wrx50's 2011 wrx sedan build - Page 6
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

This is a discussion on wrx50's 2011 wrx sedan build within the Builds forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by The Gator Thanks. I just went back to stock size because i kept getting pulled over and ...

I Support ClubWRX

wrx50's 2011 wrx sedan build

Quote Originally Posted by The Gator View Post
    Thanks. I just went back to stock size because i kept getting pulled over and harassed. i was worrying if my mods would do more harm than good. Im not gonna try to turbo upgrade on stock cat back but stage 2 plus some extras sounds good.
    Your going to want to find an STi mid pipe or run your cat back mid pipe and stock axle back. That way the flow out of the turbo has a lot more time to taper than at the downpipe. My old STi was stage 2+ and running stock cat back kept having issues

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Oh hey TOrque!!!!

me = jelly!

yeah. should have been specific. i have a 3in midpipe from my HKS and a stock axleback. Thanks for the response.
    - Nicky -
    2006 WRX Steel Gray
    23:4--3:6--27:1

Quote Originally Posted by TankerTruck View Post
    me = jelly!
    You will have yours soon and then we can start the transformation

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the write up from my brake upgrade and complete pics is up! check it out!

4 pot/2 pot brake caliper upgrade 2008+ wrx

So... ah... what's next?

Rehabilitation maybe?

Just picked up a classic greddy boost gauge from some kid on nasioc. I love old school stuff. On to the pics

Should be here in a couple days

NICE rehab...

Update!

Ordered a 2 gauge 52mm BNA solutions pillar pod yesterday. I will be putting greddy white faced boost and oil pressure gauges in there

Haven't posted anything in a while so here's a quick update. My gauge pod from BNA solutions has shipped and that will be the next upgrade complete with greddy gauges(oil pressure and boost).

I also bought some silicone vacuum line to re do some of the lines in the bay and for the boost gauge. Some pics for all you picture readers.

There is really not much left to do to the car except suspension and wheels. I'm about to garage it for the season and bust out the explorer so she stays clean and rust free. Pics to come of the gauge pod

Most recent mod is the turboXS quad tip exhaust. I installed it yesterday with the turboXS carted bellmouth down pipe. The fitment was pretty good. It required minor modifications such as bending the hanger on the drivers side muffler to make it sit right. I also had to put a hose clamp around the rubber stock hanger and tighten it to pull the muffler up. I'm attributing this to the weight of the new mufflers.

The sound.....holy crap that setup is loud. It sounds very throaty and clean. It's not raspy in the least bit. I like the sound but I was hoping it would be a bit quieter. But with a full 3" turbo back I don't know why I thought it would be anything but loud.

Back to the system itself. It is clearly made very well. Awesome weld quality and huge thick flanges. It did not leak at all. Did I mention that it looks bad ass?

Overall a good quality exhaust but I'm glad I didn't pay retail for it. IMO $1200 is a bit much. Now for the pics

Sound clip normal driving conditions

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ctC9tgH...%3DctC9tgHXnK4

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.