Scarmack's Build to Destruction - Page 5
Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on Scarmack's Build to Destruction within the Builds forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by scarmack Haha thanks, this was a great learning experience. It's still not over yet though 6 hours. ...

Quote Originally Posted by scarmack View Post
    Haha thanks, this was a great learning experience. It's still not over yet though

6 hours. Not too bad, I remember driving to Texas for a family wedding. Now that sucked haha
    I would NEVER drive to your area because that's Steelers country! Yuck!!!

Driving to Texas for a wedding... I had a wedding in South Dakota for my cousin but we flew... $500/per person to fly 2-3 years ago.. meh

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by 96accord View Post
    I would NEVER drive to your area because that's Steelers country! Yuck!!!

Driving to Texas for a wedding... I had a wedding in South Dakota for my cousin but we flew... $500/per person to fly 2-3 years ago.. meh
    Hahaha...Yeah you may want to stay clear then, people are Steeler crazy here. I could careless haha.

It wasn't too bad though. We stopped along the one and visited a couple random cities. Nashville was really nice if your into that kind of thing.
    2012 Limited Black Pearl WRX
    My Build to Destruction
    52 Week Project

Hahaha...Yeah you may want to stay clear then, people are Steeler crazy here. I could careless haha.

It wasn't too bad though. We stopped along the one and visited a couple random cities. Nashville was really nice if your into that kind of thing.
    Phew. You are not a Steelers fan? That's good news! I can talk to you again. lol

How long was the drive? I drove from my house (Maryland) to Tail of the Dragon in NC/TN. That was about 9.5/10hrs.

Phew. You are not a Steelers fan? That's good news! I can talk to you again. lol

How long was the drive? I drove from my house (Maryland) to Tail of the Dragon in NC/TN. That was about 9.5/10hrs.
    Haha, no I'm not really a football fan, I'll watch it but I don't cheer for anyone in particular.

Thats awesome!!! I've always wanted to check out the tail. Looks like a kick ass time.

We drove from PA to columbus since we have family there, stayed for a night. That was 3 hours. Then Columbus to Nashville which i believe was 6 hours. Then Nashville to Georgetown Texas which I believe was 13 hours. After that I was dead. Never spent so much time in a car, driving none the less.
    My Build to Destruction
    52 Week Project

Ran into some snags last night trying to fit the bumper on. The driver side fog light is hitting the intercooler tube. I even shaved off a little of the plastic to get it past it and still won't fit. This is turning into a PITA.
    My Build to Destruction
    52 Week Project

Ran into some snags last night trying to fit the bumper on. The driver side fog light is hitting the intercooler tube. I even shaved off a little of the plastic to get it past it and still won't fit. This is turning into a PITA.
    I don't know about on the current generation but I know on previous years most FMIC you have to remove the fog lights..

I don't know about on the current generation but I know on previous years most FMIC you have to remove the fog lights..
    I hope not
    My Build to Destruction
    52 Week Project

I hope not
    I've seen a few '11s with FMIC.. I can't remember if they have the fogs still... I'm sure someone out there has the FMIC kit that keeps the lights. Don't know if it's your brand.

I've seen a few '11s with FMIC.. I can't remember if they have the fogs still... I'm sure someone out there has the FMIC kit that keeps the lights. Don't know if it's your brand.
    The fogs are factory. And I read that you just have to trim the plastic and I've trimmed a lot already. I guess I need to trim the bolt too.
    My Build to Destruction
    52 Week Project

He has a Fast Motorsports FMIC but not same brand as you and has his fogs still -> http://i1040.photobucket.com/albums/...3ae906c2_b.jpg

He has a Fast Motorsports FMIC but not same brand as you and has his fogs still -> http://i1040.photobucket.com/albums/...3ae906c2_b.jpg
    Damn, hmmmm. I'm gonna shoot Perrin a message and see if I'm over looking something.
    My Build to Destruction
    52 Week Project

Wait.. I found this thread on Nasioc (I believe he's on here too) and he has '11 WRX with Perrin FMIC like you

RSutton's 2011 SSM Hatch - Blouch Dom 1.5, Work, JPM, GReddy - NASIOC

rsutton.. I'm almost positive he's on here.

He doesn't have his passenger fog light... Weird

He states:

"There have been some questions on whether or not the factory fog lights will work with the Perrin FMIC. As you can see from the picture...they fit perfectly. The passenger side fog does fit but has been removed to decrease intake temps. I need to find a sponge or something to put behind it to keep water out...but so far it is doing the trick."

Pretty sure you just need to trim and possibly trim that bolt.
    2012 DGM 5 DOOR WRX
    Mods: Stage 2+
    "I live my life a twelve year old at a time. For those ten seconds or less, I'm free."
    Official ClubWRX Creeper

Ahhhhhh YES! Thats it.
    My Build to Destruction
    52 Week Project

Quote Originally Posted by maus View Post
    He states:

"There have been some questions on whether or not the factory fog lights will work with the Perrin FMIC. As you can see from the picture...they fit perfectly. The passenger side fog does fit but has been removed to decrease intake temps. I need to find a sponge or something to put behind it to keep water out...but so far it is doing the trick."

Pretty sure you just need to trim and possibly trim that bolt.
    Nice. Reading > me. I just look for pics lol