Subaru WRX Forum banner

My 2006 Build

21K views 76 replies 12 participants last post by  BDD 
#1 · (Edited)
So my Member Show-off page started looking like a build thread so I will throw it over here...

Alright so I picked up a 2006 SGM WRX the other weekend from the original owner. It was pretty well taken care of and just got some overhaul done to it (rings, and valves). I bought this after considering doing a EJ25 swap to my 2004, but decided to just move up to 2006.

It has been a long couple of months but since I picked it up, I drove it to work for about a week and then put it down for modifying.

Now the car has my:
MY04 STi 6MT/drivetrain/rear diff
TGV Deletes
Air Pump Deletes
Turbo inlet
Eibach Lowering Springs
FMIC
APS Dual Vent
3'' TBE
GS 3port EBCS
FP Green HTA
DW 1300's
SPT SRI
DW Fuel Pump
New tires
(take a deep breath)

Now for a tank of E85 and a protune. I can't wait!

Attachments

See less See more
#9 ·
Looks nice man. I like the approach =)

#16 ·
It took me about 30 minutes to do this. You did it wrong.

#19 ·
If you got small hands you can get to the bolts on the passenger side. I didn't have my up pipe off, but it does have a flex section so I just sorta flexed it out of the way. The hardest part was getting the hard line that runs from the passenger side to part under the intake manifold off. Nothing some twisting and bending couldn't fix though :)

#21 ·
The key, racheting wrenches.

#29 ·
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automobile repair shop Motor vehicle
Text Technology Electronic device Screen Electronics
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Luxury vehicle Mid-size car

*UPDATE* Went to get a protune today and came back with some good news and bad news.

Good: Got great numbers, had a great experience, and learned a lot.

Bad: Overboosted pretty bad. Found out that my IWG is either bad or not for my car. It was not opening the gate properly and we were having all kinds of boost issues. So I have to go back once I get either a new IWG or EWG setup.

Made 425hp and 450tq but again like I said, my boost was all screwy and I was overboosting and popping charge pipes all over the place.

#30 ·
Bad: Overboosted pretty bad. Found out that my IWG is either bad or not for my car. It was not opening the gate properly and we were having all kinds of boost issues. So I have to go back once I get either a new IWG or EWG setup.
I noticed a Grimmspeed EBCS on your mod list. My tuner has issues with these and it could be your issue. I'd go with the Perrin one, it worked a lot better on my GF's car than the GS one did on mine.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.