also like nameless performance.
    2012 DGM 5 DOOR WRX
    Official ClubWRX Creeper