My 2011 WRX Stage 2+ Thread - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on My 2011 WRX Stage 2+ Thread within the Builds forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Check your fuel pump install, did you use the stopper from the stock fuel pump?...

Check your fuel pump install, did you use the stopper from the stock fuel pump?
    2012 DGM 5 DOOR WRX
    Mods: Stage 2+
    "I live my life a twelve year old at a time. For those ten seconds or less, I'm free."
    Official ClubWRX Creeper

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Yeah, that little black piece right? I'll double check the pump but I'm hopeful that its just the plugs. Eric recommended one step colder, I just never got around to installing them.

So today I accidently went into boost, and heard a fluttering BPV sound.... I check and saw that the BPV recirc hose was connected to the BPV, but not connected on the other side (dont know how I didn't notice this before). It connects back to the turbo inlet right? Sorry for the noob question but I can't seem to see where it plugs in. Does anyone have a pic? Or do I have to remove anything to get to it?

The last few weeks have been rough... first all of this, then I got rear ended and hit into the car in front of me (luckily mostly cosmetic damage to the bumpers, claims adjuster estimated $1500-$2500)... oh and my laptop caught on fire lol.

U.S. Combat Veteran (3ID) Stu_Gotti's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Dude did you get it resolved, I'm having the same issues with the CEL's.
    Clarke Tuned | Cobb SRI | Cobb DP | Nameless Mid-Pipe & Axleback | PW TMIC | DW65C | NGK2309 | SPT STS | RA Flaps w/Blue | Pro-Clip | KB Black Aluminum Shift Knob | KB Front & Rear Shifter Bushings | 18x9.5 +40 Gunmetal Rota D wrapped in 265/35ZR-18 Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3 | 24mm Whiteline Front Sway & 22mm Rear | Kartboy Front & Rear Endlinks | Yakima Roof Rack Complete System w/ Highroller Bike Rack & Yakima Fairing | 35% Tint | Full Sound Dead | Blue Prova Rearview

Quote Originally Posted by Stu_Gotti View Post
    Dude did you get it resolved, I'm having the same issues with the CEL's.
    Yeah I took it to my dealership and amazingly they were unable to tell or show me where the hose reconnected. So I ended up taking it to Precision Tuning. I had them do compression and leakdown tests to make sure everything was ok, and had them put in one step colder plugs since the plugs were comin out for the tests. They reconnected the hose and zip tied it on. They also said that my BPV was leaking so I put the stock one back on. Car is great now... but a small boost leak or a disconnected recirculation hose can really mess with the car.

Also these cars aren't cheap to repair. The fender bender I was in costed someone's insurance $9,985 in repairs.

Hey guys I have some questions. This Tuesday I'm putting on my Invidia Catless Downpipe I want to know what you guys think about that I don't want boost creep I have the invidia N1 Street exhaust and SF intake with Cobb AP. now if I get protune can I run the Catless DP.

Absolutely get it on a dyno with a professional. Off the shelf stage 2 maps (and really you will be 2+) tend to be very aggressive or they wouldn't sell would they?

When you run that map yourself you could be running your injectors at upwards of 103 to 105% among other issues that are not good. Your injector rates have a +/- 10% flow rate and the OTS map cannot tell if you are low, middle, or high flow. I am lucky and mine flow on the + side so I am making nice stage 2+ power.

You are just down in Absecon so I suggest bringing it up to exit 90 and Precision Tuning in Lakewood NJ. Everything I told you I learn from them.

@ other post - my car idles perfectly. One of your problems is you are running 310awhp on 91 octane. At low rpm's the fuel is not burning hot enough. Curious, do you get big backfires of unburnt fuel running 91???? Why not 93? I don't get why you would push a stage 2+ car to 310awhp on 91? I have always been under the impression that it is a huge difference.
    Last edited by slowdown; 11-10-2012 at 05:07 AM.

I'm taking it to procom in tomsriver Lou is a nice guy and knows his ****

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12