Scarmack's Build to Destruction - Page 24
Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 141516171819202122232425 LastLast

This is a discussion on Scarmack's Build to Destruction within the Builds forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by scarmack Corporates reimbursing me. Good to hear, the good news is you get a new windshield. New ...

Quote Originally Posted by scarmack View Post
    Corporates reimbursing me.
    Good to hear, the good news is you get a new windshield. New windshields are awesome, you don't realize how pitted your old one was until you get a new one.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Corporates reimbursing me.
    Like.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

Quote Originally Posted by michaelwfox View Post
    What was their reason behind making you pay for their mistake?
    I can't remember the actual wording bc I was so frustrated with them, but it was along the lines of...

It was already cracked and would of been a liability issue and these things aren't guaranteed to work. In the process of laying the "epoxy" (not sure if thats what he said) the crack slowly begin to spread and it was out of his hands after that point and he couldn't stop contain it. Theres not much else I can do (service manager) as it needs replaced and is out of my hands.

I then went on to say, "well you outsourced to this guy, if he damages my car or anyone else's car in the process, thats YOUR fault since you hired the guy."

Him "I understand where your coming from, but like I already said, Its out of my hands at this point."

Me "So what your telling me is, I can drop my car off for, lets say an oil change, and some how end of paying for a new hood bc when of your guys dropped a wrench on it by "accident" and now it needs replaced? How is that my fault? I dropped my car off to have my windshield plugged bc you said you could handle it. Never once did someone say, well these are tricky repairs and you may actually have to replace the whole thing. If that was the case, I would of just called Safe Lite or whatever it was for FREE and if they broke my windshield I guarantee they would own up to it and do something to make up for it. (Which I don't know if thats true or not, but I figured I'd try haha)

After this he was just repeating himself, saying it was out of his hands and they were tied.

So I said that was fine and hung up.

Quote Originally Posted by A265 View Post
    Good to hear, the good news is you get a new windshield. New windshields are awesome, you don't realize how pitted your old one was until you get a new one.
    Watch it be a used one, just my luck haha
    2012 Limited Black Pearl WRX
    My Build to Destruction
    52 Week Project

Glad corporate is making up for it. That service manager is a **** tard.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

I Support ClubWRX
    This wasn't a certain dealer that starts with "B" and ends in "aierl" by chance? I'd imagine you'd go to one further up north, but never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    He was throwing balloons filled with sulfuric acid and shrapnel at the swat team. They finally had to take him down with rubber bullets.
    2011 STi Build Log
    -Part 1 - Reading, Data Logging, and Analyzing Data
    -Part 2 - Turbocharger 101 & Basic Boost Control
    -Part 3 - EcuFlash, Experimental Defintions, and a Drive By Wire Intro

Haha no, I went to one in Boardman, Ohio.
    My Build to Destruction
    52 Week Project

I Support ClubWRX
    Haha no, I went to one in Boardman, Ohio.
    Just making sure, haha. Was gonna say... heck of a hike for a crappy service manager.
    He was throwing balloons filled with sulfuric acid and shrapnel at the swat team. They finally had to take him down with rubber bullets.
    2011 STi Build Log

Quote Originally Posted by Heide264 View Post
    This wasn't a certain dealer that starts with "B" and ends in "aierl" by chance? I'd imagine you'd go to one further up north, but never know.
    Do you have a story you care to share? That's where I bought my car and the few dealings I've had there have seemed ok.
    - Dave

2012 pbp WRX premium

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by djk5077 View Post
    Do you have a story you care to share? That's where I bought my car and the few dealings I've had there have seemed ok.
    Nothing bad. I bought my car there. The first oil change I had them do they put about ten miles on the car.. Which was a bit odd. Otherwise, no complaints.

It's worth noting that I haven't used their service department enough to form much of an opinion either way.
    2011 STi Build Log

Quote Originally Posted by Heide264 View Post
    Nothing bad. I bought my car there. The first oil change I had them do they put about ten miles on the car.. Which was a bit odd. Otherwise, no complaints.

It's worth noting that I haven't used their service department enough to form much of an opinion either way.
    OK, just making sure you hadn't had some huge negligence issue on their part or anything. I haven't been there all that much either. I had the turn signal issue fixed there about a month or two after getting the car and state inspection last month, but I think that's it.
    - Dave

2012 pbp WRX premium

Can I ask what you do for a living to afford all of those mods? not trying to be a D**k just want to know so i can either apply or go to school for it, being totally serious

Quote Originally Posted by Minshall40 View Post
    Can I ask what you do for a living to afford all of those mods? not trying to be a D**k just want to know so i can either apply or go to school for it, being totally serious
    I'm an IT Administrator. And I also have my own photography business on the side.
    My Build to Destruction
    52 Week Project

Thanks, thats really interesting, was just very curious because instead of seeing those boxes of parts in your house all i saw was dollar signs, but very cool, good for you! il have to look into that

I'm an IT Administrator. And I also have my own photography business on the side.
    Top Gear America - Tanner Foust on WRX/STI owners - YouTube
    (I too am a SysAdmin....so is half the board)

Im not part of that 1/2