WRX Protuned by Agile Auto - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on WRX Protuned by Agile Auto within the Builds forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Are the newer turbos bigger then an 18g? I have more mods and bigger injectors and only 5whp more and ...

Are the newer turbos bigger then an 18g? I have more mods and bigger injectors and only 5whp more and less torque when I got tuned at Agile. Awesome numbers! Im jealous!
    <-------- Taylor Swift.
    2006 WRX 330whp. 300wtq. Slow.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #137
    First Mods...what to do.
    Subaru Guide

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

No, I think vf52 is a ~37-38lb/min turbo and 18g is usually ~41-44lb/min. Not positive though. Your similar numbers could come from a large number of factors.
    Contributing unsolicited, worthless opinions since 9/10...
    The project I spend all my money on.... <---- Click it

Quote Originally Posted by Methodical4u View Post
    There's always going to be someone trying to down your numbers man... your tuner knows best and Agile pretty much tunes only Subaru's so i'd take their word over someone elses anyday. Good numbers... if youre happy with it that's all that's important.
    Ya, the numbers don't mean very much to me to be honest. I know the dyno is mainly a tuning tool and your right Hill is one of the top guys with Subaru's.

Quote Originally Posted by lytlec View Post
    Are the newer turbos bigger then an 18g? I have more mods and bigger injectors and only 5whp more and less torque when I got tuned at Agile. Awesome numbers! Im jealous!
    The VF52 is all mid range. Your top end probably pulls strong to red line where my hp curve tapers down on the top end. Looking at my graph I only gained like 10whp from 6000rpms to red line. The car is basically a mid range torque monster compared to before.

Hill told me this car will trap 111-113mph in the 1/4 which is pretty impressive to me. A friend of mine has a 2010 Camaro SS 6 speed with just an exhaust and we did a 35mph roll on (on a closed section of road of course). I put 2 car lengths on him by 3rd gear and had 1 car length on him when we let off at 125mph. I felt that was pretty decent considering the Camaro will trap around 110 in the 1/4 and pulls strong up top with the big V8.
    2012 WRX ice silver metallic
    Protuned by Agile Auto 315whp/342wtq @ 20.5psi

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Actually a very good tuner told me that only in extreme cases do the injectors need to be changed if the car is on a stock turbo.. but i'm not mechanic, nor do I know a whole lot about these cars.
    Cars tuned on VF43 will max 565cc injectors, and the VF52 flows similarly. Dynapacks do read higher, it's a fact of life. You don't think that removing the wheels and tires and connecting the dyno directly to the hub changes anything?

I'm considering doing my tune at Agile, so we will see what an 18G and 750cc injectors puts down on the same dyno.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

zax
    Quote Originally Posted by metaldahlberg View Post
    No, I think vf52 is a ~37-38lb/min turbo and 18g is usually ~41-44lb/min. Not positive though. Your similar numbers could come from a large number of factors.
    VF52 flows 435cfm (32 lbs/min)
    TD06H/18G flows 41 lbs/min

The 18G will provide much more punch at high-RPM but lack the midrange of the VF52.

Facebook me here

Ah ok, so that makes sense. Oh and I have 650cc injectors....I should have went bigger...Hill said they were limiting me. And yes...my power does pull the whole way to redline. Those are great numbers for a stock turbo though! I had a very positive experience with Hill as well, great shop...everyone there was friendly.
    <-------- Taylor Swift.
    2006 WRX 330whp. 300wtq. Slow.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #137
    First Mods...what to do.
    Subaru Guide

Registered User Reverand Hustle's Avatar
    The PW TMIC looks great on this. What do you think the intercooler is adding...or saving perhaps. I'm running similar upgrades but with the stock IC and just wondering about your decision process on the aftermarket TMIC. Strongly considering the purchase.

Hey Eric.. good news man... my friend said he knows quite a few guys who have tuned there and then gotten dyno'ed again and that Agile's dyno reads low... like inbetween a dynojet and mustang dyno... so definitely good numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Reverand Hustle View Post
    The PW TMIC looks great on this. What do you think the intercooler is adding...or saving perhaps. I'm running similar upgrades but with the stock IC and just wondering about your decision process on the aftermarket TMIC. Strongly considering the purchase.
    I think from what i've been told it can help to add 10-20 whp... obviously it's ability to cool more efficiently is where the power is made so it also might depend on your area and typical temps. I will likely get one later on myself as well.

I Support ClubWRX
    I'm still waiting for that graph...
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Quote Originally Posted by lytlec View Post
    Ah ok, so that makes sense. Oh and I have 650cc injectors....I should have went bigger...Hill said they were limiting me. And yes...my power does pull the whole way to redline. Those are great numbers for a stock turbo though! I had a very positive experience with Hill as well, great shop...everyone there was friendly.
    Ya, you probably have me by a good 30whp in the higher rpm's. Peak numbers only tell a fraction of the story. I agree, Agile is a great place.

Quote Originally Posted by Reverand Hustle View Post
    With proper tuning the Process West will and roughly 30whp/30wtq due to increased cooling and the ability to safely run more boost. I didn't want to run a fmic and after doing some research I found the Process West to be the only tmic worth buying but the price hurt. It took me a few months of debating the purchase of the tmic and tune.

Hey Eric.. good news man... my friend said he knows quite a few guys who have tuned there and then gotten dyno'ed again and that Agile's dyno reads low... like inbetween a dynojet and mustang dyno... so definitely good numbers.
    Thanks for the info. I don't know if I'd say they read low but I'm sure Agile's Dynapack is calibrated to be fairly accurate. Like the video I posted of another car with pretty much the same parts making 308/338. However, numbers don't mean much. It's all about the curve. Like I said previously, my car only gained like 10whp over the Cobb ots map from 6000rpm's to red line but I gained about 50wtq in the mid range.

Quote Originally Posted by EJ257 View Post
    I'm still waiting for that graph...
    Me too, I emailed them about sending it to me. In the mean time I will try to take a pic of the paper graph with the proper lighting.

double post
    Last edited by Eric05mx; 05-23-2012 at 05:35 AM. Reason: double post

zax
    I think I'll be tuned at Agile mid July! So far, they've been very responsive.

Facebook me here

[QUOTE=Eric05mx;2892294]Ya, you probably have me by a good 30whp in the higher rpm's. Peak numbers only tell a fraction of the story. I agree, Agile is a great place.
    QUOTE]

I may have gone there if they did the opensource tuning, but TP is one of the few that does it and while a protune would likely yield more results... I don't have 600.00 for an AP and another 500 for a protune... oh well... i'll likely go stage 3 with TP and that will be it for me. The only thing is for safety I will likely add injectors and of course a fuel pump.

Registered User Reverand Hustle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    I think I'll be tuned at Agile mid July! So far, they've been very responsive.
    Yeah, no doubt. Run by the Agile folks. It is always nice dealing with edumacated civilized peoples.
    And remember,
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric05mx View Post
    numbers don't mean much. It's all about the curve.
    That's what she said.

Seriously though. Love the statement. Excellent point.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast