Brad's 2011 SWP sedan build
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Brad's 2011 SWP sedan build within the Builds forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Well, I've had the car for 6 months now, so I figured I'd go ahead and start a build thread. ...

Brad's 2011 SWP sedan build

Well, I've had the car for 6 months now, so I figured I'd go ahead and start a build thread. Going to take my time with it and build it right. So for now, here's what I've got:

Current Mods:
    Cobb SF intake
    Cobb shifter bushings
    Cobb AP Stage 1 + SF 91
    Nameless Axleback Exhaust
    Whiteline rear differential bushings

Next on the list:
    Whiteline rear swaybar
    Kartboy endlinks
    Whiteline shift kit bushings
    Pitchstop & Transmission mount
    dash gauge cluster
    boost, a/f, and oil pressure gauges

After that:
    Downpipe
    Built block
    GT35r
    E85 conversion

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2012-03-30_19-24-50_153.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	63.3 KB 
ID:	103877
    Last edited by bradboyd80; 06-15-2012 at 05:40 PM.
    '11 SWP WRX: Cobb front/rear shifter bushings, Whiteline rear diff front bushings, Nameless axleback

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

nice!
    do you have the STI STS?

Thanks! And, yes I do!
    '11 SWP WRX: Cobb front/rear shifter bushings, Whiteline rear diff front bushings, Nameless axleback

quick question then, do you notice anything different with the cobb shifter bushings?

Thoughts on lowering it? I have the base SWP WRX and have been thinking about lowering it an inch or so. I haven't researched enough to speak much about it, but I think it would look good.

... what is STI STS?

Quote Originally Posted by jdubya View Post
    Thoughts on lowering it? I have the base SWP WRX and have been thinking about lowering it an inch or so. I haven't researched enough to speak much about it, but I think it would look good.
    I would love to lower it. Forgot to put that on there. Will probably go with some full coilovers well before I get to the built block. Its the best way to go. Lowering springs will wear your stock shocks out faster.

... what is STI STS?
    Basically just a subaru brand short shifter. Shortens the distance traveled by your shifter for quicker shifts. Personally I don't like the STI version.....shifting still feels a tad sloppy even with the bushings. Eventually I want to replace it with the Cobb.

Quote Originally Posted by Chance1218 View Post
    quick question then, do you notice anything different with the cobb shifter bushings?
    The STI shifter still feels a tad sloppy, but definitely not as bad with the bushings.

can't speak for OP but I am looking at the Koni Yellow Struts with Eibach Pro-kit springs.
    from the reviews and testings I have seen online, the H&R springs perform a tiny bit better on the track, but the Eibach Pro-kit's are a tad bit better on the street...
    I am sure you can ask a bunch of people about it, but I found them here:
    Front: Koni Yellow Sport Shocks 08+ WRX Only / Front Only [8610-1453SPORT] - $190.00 : Kronos Performance, Fueling the Car Lover Within
    Rear: Koni Yellow Sport Shocks 08+ WRX Only / Rear Only [8010-1055SPORT] - $180.00 : Kronos Performance, Fueling the Car Lover Within
    Springs: Eibach Pro-Kit for 09-10 Subarua WRX 4 & 5 Door 2.5L Turbo [7721.140] - $280.00 : Kronos Performance, Fueling the Car Lover Within
    or: H&R 08-up Subaru Impreza Sedan/ Hatchback Sport Spring H&R 08-Up Subaru [54460] - $286.00 : Kronos Performance, Fueling the Car Lover Within

Quote Originally Posted by bradboyd80 View Post
    The STI shifter still feels a tad sloppy, but definitely not as bad with the bushings.
    I dont have any AM bushings, and I never drove the non-STS wrx to get a comparison, but I do notice that sometimes it feels hard to get into gear, locked out, etc. with the STI shifter.. I was thinking the COBB one as a good upgrade too.. I just couldnt find if there was a difference between the COBB and Kartboy STS, and between the bushings.

Ah - Short Throw Shifter (STS) .....duh

I'd definitely like to add a STS to my car, interested to know the difficulty level though.
    I think I need a 2nd job to fund my wish list! :S

I've heard a lot of good things about the Koni's also. Personally I want to go with the Tein basic or BC. Affordable, yet good quality.

I wouldn't know the difference in the Cobb and Kartboy STS either, but both are great companies, so you probably can't go wrong either way.

Install on a STS can't be all that bad. I haven't had to do it on a WRX, but in several other cars I've done, it was only difficult because you're working with tight spaces. If you have access to a lift it would make things a lot easier too.

I'd definitely like to add a STS to my car, interested to know the difficulty level though.
    I think I need a 2nd job to fund my wish list! :S
    lol ya I am in the process of trying to get a promotion to get more car money. :P

2011 WRX Short throw shifter install - YouTube

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.