advice??

This is a discussion on advice?? within the Builds forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; okay i own a 2002 subaru impreza 2.5 rs .. i just finished adding a turbo kit onto it. i ...

Question advice??

okay i own a 2002 subaru impreza 2.5 rs .. i just finished adding a turbo kit onto it. i have a crazy idea on working up the 2.5 sohc engine but people tell me that theres no point. Just get a wrx swap?? hmmm

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by ineedperiko View Post
    okay i own a 2002 subaru impreza 2.5 rs .. i just finished adding a turbo kit onto it. i have a crazy idea on working up the 2.5 sohc engine but people tell me that theres no point. Just get a wrx swap?? hmmm
    If you already installed a turbo, you already have a turbo car. Now doing a WRX swap on top of that makes less sense because you're adding expenses. Even doing a WRX swap in the first place isn't what I'd have done, since a WRX of the same year is readily available, stock form, in the used market.

I guess I'm unsure what your goals are. Are you happy with the turbo'ed car? If not, why not? If you want more and more power, for example, almost invariably the answer is going to be get a factory turbo 2.5 car etc. as far as I'm concerned.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I Support ClubWRX
    Im not sure what the SOHC puts out with a turbo kit.. Personally Id of sold the car and bought the car and color you wanted.

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

i mean was just wondering much power a SOHC can put out to see if i should continue throwing money in it or not. but from what people tell me the SOHC are weak and will break sooner ..

im only boosting 5 pounds. dont wana boost alot till i get better fuel injectors. barely feel it

Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with the ship Drews's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by ineedperiko View Post
    im only boosting 5 pounds. dont wana boost alot till i get better fuel injectors. barely feel it
    Even if you try and boost more with bigger injectors I don't see you making much power. You'll make more than stock but the N/A 2.5 isn't designed for boost. Or they would have put a turbo on it from the factory. A WRX/STI swap is a logical choice, but it's going to get expensive. On the other hand, you'll be able to make significantly more power with an EJ255 or EJ257 under the hood. They are designed for boost, where as your current motor, really isn't.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Eleventy,000,000,000|N.E.R.D. Member 20,000
    Stable: 2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo (Matte Grey), 06 LGT, 03 WRX, 98 RS, 00 OBS

Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

What kind of turbo swap did you do?
    <-------- Taylor Swift.
    2006 WRX 330whp. 300wtq. Slow.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #137
    First Mods...what to do.
    Subaru Guide

I Support ClubWRX
    Do some math and see if you part out the turbo kit, sell the car as stock, and sell any other parts you have around, how far you'd be from buying a WRX.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by lytlec View Post
    What kind of turbo swap did you do?
    +1 this would be helpful. But why did you do this in the first place? It would have made much more sense to just sell the current car and buy one designed to run a turbo...
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading