Subaru WRX Forum banner

My New 2012 DGM WRX Sedan

16K views 87 replies 17 participants last post by  Chance1218 
#1 · (Edited)
Picked up my 2012 wrx sedan mid March and I am loving every second of it. I traded in my 2009 Subaru Impreza 2.5i HB.
I have wanted a STI since I was like 12 (2002) and finally got myself a wrx. :)
My car came with the STI STS, roof racks, all weather floor mats, and trunk liner.

Current MODS:
Exterior:
Rally Armor Mudflaps
Hella Supertones
Nokya 2500k Fogs and DRL/High beams
LED DRLS/Turn Signals

Interior:
Cobb Shift Knob
LED footwell Lights

Performance:
Cobb Accessport
Cobb SF Intake
Whiteline 24mm Front Sway Bar
Whiteline 22mm Rear Sway Bar With Sway Bar Brace
Whiteline Rear Differential (Front/Rear) Bushings/Inserts
Whiteline Transmission Bushings
STI Group N Transmission Mount
Kartboy Front/Rear Shifter Bushings
Kartboy Front/Rear Endlinks
Nameless Performance Turboback Exhaust
Nameless Performance Turbo Heat Shield
Perrin Strut Tower Bar
Perrin Pitch Stop Mount
Perrin Turbo Inlet Hose
Perrin Polyurethane Exhaust Hangers
Grimmspeed Master Cylinder Brace
Grimmspeed PnP Headers
Grimmspeed High Flow Crosspipe
Grimmspeed High Flow Uppipe

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Subaru impreza wrx sti Subaru

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Alloy wheel Rim

See less See more
#33 · (Edited)
Initial Review from 1 day of driving:
The bushings dont make a crazy amount of difference. I definitely can tell a small difference.. The Positive impact is more pronounced when accelerating up hill. it feels like there is more power going to the wheels/quicker response.
no extra NVH
(Edit on day 1)
My girlfriend is the one who commented/noticed that when shifting quick, the bushings reduce the amount of Thud/shudder/thunk/clunk that happens in the back of the car. it is actually a very nice improvement.

#35 · (Edited)
My friend and I installed them in his driveway (neither of us are very mechanically inclined :p )
the front bushings were a PITA to get in... we took a drill, and drilled out the rubber part of the bushings (both sides) took apart his hack saw and placed the blade inside the bushing ring, and sawed out the inner ring. we actually didnt do anything to the outer ring/brace which was good. it worked really well. not going to go around telling people its a good way of doing it, but it worked. (it was 6pm and no places were open that had a press) putting in the bushings/re-installing the brace only took about 10 minutes.

#44 ·
Just installed the Grimmspeed Master Cylinder Brace and the Perrin Performance Pitch Stop Mount.. IMMEDIATE difference in even casual starting/stopping.. reduced boating/bouncing feeling in starts/shifts, and completely removed that 1st .5-1 inch squish in the brake pedal when braking. I LOVE IT!
Auto part Radiator Grille Vehicle

#48 ·
Well IMO it's a bit more complicated than that. haha. The muffler delete isn't horrible on the highway, it's just louder than stock.. I recently drove a 300mi freeway trip and if you have 0 music it is loud and kind of annoying... A constant fairly fast paced rumble.. (nowhere near as bad as that weird vibrating drone at 1500rpm on the stock exhaust) Any sort of music will drown it out but you have to have more music than stock... for me on the stock stereo system, I listen to the radio on 12(street) 14(freeway)... after the muffler delete, it is 12(street) 18(freeway).. I dont like my music super loud, but enough to really listen to it.. and I listen to all types of music. The other thing is what I have gathered from asking others on this forum and from other forums, and I will be getting an aftermarket Midpipe soon, and it will make the system a tad bit louder still.. so for me, I wouldn't recommend it, but in reality.. To each their own.. haha

#54 ·
Accessport or Nameless performance 5" mufflers... hmmm... Accessport is $60 cheaper and free shipping, but nameless is free shipping and a coupon for 5-10% off next purchase... i HATE that droning noise the stock mufflers have, but STAGE 1! what to do... :( lol

#66 ·
well so far i love it. much smoother and more powerful.. and from what I read, as long as you completely uninstall it from the car (i.e. Unmarry it) they cant see it. if anything it would say that you unplugged the battery. so I wouldnt worry about it. thats y I waited so long to get it, but then read some forum posts that COBB Tuning posted, and it made me worry no more. and P.S. I would get it soon, They are having a big sale right now on AP's. $535 instead of $595.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.