Need ideas.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Need ideas. within the Builds forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; 2009 wrx bone stock with

,000 to spend. and.... Go!...

Need ideas.

2009 wrx bone stock with $1,000 to spend.

and....

Go!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Maintenance first. Either your 30K, 60K, 90K, or 105K are coming up. Prefer authentic Subaru parts.

Other than that, tyres. They'll make the most difference in handling.

If all of the above are done, look into open source mapping.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I Support ClubWRX
    Current mod list?
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

I Support ClubWRX
    Oops I don't read sometimes

Don't discount what SD said though. If the maintenance is needed by Subaru standards there is no reason to pass it up.

If not, I'd do some suspension work. Koni's, sway bars, endlinks and bushings!

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR

Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    Maintenance first. Either your 30K, 60K, 90K, or 105K are coming up. Prefer authentic Subaru parts.

Other than that, tyres. They'll make the most difference in handling.

If all of the above are done, look into open source mapping.
    Well, the motor was replaced about 8k ago due to a thrown rod bearing... ya know, that knock issue they had. So I'm sitting on 38k on the car, and 8k on the motor. All maintinance is done in that resepct. I was looking for performance upgrades. Thinking Cobb. Haven't read too much on the open source option yet. But adjustible swaybars are in my future.

Quote Originally Posted by michaelwfox View Post
    Current mod list?
    Ummm...

Quote Originally Posted by jesterking View Post
    2009 wrx bone stock with $1,000 to spend.

and....

Go!

I Support ClubWRX
    Have the replacements been as reliable as, say, a 2010 or as a 2009 was meant to be? You could consider staying as you are with the motor until the warranty is well done, just to see if there are any further problems.
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

ahh, you beat me to my rage post! lol

yeah, like I said, all the maintinance is up to date by subaru due to that rod kock issue that I had to have my engine replaced. Infact, I just spoke with the service guy the other day, and he said to come in at 45k for the next schedualed service.

I was thinking whiteline adjustible sways with some with matching endlinks and a possible steering rack bushing upgrade.

Thoughts? I still want more powa though...
    Last edited by jesterking; 04-09-2012 at 07:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    Have the replacements been as reliable as, say, a 2010 or as a 2009 was meant to be? You could consider staying as you are with the motor until the warranty is well done, just to see if there are any further problems.
    As far as I know they are... Well, the only real change I would do to the actual engine would be an intake and a flash. Which both could be easily changed back to stock if there was a problem... ya know?

I Support ClubWRX

I Support ClubWRX
    Save $900 more and get the full Stg 2 package from Kronos Performance. Clicky!

Comes with intake, DP, catback and a Cobb AP if you get the full package. If not you still get the AP and a DP for a little under $1000. Plus right now he is having a 7% sale on anything above $200.

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR

I just picked up a set of whiteline sways (24F/22R) and kartboy endlinks and they are loads of fun. I would consider holding off on the power mods until warranty is closer to being up, but thats up to you. Other than that a cat back exhaust, or even an axle back, will give the car some growl. It makes me smile and enjoy my ride that much more
    Zach
    Teh Intern @ WTF Tuning, LLC

2009 WRB Subaru Wrx Sedan: WTF Tuning Stg2
    Stink eye Mob #287
    N.E.R.D. #43252003274489856000 (the total number of configurations of the Rubik cube)
    "It's not turbo-lag, it's foreplay"

Sounds like a plan then. I was looking to drop a decent amount of the 1k into it, so maybe I'll look into a catback with the full downpipe on hold till the warranty runs out

Quote Originally Posted by spirited09wrx View Post
    I just picked up a set of whiteline sways (24F/22R) and kartboy endlinks and they are loads of fun. I would consider holding off on the power mods until warranty is closer to being up, but thats up to you. Other than that a cat back exhaust, or even an axle back, will give the car some growl. It makes me smile and enjoy my ride that much more
    You know what they say about great minds...

ideas on a good catback? I have a 9 month old daughter, so nothing that drones... I was thinking Invidia Q300.

Oh yeah, I forgot... I have a hack, not sedan.

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by jesterking View Post
    ideas on a good catback? I have a 9 month old daughter, so nothing that drones... I was thinking Invidia Q300.

Oh yeah, I forgot... I have a hack, not sedan.
    Save the money and stick with the stock catback. You wont find any on the cheaper side that don't drone. Even the more expensive ones drone a little. Just get a DP and Cobb AP and go stage 2 and use the rest for F/R shifter bushings, trans mounth, and possibly pitch stop. You'll still have cash left over after all that. Shop used and you can get even better deals.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.