ABS Delete on '07 STi

This is a discussion on ABS Delete on '07 STi within the Builds forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Tools we used: -10mm wrench or vice grips -strong hands -pliers -double flaring tool -pipe cutter -blue spray paint Parts: ...

Registered User ProRallyWannabe's Avatar

ABS Delete on '07 STi

Tools we used:
    -10mm wrench or vice grips
    -strong hands
    -pliers
    -double flaring tool
    -pipe cutter
    -blue spray paint

Parts:
    -(2) standard T-fittings
    -(6) standard connection fittings

to make it short and sweet, we pulled out all the brake lines in the engine bay (besides the ones that go through the fire wall to the rear wheels), straitened all the lines with our hands and a pair of pliers. after we figured out how we wanted to rout them, we bent them to fit close the the fire wall. after we had them where we wanted them, we cut the lines to length, flared them (double flare) and connected the fittings.

we used the stock metric connection fittings were the brake lines connected to the brake master cylinder and the stock proportioning valve (on the passenger side strut tower). we only used the standard connection fittings on the T's (standard T fitting = standard connection fitting)

i dont remember the size of the standard fittings but if you take a piece of brake line to the place (we went to TopLine in Temecula, Ca), they should be able to get the right size for you... thats what we did lol

"Strait roads are for fast cars... Turns are for fast drivers" -Colon Steele McRae (1968-2007)

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Any reason you took it out?

I believe you can disable it easily? They may have changed it in 08. I think mine pops off if I just hold down the traction control button for 20 seconds. It's pretty darn useful though, and mine was dead on the money - Not too aggressive or not too late - for road use at least.

My friend runs his in rally and I believe he still runs his ABS as well. I could be wrong though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    He was throwing balloons filled with sulfuric acid and shrapnel at the swat team. They finally had to take him down with rubber bullets.
    2011 STi Build Log
    -Part 1 - Reading, Data Logging, and Analyzing Data
    -Part 2 - Turbocharger 101 & Basic Boost Control
    -Part 3 - EcuFlash, Experimental Defintions, and a Drive By Wire Intro

ABS on earlier cars especially is a joke - on any car, it can make snow and gravel downright dangerous in many situations.

And yeah, it's easy to disable - just pull the fuse! It looks like OP was trying to clean up the engine bay while he did it.
    My big thread: The Used WRX Buying Checklist - Please Contribute!

My current car: 2002 WRB WRX Wagon.
    Mods: GM BCS, Carberry SD rom, uppipe, AEM UEGO, Klunk Killer, F+R shifter bushings, head unit

Registered User ProRallyWannabe's Avatar
    the reason for the delete was to have braking power in dirt. if you pull the fuse in '05+ STi's, it disables the DCCD. you can unplug the harness from the ABS unit but if your gonna do that, why not take it out?

plus weight reduction and to do something cool to the rally car lol
    Last edited by ProRallyWannabe; 06-20-2012 at 03:18 PM.
    "Strait roads are for fast cars... Turns are for fast drivers" -Colon Steele McRae (1968-2007)