WRX Protuned by Agile Auto
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on WRX Protuned by Agile Auto within the Builds forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Figured I'd do a little build thread on my car since it's become a hobby of mine now. The car ...

WRX Protuned by Agile Auto

Figured I'd do a little build thread on my car since it's become a hobby of mine now. The car is used as my daily driver now so I won't be doing anything too crazy. Just the basic power mods, some wheels if I ever decided on a set, and some cosmetic stuff.

Decided to go with Agile Auto in MD for the protune since I've read nothing but good things about Hill's tuning. I made the 4 hour trip yesterday and everything went very well. It was cool to check out the shop, the cars, motor's being built, etc... Hill was a very nice guy and answered my questions without rushing anything. Overall, I was very pleased with the tune and customer service. Hill said my car responded very well for what parts I have so I was happy about that too.

The car was tuned on Sunoco 93 octane which he highly recommended me to use and keep using.

Results: 315whp/342wtq @ 20.5 psi

Mods: Cobb AP, AEM intake, Invidia catted dp, Invidia Q300, Process West tmic, Grimmspeed ebcs, Forge bpv.

The car pulls very strong and feels much smoother even under normal driving conditions. It's really impressive feeling this much torque coming for a 4 cylinder which makes the car really fun to drive even without going wot.

I'd like to say I won't be searching for more power down the road but you never know if a Blouch 20g, up pipe with EWG, injectors, fuel pump, and clutch might pop up some day

2012 WRX ice silver metallic
    Protuned by Agile Auto 315whp/342wtq @ 20.5psi

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

That is one nice looking sedan you have there and those are pretty good numbers. The Invidia Catted DP, Process West TMIC, and Grimmspeed EBCS were actually on my list lol. Glad to see they yield good results. Were you at Stage 1 with the AP before this? How big of a difference is driving from before?
    2011 SWP WRX Hatch

New car making great numbers...I'm jealous. Gratz on the great choice of color as well.

I Support ClubWRX
    No graph? No care

Congrats!
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

I Support ClubWRX
    Nice #s!

I've been to Agile a few times myself - highly recommended.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

very nice altogether...

also, i dont think ive ever seen a dyno like that before..."where are the wheels" lol
    Zach
    Teh Intern @ WTF Tuning, LLC

2009 WRB Subaru Wrx Sedan: WTF Tuning Stg2
    Stink eye Mob #287
    N.E.R.D. #43252003274489856000 (the total number of configurations of the Rubik cube)
    "It's not turbo-lag, it's foreplay"

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by spirited09wrx View Post
    very nice altogether...

also, i dont think ive ever seen a dyno like that before..."where are the wheels" lol
    The dyno gets fastened to the dyno using the car's wheel studs. Pretty cool really.

Agile Automotive Performance - Dyno
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    Mods & Pics

I Support ClubWRX
    That dyno setup is pretty funky, never saw one like that before.
    '12 WRX Limited, 5-door -- Black

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by ea126405 View Post
    That dyno setup is pretty funky, never saw one like that before.
    It has some supposed accuracy advantages over a traditional tires on drums in the floor dyno. The one obvious plus is securing the car to the device. Instead of a series of straps to keep a car on the drums, the chassis mount is rock solid. I've had my WRX on both types - the chassis mount that Agile uses seems far more secure.
    Mods & Pics

Quote Originally Posted by Amaterasu View Post
    That is one nice looking sedan you have there and those are pretty good numbers. The Invidia Catted DP, Process West TMIC, and Grimmspeed EBCS were actually on my list lol. Glad to see they yield good results. Were you at Stage 1 with the AP before this? How big of a difference is driving from before?
    Thank you. I was actually at stage 2 + AEM right before the tune and it was a pretty impressive gain in power. The difference between this and stage 1 is huge. Even going from stage 1 to stage 2 was a nice torque gain.

Quote Originally Posted by subaken View Post
    New car making great numbers...I'm jealous. Gratz on the great choice of color as well.
    Thanks, I love the ice silver metallic. I was unsure how I'd like it from just seeing pics but after seeing it in person I'm very happy with it.

Quote Originally Posted by EJ257 View Post
    No graph? No care

Congrats!
    Ya, ya. I will have to e-mail Hill about sending me a pic of it because if I take a pic of the paper your not going to be able to see it worth crap on here.

Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch View Post
    Nice #s!

I've been to Agile a few times myself - highly recommended.
    Thanks man, I'm glad I went with them.

Quote Originally Posted by spirited09wrx View Post
    very nice altogether...

Thanks! Ya, the dynapack is different for sure. When I first researched them I was like what the heck kind of dyno is that?? But if you check out the link it's a good set up.

I Support ClubWRX
    Did you paint the intake black or use a different tube
    2012 WRB 4DR | SPT Exhaust | Short Throw | Rally Armour | WC Lathe Werks Custom TI Knob | Kartboy Bushings | Stoptech Brake Lines | JBK Elements DRL | STI HID Retrofit | XB LED Angel Eyes | GrimmSpeed Lightweight Crank Pulley

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    315whp with stock 565cc injectors? That amazes me...

IIRC, Dynapacks read much higher thanks to the loss of 120+ lbs of rotating mass...
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

Quote Originally Posted by cflip2x View Post
    Did you paint the intake black or use a different tube
    I picked up the AEM used and painted it black to match the wrx intake manifold.

Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post

IIRC, Dynapacks read much higher thanks to the loss of 120+ lbs of rotating mass...
    I was rather impressed myself after seeing most people closer to 300 give or take a few. Hill said every car is a bit different and my car responded really well with the parts I have and the weather conditions were pretty much perfect he said. My injector duty cycle was at 95% on the top end which is ok for a daily driver but would not be taken that high if I tracked the car.

I wouldn't say the Dynapack at Agile reads much higher. My baseline was 270ish whp and just under 300wtq with the ots stage 2 map while I seen another member here make 310whp/350wtq on another Dynapack at stage 2.

For comparison sake...
    http://youtu.be/vz1hx5fkF04

Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post

Actually a very good tuner told me that only in extreme cases do the injectors need to be changed if the car is on a stock turbo.. but i'm not mechanic, nor do I know a whole lot about these cars.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric05mx View Post
    I picked up the AEM used and painted it black to match the wrx intake manifold.

I was rather impressed myself after seeing most people closer to 300 give or take a few. Hill said every car is a bit different and my car responded really well with the parts I have and the weather conditions were pretty much perfect he said. My injector duty cycle was at 95% on the top end which is ok for a daily driver but would not be taken that high if I tracked the car.

I wouldn't say the Dynapack at Agile reads much higher. My baseline was 270ish whp and just under 300wtq with the ots stage 2 map while I seen another member here make 310whp/350wtq on another Dynapack at stage 2.

For comparison sake...
    308 WHP / 338 WTQ - 2011 Subaru WRX - COBB Tuning Plano - YouTube
    There's always going to be someone trying to down your numbers man... your tuner knows best and Agile pretty much tunes only Subaru's so i'd take their word over someone elses anyday. Good numbers... if youre happy with it that's all that's important.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.