My wife's 06 WRX
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on My wife's 06 WRX within the Builds forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; We bought this 06 WRX about 2 years ago with 68k on the clock iirc. A month later the stock ...

My wife's 06 WRX

We bought this 06 WRX about 2 years ago with 68k on the clock iirc. A month later the stock turbo seized up unexpectedly. Instead of putting another stock turbo in we decided to upgrade to the new Blouch 20G-XT. We had to keep the boost low to conserve the glass box as long as possible. We went with a Turbo XS FMIC, Walbro 255, 740CC injectors, turbosmart MBC and a Cobb SRI. With that combo on 17.5psi we put down 345/334.

Last November the transmission finally grenaded itself and we put in a set of PPG gears. We went back to get retuned and made 345/345 with 4.7v on the MAF. I didn't want to risk throwing codes so I went to autozone and picked up a 3" MAF housing and new air filter to hook up to it. We went back and made 383/365 on 20psi of boost on the 100% stock motor. We decided to play it safe and stay at 20psi until we decide to go with a forged set up. The car hasn't seen the 1/4 mile track yet but I'm looking to take it to Atco soon to get some numbers. As of now we only have an ACT "stage 1" clutch or something wimpy like that so I don't think I'll be able to get a good launch but I'll certainly try.

To give you an idea of how fast the car is, I did have a short roll race on the way home from the dyno vs my GTO and I gave my wife the hit to build boost. As soon as I heard her spool I went WOT, she actually pulled on me to the top of her third gear and then she shifted and I pulled ahead and hung there until we both shut down around 110 or so.
    04 GTO M6 - LS2 heads, Cam, intake, exhaust, 3.91's
    411/380
    PB: 11.7 @ 122, 1.7 60'
    06 WRX Limited M5 - Blouch TD06 20G-XT, HKS catless DP, SRS Cat-back, Cobb intake, Turbo-XS FMIC, Turbosmart MBC, Walbro FP, 740CC Injectors, KB short shifter
    Opensource tune by Precision Tuning - 383/365 (20psi)

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

ClubWRX.net Vendor adam@kronosperformance's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Yeah the BIG MAF housing makes things easier for tuning and be able to make more power.

Your wifes car sounds like a beast. You should bring it to one of the Wednesday meets.
    ClubWRX.net's #1 Vendor! www.kronosperformance.com sales@kronosperformance.com Call/Text 732-742-8837 We Offer a Military Discount
    Our Facebook | Our Twitter | Our Instagram | Our Pinterest
    Our featured brands
    RALLY ARMOR | BC RACING | PERRIN | MISHIMOTO | GRIMMSPEED

I see you're in Belle Mead. I actually live in Princeton/Montgomery. Are you referring to the Marlton meet on Wednesdays? I am planning on going there with both cars this week since I'm going to be spending the week at my parents house in Medford.
    04 GTO M6 - LS2 heads, Cam, intake, exhaust, 3.91's
    411/380
    PB: 11.7 @ 122, 1.7 60'
    06 WRX Limited M5 - Blouch TD06 20G-XT, HKS catless DP, SRS Cat-back, Cobb intake, Turbo-XS FMIC, Turbosmart MBC, Walbro FP, 740CC Injectors, KB short shifter
    Opensource tune by Precision Tuning - 383/365 (20psi)

ClubWRX.net Vendor adam@kronosperformance's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Yeah that meet. I might not make it this week for that meet though.
    ClubWRX.net's #1 Vendor! www.kronosperformance.com sales@kronosperformance.com Call/Text 732-742-8837 We Offer a Military Discount
    Our Facebook | Our Twitter | Our Instagram | Our Pinterest
    Our featured brands
    RALLY ARMOR | BC RACING | PERRIN | MISHIMOTO | GRIMMSPEED

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.