Perrin 22mm FSB (stiff setting)
Perrin 22mm RSB (middle setting)
Perrin Endlinks
Perrin Stout Mounts
TIC Clunk-killer kit
TIC Rear Diff lockdown bolts
Whiteline Steering Rack bushings
Ebay STi (knockoff) front and rear strut tower bars
Custom Alignment -- -1.1 deg front camber, 0 toe, stock caster, -1.05 deg rear camber

Transmission Modifications:
Perrin shifter bushings
Subaru OEM Short Shifter
Group-N Transmission Mount
IXIZ concept clutch-stop

Wheel/Brake Modifications:
OZ Ultraleggera 17x8 +48 wheels (Summer wheels)
Rota GR-A 17x7.5 +48 wheels (Winter wheels)
Hankook Ventus V12 Evo 225/45/17 tires (Summer)
Bridgestone Blizzak LM60 225/45/17 tires (Winter)
Stoptech SS brake lines (front and rear)
Speed Bleeders
Motul RBF600 fluid
Prodrive 330mm Brake Calipers & Rotors (front)
H6 rear rotor upgrade painted silver to match the fronts
Flapatax mudflaps (Hate away MFers)

Interior
Subaru Ti shift knob
Pioneer AVIC F700BT HU
Ultra-wide rearview mirror (life-saver in MD traffic)
Cobra something-or-other radar detector w/ gps hardwired
ATI Clock Gaugepod
AEM UEGO Digital AFV gauge
Prosport Oil Pressure gauge
Prosport Oil Temperature gauge

Future Plans
2015 WRX FA20 Goodness :)
My fluids:
Engine Oil - GC (German Castrol) 0w-30
Tranny Oil - Subaru Extra-S
Brake Fluid - Motul RBF-600
Rear Diff Fluid - Motul diff fluid
Coolant - Prestone Yellow + Redline WaterWetter + Subaru Coolant Conditioner
Power steering - Subaru OEM

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
I decided to start one of these build threads to document my Bugeye wagon build :D

Here is my engine bay as it sits right now:

Pretty basic OTS Cobb Stage II tune + Tweaks for the STi intercooler including a Cobb TBE. Chassis enhancements include strut tower bars, sway bars, stout mounts, and end links. Sway bars are 22mm front (stiff setting) and 22mm rear (middle setting) solid bars. This is roughly equivalent to a 24mm front/22mm rear non-adjustable set. Custom alignment with -1.05 deg rear camber, -1.1 deg front camber, and approx. 0 deg toe and 0 mm caster. 17x8 O.Z. Ultraleggeras wrapped in Hankook Ventus V12 Evos (225/45/17) hide my enormous Prodrive 13" 4-piston front BBK. Rear brakes are the H6 (11.4") variety with stock 1-piston rear calipers. Motul RBF600 braking fluid courses through the braided Stoptech SS brake lines. There are various miscellaneous upgrades including bushings (STi Group-N transmission mount, Perrin Shifter bushings, Agency Power Pitch stop, IXIZ concept clutch stop, Whiteline Steering rack bushings) and small upgrades like Perrin LCP and Cobb SF intake (soon to be replaced by heat-wrapped Fujita intake).

Ready for "Stage 4" upgrades!!!

Blouch TD05H-18G Turbo, Fujita F5 (heat wrapped) cold air intake, DeatschWerks 750cc Cobb-spec injectors, Walbro 255lph fuel pump, Grimmspeed 3-port EBCS.

Attachments

#18 ·
For those interested, because Matthew brought this up...

The Intake has been wrapped in a insulating wrap and will be sprayed with an IR-reflective coating. This will protect the intake from heat transfer from convection/conduction (heat wrap) and also IR radiation (reflective spray).

#19 ·
question is, are you gonna pull a :bill: and have it torn down during CF12? ;)

#20 ·
Absolutely not :). I don't think I'll be installing/tuning until after June. Hoping for some availability from Phil at Element Tuning.

#24 ·
Nope, not yet. When my struts go.

I actually found from the original invoice (in the glovebox) that the original owner ordered the following packages:
1.) Premium sound package (Upgraded speaker and Subwoofer)
2.) Performance Group 16A Package (Short throw shifter, Boost Gauge, Titanium Shift knob)
3.) Peformance Suspension Package

Subaru 2003 Impreza WRX, Outback Sport, RS, TS prices, options.

SOA's definition of the performance suspension package:
4 struts, stabilizer kit, bushing kit list price plus inst $1,500
#B202FE31-to-50 DS)
To be honest, I'm not sure what struts were added, but I've replaced the sway bars and bushings since anyhow. The ride height isn't any lower than another Bugeye.

#27 ·
When did you do the big brakes? I like..

I def need to do something on the front of my lil piggy.. the factory front brakes on the later cars are def not up to the weight of the car.

Did you notice any change in normal daily driving? I know the track/agressive driving benefits, but curious how the bigger fronts with outback rears (similar to my 3G rears) feel around town.

#28 ·
The brakes are definitely much stronger... but now I notice the deficiency in the ABS system on the earlier cars much more.

I would say a good set of rotors and pads along with SS lines and high BP would get you 90% there for DD. I just needed a little bling and these were very well priced.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

#29 ·
FWIW when tracking I remove my ABS fuse and utilize threshold braking. However I'm not comfortable relying on threshold braking in DD. In fact, IMO the stock master cylinder isn't very well matched to my BBK, which makes threshold braking more difficult to initiate and control. One of these days I'll switch to a larger capacity master cylinder... I've yet to confirm if the STi MC is an upgrade...

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

#31 ·
If that's a reference to him being "Fat Zach" then it's not a good one. I'm still twice his size...and Bo still twice MY size :rotfl:

#36 ·
Likely slightly more conservative. My STi TMIC will hold me back. Also, I'm on my OEM Clutch.

I'll probably look for 300whp @ 20-21 PSI

#39 · (Edited)
:rotfl: We shall see. I'm not expecting it to hold, but I'll be happy if it does! 99K miles on the stock clutch (many of which are Stage 2 miles) isn't bad! The Agile dyno is a dynapack, so it will read high even with the CF. 2.0L running the 18G w/ 7cm^2 hotside albeit with a more efficient intercooler routinely put down about 315-330whp, so 300whp will be conservative.

I saw you said you have tracked it - any specific place?

What part of Maryland are you from? South/West/NorthEast?
The Subaru has never been tracked. I have done the Performance Driving Course Tier 1 and auto crossed in a Miata and an S2000. Maybe that's to what you're referring.

#41 ·
1 month until the tune! Somehow I have to install all the parts without having my car down for too long... hopefully nothing goes wrong!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.