2012 ISM Hatch slow build

This is a discussion on 2012 ISM Hatch slow build within the Builds forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; This will be a slooooow build but I am going to post on here anyway mainly to save my progress. ...

2012 ISM Hatch slow build

This will be a slooooow build but I am going to post on here anyway mainly to save my progress.

I got my 2012 ISM wrx limited last weekend, and my current plans are to just tint the windows, add a wing fairing to the OEM roof rack, get some hellas so my alarm will scare the **** out of anyone, powder coat the rims black, and get a lip kit. After a year or two I will finally void the warranty and get a turbo back catless exhaust and and CAI with an accessport. After then the opportunities are really endless.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	car1.JPG 
Views:	67 
Size:	14.4 KB 
ID:	104364Click image for larger version. 

Name:	car.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	41.4 KB 
ID:	104365Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hellas.JPG 
Views:	65 
Size:	199.3 KB 
ID:	104366

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Can't wait to see the progress. I'm in the same boat as you. Just got my sedan two weeks ago and don't want to void a 7 year warranty haha

Yeah, it sucks I would love to modify the engine now but voiding the warranty on a brand new car just isnt the smartest thing to do

Quote Originally Posted by AbwTCU11 View Post
    Yeah, it sucks I would love to modify the engine now but voiding the warranty on a brand new car just isnt the smartest thing to do
    Smart thinking. I'll prolly do a intake and maybe a downpipe then have it tuned and im calling it a day as far as performance goes. Now making it look pretty will be a different story

You don't void a warranty at all....you just open up for possible warranty claim denials. Big difference
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Even if you protune or get the access port? I figured anything that you change to the ecu would automatically void the warranty.

Nah, not like that at all.

I'll lay it out there for you like this: If you throw a stage 2 tune on your car with a DP, you've modified the engine. But if you blow a strut out under warranty, they have to replace it as long as you didn't do anything negligent. They are unrelated.

However, there's a POSSIBILITY, that if you spun a bearing in the engine or if you shredded a gear, that they would deny that specific claim if they can tell that the added power of Stage 2 is what led directly to that issue occuring. There are also many times where dealers will overlook mods and perform warranty anyway.

That's the thing though...you have to pay to play. If you want to honor warranty and not take a chance, that's fine and completely understandable. Just know that the mod bug will get you, and you'll succumb anyway
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying