Hey Guys i am really sorry if these questions have been covered. There are so many forums.
I have both a 2003 rs 2.5 and an 2005 wrx. The 2.5 has no mods and the WRX has cobb access port and downpipe, oil catch can, cold air intake, recirculating valve, short throw shifter. The 2003 engine had the timing belt break resulting in bent valves and damaged headers. This happened a few months ago while I was out fishing. Luckily I had my bad ass wrx that I used for work, racing and casual driving. Well during a high speed run I spun a bearing and I think I bent some valves. Either way both engines need to be replace or machined out and new parts.
I found both engines from one guy. They are complete and ready to install. I wanted to see if I can take some of the parts off the the WRX and put them on the 2.5 RS? I am hoping for some help.
1. I bought a cobb down pipe and exhaust for the WRX. So I have the stock exhaust which is in really good shape. Can I put exhaust on the 2.5 RS?
2. Can I pull the turbo off the WRX and put it on the 2.5 RS? I do have the exhaust from the WRX.
3. Do I need to do anything else to the engine if I can get the Turbo from the 2.0 to 2.5 on there? Do I need to worry about heat since the car doesnt have a hood scoop?
3. I believe the problem with the wrx happened because the engine didnt get enough oil at the high speed. I wanted to put an after market high pressure oil pump. Which do you recommend? Not looking to spend over $500
4.I wanted to get a high performance clutch for the wrx. which do you recommend?
5. Is there any other mods you would do to either of the cars while I was putting in new engines?
Thank you guys so much. These car issues have really broken my heart. These were my babies. Cant wait to get them going again.