Subaru WRX Forum banner

My New 2012 DGM WRX Sedan

16K views 87 replies 17 participants last post by  Chance1218 
#1 · (Edited)
Picked up my 2012 wrx sedan mid March and I am loving every second of it. I traded in my 2009 Subaru Impreza 2.5i HB.
I have wanted a STI since I was like 12 (2002) and finally got myself a wrx. :)
My car came with the STI STS, roof racks, all weather floor mats, and trunk liner.

Current MODS:
Exterior:
Rally Armor Mudflaps
Hella Supertones
Nokya 2500k Fogs and DRL/High beams
LED DRLS/Turn Signals

Interior:
Cobb Shift Knob
LED footwell Lights

Performance:
Cobb Accessport
Cobb SF Intake
Whiteline 24mm Front Sway Bar
Whiteline 22mm Rear Sway Bar With Sway Bar Brace
Whiteline Rear Differential (Front/Rear) Bushings/Inserts
Whiteline Transmission Bushings
STI Group N Transmission Mount
Kartboy Front/Rear Shifter Bushings
Kartboy Front/Rear Endlinks
Nameless Performance Turboback Exhaust
Nameless Performance Turbo Heat Shield
Perrin Strut Tower Bar
Perrin Pitch Stop Mount
Perrin Turbo Inlet Hose
Perrin Polyurethane Exhaust Hangers
Grimmspeed Master Cylinder Brace
Grimmspeed PnP Headers
Grimmspeed High Flow Crosspipe
Grimmspeed High Flow Uppipe

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Subaru impreza wrx sti Subaru

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Alloy wheel Rim

See less See more
#4 ·
Good job getting the best color. The accessport (or an opensource tune) makes this car run totally better.

#5 ·
Congrats on the WRX!
I agree you picked a great color.
Also you got a awesome mod list going. I can't wait to see the car with the tint it's going to look very clean.

#10 ·
thanks. was a pain to install... might have to take the bumper off later and check everything (when i put the dual color LED turn signals in). next is going to be 35% tint, 50% tint on the clear part of the tail lights, and maybe some black out for the chrome strip under the windows on the doors.
oh.. and buying new WRX badges for the front and back of the car..
Paint thinner to remove chrome, priming, red paint, and finally clear coat.. then will fully debadge the rear of the car (except new red WRX logo) :)

#12 ·
Mainly because i want to get the 3.5" staggered black powdercoat version. The only "issue" i have ever had with the md kit is i travel 20 miles a day on freeways to/from work and it is a tad bit loud. on city streets it is perfectly fine and sounds awesome. i would definitely recommend it if u don't freeway drive all day or don't mind loud noise. (it does overpower road noise when on the throttle at 2600-2900rpm 60-70mph)

#16 ·
lol thanks, ya i love both colors. "honestly I picked the DGM because I am kind of anal about color matching and I hate how the interior is red and the exterior is blue... I WISH I could (From the manufacturer) have the red in the dash be blue, and the wrx/stitching be blue... lol.
and I changed the horns just for fun.. they look cooler then the tiny stock horn and they are super loud which is just fun. :p

#23 ·
thanks. lol

Next upgrades look like they will be the Whiteline Rear Diff. inserts/bushings, and the Rear Subframe inserts.

Wants:
Nameless Performance TBE
Koni Yellows
Eibach Pro-kit
Whiteline 24f/22r sb's
Kartboy f/r endlinks

Still trying to find the right wheels.... found some Rota (black) 18x9's... but idk if 18x9 is too wide... i want to avoid any sort of fender roll... and also weight.

#25 ·
How do you handle all the females throwing themselves at your car everytime you are at a red light? Some times I just want to drive and not deal with them. Makes me wish I got WRB instead of DGM.

#29 ·
So I was driving to Seattle this morning and was in the HOV lane, came over a crest, (had a huge GMC SUV directly to my right) and there was a hood of a car in the middle of the lane.. started to hit the brakes, and the car behind me was flying at me and not slowing down.. tried to avoid the hood as best as possible, punctured my front left tire (fixed for free at Les Schwab) and got a nice tear in my RA mudflap so now it sits funny... not sure if there was any other damage..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.