50K views 364 replies 33 participants last post by  Heide264 
#1 · (Edited)
Make | Subaru
Year | 2012
Model |WRX
Trim | Limited
Color | Obsidian Black Pearl (OBP)
Style | Sedan 4-Door
Options | SPT Performance Exhaust (Replaced 8/15/2012)
Purchase Date | 04/05/2012
Purchase Miles | 17

Current Miles
1,012 - 5/23/2012
1,276 - 6/12/2012
2,556 - 8/13/2012
3,462 - 9/4/2012
6,300 - 3/10/2013

Engine Bay
Stage II
Accessport
Invidia Downpipe
SPT Exhaust (Replaced 8/15/2012)
MagnaFlow Catback Quad Tips
Perrin FMIC
Perrin CAI
Perrin Recirc Bypass Valve
Perrin Inlet Hose
Perrin Radiator Shroud
Perrin Strut Brace
Grimmspeed EBCS
Grimmspeed Pulley
Mishimoto Radiator Hose
DW 65C Fuel Pump (replaced 8/12/2012)
Walbro 255 LPH
NGK Iridium One Step Colder Spark Plugs
Torque Performance Stage 3 Map

Transmission
Cobb Short Throw Shifter
Cobb 5-Speed Shifter Bushing
Perrin Rear Shifter Bushings

Exterior
35% Tint
Debadge
Rally Armor
Perrin Shorty Antenna
STI Trunk

Interior
Red Footwell Lighting
Kenwood DNX 619HD
American Bass Front Speakers
Kenwood Rear Speakers
Kenwood RVC
Kenwood 10" Stealth Box
iPhone Aux cable
Subaru Extended Arm Rest
Proto Tuning Accesport Holder
WC Lathe Werks Titanium WRX Sphere

Oil Change
9/4/2012
3,462 miles
Motul 5W30 100% Synthetic 8100 X-Clean C3
Subaru OEM Oil Filter

Gas

8/31/2012
Station: Sunoco
Miles Tank: 286.5
Miles Gallon: 22.5
Total Gas: 12.87
Price Per: $4.089
Total: $52.45

8/24/2012
Station: Shell
Miles Tank: 155.9
Miles Gallon: 22.5
Total Gas: 7.002
Price Per: $4.099
Total: $28.78

8/19/2012
Station: Sunoco
Miles Tank: 196.3
Miles Gallon: 22.2
Total Gas: 13.436
Price Per: $4.019
Total: $54.00

7/21/2012
Station: Sheetz
Miles Tank: 257.3
Miles Gallon: 18.6
Total Gas: 11.506
Price Per: $3.899
Total: $44.86

7/11/2012
Station: Sheetz
Miles Tank: 304.1
Miles Gallon: 21.3
Total Gas: 15.195
Price Per: $3.659
Total: $55.60

Sean Scarmack
sscarmack@gmail.com
Scarmack Photography

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
4/6/2012 | Fresh off the lot posing for a shot

5/12/2012 | Debadge and Rally ArmoR

5/22/2012 | Time to rip

5/24/2012 | Changed out the Blue lighting to Red

5/25/2012 | Kenwood DNX619HD |Kenwood KFC-1694PS

KW Rear View Camera

5/31/2012 | Feels like Christmas

6/1/2012 | 35% Tint

6/2/2012 | Before - Engine Bay

Front Bumper Removal

6/5/2012 | Intake and Intercooler Removed and radiator hose installed

6/6/2012 | Support Beam Removed

6/7/2012 | FMIC Installed

6/10/2012 | Grimmspeed Electronic Boost Controller

6/11/2012 | Boost Tube Installing

Boost Tube Issues Fitting

Sexy Red Tubes

Finished

Before

After

6/12/2012 | Accessport Torque Performance Stage 3

6/14/2012 | Extended Arm Rest
Down

Up

6/15/2012 Also picked up these
3 Ton

3 Ton

#3 · (Edited)
6/15/2012 | More parts woo!

Perrin Radiator Shroud and Cobb Short Throw

Short throw install

Removal

Stock vs short

Before

After

Everything bolted up and fitted

6/15/2012 | Decided to fill her up and finally test drive her. Just my luck. Fuel leak.

DeatschWerks 265 LPH

I did not install the fuel pump. I had a local shop do it.

I got done installing everything and getting everything to fit properly so I decided to take the girl out. It was Friday night So I filled the tank up, went to a movie and came out and the car was reaking of gas. I sent a text to the guy who worked on it and told him what happened and his response was "bring it in Monday and I'll take a look at it".....Idk about you, but its Friday night and was car is leaking gas here. And you just want me to wait until Monday morning? That doesn't seem right to me. But luckily the car stops leaking after about a half hour. So from Friday night till I dropped it off this morning I lost exactly half a tank and only drove 12 miles. I'm slightly pissed about the whole thing. I was going to put my car in the Fathers Day car show but really didn't want someone smoking around it and next thing I know my car is 15 feet in the air exploding haha.

So I guess we'll see what they have to say.

Real Finished Photo

6/19/2012| Perrin Strut Brace

6/25/2012 | Powder Coated Stock Wheels

WRX and Genesis Coupe

6/24/2012 | Plasti-Dipped all the Wheel Center Caps and Side Badge

Thinking of doing the WRX in red?

7/26/2012 | Installed iPhone Aux cable

8/9/2012 | Dreaded Fuel Pump nightmare

8/10/2012 | Airing out the car haha

8/12/2012 | Celebrating getting the car running

8/14/2012 | Proto Tuning Accesport Holder

8/15/2012
MagnaFlow Catback Quad Tips

8/21/2012
Every time I would get in my car my nav screen would go to a blank screen and would say "Call Interrupt"...This would be very frustrating getting in the car and my music not playing automatically. You would have to click Menu, and then HD Radio, or ipod etc. Doesn't seem like a pain, but it was. You don't realize how annoying it is. So I tore into the head unit to fix this issue.

Cut the mute wire. Ta Da. Now everything works how its suppose to.

8/22/2012 | Perrin Shorty Antenna

8/28/2012 | WC Lathe Werks Titanium WRX Sphere

8/31/2012 | Kenwood 10" Stealth Box

#16 ·
Give me a few days to learn more about it and figure out all the features. And ib be glad too.

That first picture looks like a video game, did you do that with a camera or is it actually a game?
Haha. That's done with my camera. Thanks to photoshop.

How's that KW HU? And how do the new speaker's sound? WOuld you recommend this setup?

Thanks
So far I'm really liking it. The touch is very light and it's pretty precise and accurate. The colors are very vivid and bright and extremely easy to read. The bluetooth works like a charm and I like how it downloads your contacts and phone history into it. I also have the rear view camera hooked up to it and looks awesome. I would reccomdend this HU to anyone. Oh. And the navigation rocks.

As far as the speakers go. I have a little more playing around to do to get it just right. I didn't put in a sub woofer bc I didn't really want my car thumping that loud. I was just looking for a solid sounding system that didn't sound like it was in a tin can. I think I may need to get a amp though to help out. But overall. I am very happy with my purchase and would do it again tomorrow.

#30 · (Edited)
Well to start I am not a very "mechanical" person. I've race motocross so I've worked on dirt bikes and stuff but never really worked on cars. So this was a HUGE learning experience for me. What better way than to work on a brand new 30k dollar car ha-ha.

Issue one. I forgot to take off the factory coupler off the throttle body so the one tube kept coming up short about two inches and was bumping into the intake. Put the proper hose there and wouldn't you know it, it fits perfect. At the time I had no idea I had to change the coupler since it was underneath the manifold and seemed like there was no way of getting to it.

Issue two. I couldn't for the life of me get the second tube to line up on the right side. I rotated it every which way and nothing would fit. Even called up Perrin a few times and still ran into issues. Well here, you have to cut out a hole in the engine compartment. I must have missed that step in the instructions because I was trying to fit it behind the headlight and washer fluid container. Yeah, that wasn't working at all. Once I got the hole cut underneath, everything lined up perfectly and didn't give me one issue.

The inlet hose was a PITA, loosened up the manifold to get some clearance and was still hard.

Intake was straight forward

Boost controller was cake

Downpipe was a little difficult. It was pretty hard breaking those loose. Had one stud come out with the nut, so I need to replace that.

#29 ·
Yay!! Nice job, dude. That FMIC is massive... those don't restrict air flow to the regular radiator at all?

And stage 3?! Holy crap... how does it feel? :)

#32 ·
You've got balls the size of watermelons to be doing all this with not a lot of experience working with cars. Even had to cut holes?! Man I would never be able to do this on my own. Impressive stuff and that FMIC looks awesome.

What does all this do to the warranty on that brand new beautiful car? :D

#33 ·
Looking good! I'm holding off on the inlet on my car for a bit. Install is just too much of a PITA for it on it's own. I figure a set of tgv deletes, injectors, and rails/fpr should warrant the time, however ;).

You going to pair up that FMIC with anything bigger in the near future?

#40 ·
Did you do the headunit install yourself? What harnesses did you use and did you have to splice any wires?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.