My 02 WRX Build - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on My 02 WRX Build within the Builds forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; i want an update...

i want an update
    Hope to one day be the owner of a WRX!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Kody Hartlaub View Post
    Just ordered my Cobb Accessport should be here by Tuesday. Since I am new to this does anyone have a suggested map I should run?

Does the AP have a stage two map to go with your intake? If not you are going to either need pay for a real tune, or put the stock intake back on. Driving with an intake that is not properly tuned for can and will cause damage to the engine.

Okay sorry it has been so long since my last update, school started back up again and have just been super busy. Not much has changed since my last update except I took the Plasti-Dip off my rims (started to peal). Will have more updates in the near future!

Quote Originally Posted by MainFrame View Post
    Does the AP have a stage two map to go with your intake? If not you are going to either need pay for a real tune, or put the stock intake back on. Driving with an intake that is not properly tuned for can and will cause damage to the engine.
    Actually re-installed the stock intake until I get my Cobb SF Intake.

Re: My 02 WRX Build

The Cobb intake is actually one of the few that you can run without a time for. I ran my sf intake long before my ap and had no issues. I'm running an injen cai right now and have no issues at all on my bugeye....just saying. Lol

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Not having a tune wont ruin it right away, but over time can do some serious damage especially to your ECU. Plus having these parts does close to nothing performance wise til you get a tune. I recommend a cobb accessport and a stage II tune 93 octane. You will drill your foot into the floor for about a week because of all of the extra acceleration.

Quote Originally Posted by burdo1990 View Post
    The Cobb intake is actually one of the few that you can run without a time for. I ran my sf intake long before my ap and had no issues. I'm running an injen cai right now and have no issues at all on my bugeye....just saying. Lol

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

I'm assuming you had a wideband O2 gauge installed and a way to log before your bought your AP? Otherwise you would have no way of actually knowing you had "no issues" other than you didn't experience engine failure. Just because it runs doesn't mean it isn't doing damage.

Re: My 02 WRX Build

Quote Originally Posted by MainFrame View Post
    I'm assuming you had a wideband O2 gauge installed and a way to log before your bought your AP? Otherwise you would have no way of actually knowing you had "no issues" other than you didn't experience engine failure. Just because it runs doesn't mean it isn't doing damage.
    I didn't have a wideband, but I trusted what the guys from Cobb said and what other tuners and subie owners said. I also ran an atmospheric greddy bov when everybody else said it was terrible. I had no "engine failures" either but o well....just my input. I put a lot of miles on my car and she's been reliable as Hell so far

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Well, chances are that it was fine.. but I have also seen several owners who have reported significant knock events occurring with either stage one, stage two, or both OTS Cobb maps even though they were not running outside the bounds of the specific map notes for the map they were running. I have also seen reports of significant knock events in completely stock cars on the stock tune. Any of these situations means damage to the engine. If you ask Cobb I'm pretty sure they will tell you their OTS map will not knock like crazy, but for some cars it does. Not every car is the same, that's why I feel logging is always important, especially when running outside the bounds of what a specific tune is designed for.

Better safe than sorry.

Yeah I am running the Stage 2 tune on 93 octane with no problems. Have a question guys sometime soon I am going to be getting BC Racing coilovers, didn't do much research on them but from the little I read they seem to be a nice set of coilovers for the money. The reason is because I want to lower my car and was wondering how far did you guys drop your car? I am thinking 1 1/2 inches to 2 inches. Nothing to crazy still my dd.

Looks Good!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123